ExxonMobil

Average Difficulty
29 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Baytown, TX

The process took 1 week - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2008.

Interview Details – I was hired from an on-campus job fair. The interview included a lot of hypothetical "what would you do" type questions. I was given a brief overview of the company and asked whether or not I would rather work in Upstream or Downstream. Even though I said I would rather work in Upstream they were clearly only recruiting for Downstream. If you are looking for a specific position you should VERY EXPLICITLY state it.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you were the on a team and your group members were not contributing. What did you do?   Answer Question
  • How do you deal with problems that seem like there are no solutions at first?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not choose to negotiate.

Joliet, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2009.

Interview Details – I applied from through my University career center during the career fair, and got selected for an interview. The interview lasted for about 70 minutes and the recruiter was very friendly. There were lots of behavioral questions. No technical questions. Just questions like tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for exxon mobil and what do you think you can offer? then questions from what you put on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had problems with a team mate and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • What are your weaknesses and how to you use them in positive light towards your job   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil in January 2010.

Interview Details – Got the on-site job interview through campus recruiting. First round interview was in the campus, and it wall behavorial. At the on-site interview, similar questions were asked. I repeated the same answers. Showed little bit of histancy in traveling - that killed me.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had resolve a conflict that you were part of.   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil in January 2008.

Interview Details – I got the interview through university career fair. First round was at my university 1:1 with a recruiter. Questions asked was all behavioral and very fair and straight forward. They will gauge your interest and recommend you for a specific group for a final round. Final round is on site. They will fly you in the night before and bring a "buddy" that will host you while you are on site. Hotel they put you in is top notch, and so is the dinner the night before. Day of interview involves multiple 1:1 interviews with managers in the group. Again, all questions are behavioral.

Interview Question – Please describe a time where you had to convince a group of your idea and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in January 2009.

Interview Details – Exxon got my resume through a job fair, the first round of interview was on campus the next day. It was a mix of both technical skills and personality fit. I next got a call after about 2 months with an invitation for an onsite interview. The interview day was presentation followed by 1:1 interviews. Work culture seemed relaxed, everyone I met had a separate room for an office! The technical interview was a breeze but the work did not seem exciting, this probably came across.

Interview Question – Something from undergrad thermo...   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2008.

Interview Details – very nice interviewers. very polite. Did not ask any difficult questions. Very calm. Easy to talk to. Great handshake. Welcoming. Interview is one on one style. No tricks. No gimmicks. The candidates must be ready to talk about anything. Try to be very relaxed and very personable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – not really

Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – I got a first round interview for an entry level engineer position. It wasnt that bad except I was like asked 3 or 4 times in different ways questions about how I deal with change. I had an answer for maybe the first two but I couldnt use the same examples for the rest. Come in with multple examples.

Interview Question – Dealing with change.   Answer Question

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in May 2009.

Interview Details – good experience, friendly, met with several employees

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2011.

Interview Details – The process started with an online application, psychometric tests and then 3 competency questions. After a week I was offered a phone interview (competency based) which was with an external company. The lady on the phone was really nice and put me at ease. After 3 days I received an invitation for a face-to-face interview with a member of HR which went well and was again competency based. I was invited to an assessment centre which consisted of group interviews and a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were working on a project and it suddenly changed direction   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you had a particularly difficult problme to solve. How did you go about it?   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2011.

Interview Details – Went over resume briefly. Mostly talked about what I would do in group situations, when I've led or done group projects, or what I would do to solve a problem. Very qualitative and low-key. Interviewer was very nice and let me ask questions at the end.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you were faced with a difficult problem and how you solved it.   Answer Question