ExxonMobil

www.exxonmobil.com
Profile Unclaimed

ExxonMobil Cost Engineer Interview Questions

Cost Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

First interview was on campus, behavioral and relaxed, probably because I had a nice interviewer. I received an e-mail a week or so later letting me know that I had passed the first round of interviews and was in the pool of prospective hires that hiring managers choose from. I was contacted about 2 weeks later by a hiring manager in Baytown to gage my interest, then received an official invitation for a second on-site interview in the Baytown complex. I was taken out to dinner the night before my interview at ExxonMobil, and the next day I was taken to breakfast. It was an all-day process and I went through 4 interviews that day. Received my offer about 3 weeks after. The entire process took a little longer than other companies but that's expected from a giant like ExxonMobil, overall everyone I met was very nice and helpful throughout the entire experience.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you faced an ethical dilemma and had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question
Very competitive salary, no negotiation needed

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2012.

On Campus Interview
    Phone Interview
    On Site Interview (4 interview)

On campus interviews are relatively easy to get if you have solid resume. (high GPA, work experience etc.) It seems that all the interviews are processed into a large pool, which are accessible by managers of the site. Once the manager sees profile and like it, they will call you. All the interviews are very straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • On campus interview (expected behavioral questions)
      Phone interview and on-site (conversational laid back)

Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in April 2011.

They gave me four interviews, and one technical interview. Most of them were just schmoozy, "get to know you" type questions. Also, there were some behavioral questions ("tell me about a time when...."). The technical interview was given by a junior employee and didn't seem to be very important. The "fit" questions were quite pointed, however.