ExxonMobil Chemical

Very Easy Interview

Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer Interview

Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer
Beaumont, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil Chemical.

Interview Details – 1. Applied online a year before my graduation 2. received a phone call to setup a phone interview. 3. After an excellent phone interview, I was asked to come onsite for additional interviews. 4. received an offer at the end of my interview day.

Interview Question – None. Most of them were behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because it was the highest offer at that time

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer

Interviewed at ExxonMobil Chemical

Interview Details – Initial phone interview followed by onside visit in a couple weeks ... Interview focused my previous experience and my technical skills ... Very few behavior based questions ... Had five individual interviews ... Most of the questions were easy ... Got the impression they were more interested if I was fit for the group as opposed to my capabilities .

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Process Contact Engineer Interview

Process Contact Engineer
Baytown, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil Chemical in September 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process for me started at my university. There we were given an hour long interview that had behavioral based questions (Tell me about a time when you...). From there I was referred to a specific site that I had to do a phone interview to gauge my interest. I attended an all day event on site where I was given three interviews with management and technical leaders. Very similar types of behavior questions were asked as well as letting me know what types of opportunities were available.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to solve a problem creatively.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was negotiation. They gave you an offer.

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil Chemical.

Interview Details – I was applying for an internship. I had an on campus interview where the guy seemed very disinterested in what I had to say and asked me the same question twice. Obviously he did not care about the interview and I got a job based off my resume.

Interview Question – They had standard questions - Tell us about a time when you worked in a group. Tell me about a time when something didnt go right   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Chemical Engineer
Baytown, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil Chemical in October 2012.

Interview Details – They were great to work with throughout the whole process. Initially talked at my schools career fair, then had a 1:1 interview the next day. Was given a phone interview from the specific location I was interested in a couple of days later. Flown down for the final site interview the following week and given the offer on the spot during the 3rd and final interview of that day. Note - process was expedited as I had other offers that I was considering.

Interview Question – I had previously worked on a very small project in an SRU unit, but had limited exposure to the actual SRU process. I was asked to draw the entire unit on a marker board and explain how it worked.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was blown away by how high the offer was and didn't feel I needed to negotiate.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil Chemical.

Interview Details – It was very easy, just a few behavior questions.Nothing tricky or mathematical. The questions mainly consisted on how you'd behave and act in a team. On really good question they asked was why I wanted to work for them. They just want to know you are taking it seriously and really want the position.

Interview Question – What has been your best decision ever?   Answer Question

Cost Engineer Interview

Cost Engineer
Baytown, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ExxonMobil Chemical in September 2012.

Interview Details – On Campus Interview
Phone Interview
On Site Interview (4 interview)

On campus interviews are relatively easy to get if you have solid resume. (high GPA, work experience etc.) It seems that all the interviews are processed into a large pool, which are accessible by managers of the site. Once the manager sees profile and like it, they will call you. All the interviews are very straight forward.

Interview Question – On campus interview (expected behavioral questions)
Phone interview and on-site (conversational laid back)
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Supply Chain Intern

Interview Details – All behavioral questions.
Nothing technical in nature.
Very predictable, alot of questions in 30 minute time.
No time to really get to know the interviewer

Cost Engineer Interview

Cost Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil Chemical in April 2011.

Interview Details – They gave me four interviews, and one technical interview. Most of them were just schmoozy, "get to know you" type questions. Also, there were some behavioral questions ("tell me about a time when...."). The technical interview was given by a junior employee and didn't seem to be very important. The "fit" questions were quite pointed, however.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Baytown, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil Chemical in November 2009.

Interview Details – You get called in to schedule interview. I interviewed on campus for about 45 mins to 1 hour. The entire thing was behavioral. "Tell me about a time when you faced this challenge and what did you do etc...". Talked about current projects and struggles in college. They take lots of notes about how you respond. They want to see how you explain technical things in a way as to not lose the attention of the listener. Presentation is key. If you make it past the initial interview, someone (usually your future boss) will call you for an on site interview. Someone from your future group takes you to breakfast and takes you from interview to interview. You meet with about 5 or 6 people who talk to you informally really just to see what your personality is like. The usual "what do you like to do" and "tell me about yourself". The 2nd interview step is easier than the on-campus 1st step. If you are a new-hire, they might give you an offer at the end of the day (on-site). If you are an experienced hire, they might wait to inform you later on. Usually everybody gets together at the end of the day to discuss their opinions of the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a difficult situation and you were in the position of leadership and needed to show leadership skills while solving the problem.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a current or past technical project you worked on where you faced a problem and tell me what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with someone in the work place and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for me.

Interviews for Top Jobs at ExxonMobil Chemical

Worked for ExxonMobil Chemical? Contribute to the Community!