ExxonMobil Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baton Rouge, LA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

If you interview at campus you get offer to visit and get hosted by relatively new employee. Then you sen he day doing 3-4 interviews. These will typically be by one second line supervisor, a senior technical, department head, and finally business manager. If you do great you can get a spot offer.

Interview Questions
  • During these site visits the managers get to ask whatever they want. Some keep it to conversation and some may choose to do a situational interview.   Answer Question
As a new hire not sure how much negotiation one will really do.

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Engineer Interview

Campus interview, phone-interview, and 1 day site interview with multiple current employees.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't overly difficult. It was more geared to ensuring the personality and interests matched the company.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Did not have hard interviews, until it was the last interview. Already had experience in the position they were looking for. They want leaders and people who will help the company grow in the direction of leadership (i.e. against all competitors).
    Had a friendly recruiter and they took us out to dinner before the main on-campus interview.
    No presentations either.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you did not get your way and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2012.

Applied through the career center at my school. Got an interview on campus the day before the career fair. They interviewed a TON of people it seemed and my interviewer was extremely laid back. He asked a few questions and the entire interview only took about 20 minutes. About two weeks later I received a call for a phone screening with no prior notification other than an email that I had been referred to hiring managers. The questions were mainly to make sure my interests lined up with the position they were trying to fill. I was told I would hear back from them within a week if they wanted to continue the process. I got a call the next day and scheduled a flight for early the next week. I was driven around and saw various areas of Houston and had dinner with newer employees the night before the interview. The day of the interview I had 4 interviews with people in my potential group and 1 cross-functional interview. I had a benefits presentation with HR then met with my manager and was given an offer on the spot. The interviews were laid back and not very many "STAR" questions but just trying to get to know me and make sure my interests lined up with the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Very strong starting salary and benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

5 rounds of one-on-one interviews: 3 overviews of the company (1 general about the business line, 1 general about the group within the business line, 1 specific about position); 2 interviews (one based on candidate overall fit, one based on work ethic, flexibility, etc.)

Interview Questions
    • Discuss an experience you've had where you overcame an obstacle, how you did it and how that will help you contribute to ExxonMobil.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2011.

One interview that lasted roughly 1 hour. The questions were very subjective which consisted primarily of behavioral and situational questions (i.e., describe a time when you had to deal with a stressful situation, ... a time when you didn't know the answer, ... deal with ambiguity).

Overall, it was an easy interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to design a system to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2011.

It seemed to me that they were looking for a candidate who could handle change. I had at least four questions about handleing change, all of them just worded differently. They had also the traditional behavioral questions. Anyways I didn't get past the first interview but I wasnt so stoked about being paid a lot of money to be in a career that didn't interest me much.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me About a time where u had to handle change.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Provo, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2011.

Interviewer was very profesional and kind. He passed me on to the next step of the interview process but said that it was fairly late in the hiring season for new graduates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2010.

EM had an info session, first interview was at my uni, one-on-one consisting of mostly behavioural questions. 2nd interview was with HR Recruiter, mostly discussion of resume. The third and fourth interviews were with specific people in the department. The third interview was very informal, general. The fourth interview was the toughest with harder behavioural questions. Once done, the recruiter called to inform me of my offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you failed to succeed at something, and how you coped with it.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2010.

It was tough because they asked some question that I was not expecting. It caught me off guard and I did not nearly as well as I hoped. However, I do wish I had prepare more in advance. I would definitely know good responses to team-oriented question that seemed to be a major focus.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you came up with a solution to a complicated problem   Answer Question

Worked for ExxonMobil? Contribute to the Community!