ExxonMobil

2.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

I was first invited to dinner on campus. I had another outstanding offer and they were very accommodating. Quickly did first round phone interview and then they sent me to Houston the next week for 2 more interviews. Interview Process was very structured and thorough. All interviews were very relaxed and conversational.

Interview Questions
  • Talk about a time when your problem-solving technique was not working and how you changed it.
    Talk about a time when you had to use data analysis to solve a problem.
    Know your resume (as always) and have stories for everything.
      Answer Question
Negotiating as an intern is probably not your best bet.

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Controller Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ExxonMobil in January 2012.

For the first round, candidates were invited to a group dinner with the interviewer before the interview. The interview was more like behavior interview, just talked about education, previous work experience and examples of teamwork, leadership, etc. The second round was the last round, but including three 1-on-1 interviews given by managers at the headquarter office. The process was just as the same as the first round.

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in January 2010.

Very rigid interview process. There was a list of "suggested" questions which we worked our way through. Two people interviewed in the first interview. Was very routine and not much chance to see the personalities of the interviewers and whether you would be able to work with them. When asked questions they tried to answer as best they could, but came across as quite vague. Job description was not the best. Felt like you were signing up for a brand. After 1st interview, then drug tests and medicals. Once the results came back, then 2nd interview. 2nd interview conducted by 2 people. More of a meet and greet, but also ran through the importance of procedures and controls (dont kid yourself - this is major!). Asked for any conflicts of interest.

Interview Questions
    Did not feel like there was any room to negotiate so did not try to do so.