ExxonMobil

Updated Jan 10, 2015

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2011.

One interview that lasted roughly 1 hour. The questions were very subjective which consisted primarily of behavioral and situational questions (i.e., describe a time when you had to deal with a stressful situation, ... a time when you didn't know the answer, ... deal with ambiguity).

Overall, it was an easy interview.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had to design a system to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2011.

It seemed to me that they were looking for a candidate who could handle change. I had at least four questions about handleing change, all of them just worded differently. They had also the traditional behavioral questions. Anyways I didn't get past the first interview but I wasnt so stoked about being paid a lot of money to be in a career that didn't interest me much.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me About a time where u had to handle change.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2011.

Interviewer was very profesional and kind. He passed me on to the next step of the interview process but said that it was fairly late in the hiring season for new graduates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2010.

EM had an info session, first interview was at my uni, one-on-one consisting of mostly behavioural questions. 2nd interview was with HR Recruiter, mostly discussion of resume. The third and fourth interviews were with specific people in the department. The third interview was very informal, general. The fourth interview was the toughest with harder behavioural questions. Once done, the recruiter called to inform me of my offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you failed to succeed at something, and how you coped with it.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2010.

It was tough because they asked some question that I was not expecting. It caught me off guard and I did not nearly as well as I hoped. However, I do wish I had prepare more in advance. I would definitely know good responses to team-oriented question that seemed to be a major focus.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you came up with a solution to a complicated problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2010.

The first interview was a 1:1 interview on campus at our career center. The interview consisted of five behavioral questions. I was their first interview of the day, so it was fairly laid back and relaxed. All questions were answered using the S.T.A.R. format - Situation, Task, Action and Result. That was their preference. He was the manager of the chemical area (the big boss) and he was really nice. I heard from other students that were interviewed by another one, and they told me that it is hard, because the interviewer interrupt you every time, fortunately that wasn't my case.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you volunteered for a project or job, going beyond the call of duty.   Answer Question
    • A time when you have dealt with a difficult problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in January 2010.

Got the on-site job interview through campus recruiting. First round interview was in the campus, and it wall behavorial. At the on-site interview, similar questions were asked. I repeated the same answers. Showed little bit of histancy in traveling - that killed me.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had resolve a conflict that you were part of.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2009.

You get called in to schedule interview. I interviewed on campus for about 45 mins to 1 hour. The entire thing was behavioral. "Tell me about a time when you faced this challenge and what did you do etc...". Talked about current projects and struggles in college. They take lots of notes about how you respond. They want to see how you explain technical things in a way as to not lose the attention of the listener. Presentation is key. If you make it past the initial interview, someone (usually your future boss) will call you for an on site interview. Someone from your future group takes you to breakfast and takes you from interview to interview. You meet with about 5 or 6 people who talk to you informally really just to see what your personality is like. The usual "what do you like to do" and "tell me about yourself". The 2nd interview step is easier than the on-campus 1st step. If you are a new-hire, they might give you an offer at the end of the day (on-site). If you are an experienced hire, they might wait to inform you later on. Usually everybody gets together at the end of the day to discuss their opinions of the candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you faced a difficult situation and you were in the position of leadership and needed to show leadership skills while solving the problem.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a current or past technical project you worked on where you faced a problem and tell me what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with someone in the work place and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2009.

I applied from through my University career center during the career fair, and got selected for an interview. The interview lasted for about 70 minutes and the recruiter was very friendly. There were lots of behavioral questions. No technical questions. Just questions like tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for exxon mobil and what do you think you can offer? then questions from what you put on your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had problems with a team mate and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What are your weaknesses and how to you use them in positive light towards your job   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ExxonMobil in June 2009.

Interview was pretty standard. The system is methodical and very specific processes in place. The standard questions around work experience and people skills apply. Be ready to explain any gaps in work experience etc. that you may have had. Also you can mention any personal reasons as to why you are wanting to move to the location etc.