ExxonMobil

Average Difficulty
30 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – I applied for an on-campus interview through the campus career services site during the annual recruitment and interview period. Met recruiter in person during scheduled interview days in student union. Duration was about one half hour, fairly typical one on one interview setup except for the approach the recruiter took.

Interview Question – The recruiter essentially just looked at my resume and picked things to ask me about; but focused on more minor extracurricular activities rather than on the relevant experience that I had. Differed from the typical behavioral interview in that I wasn't able to pick the best examples from all my experiences to answer questions, but was forced to discuss the topics that the recruiter chose.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – Interviewed via a one on one college recruiting event. There was an information session the night before. I would recommend going to this if it is available. Overall, the interview was casual and consisted of mostly "name a time when" type questions. I did not receive an offer, as they were primarily looking at graduate students.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Beaumont, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for an internship on the company's website and via NSBE through a scholarship opportunity. I was contacted by the Baton Rouge location within about 3 weeks after submitting an application. The process of setting up a phone interview took about a week. During the interview I was asked questions such as past leadership roles, most liked/disliked subject and why, and future goals and interests. I didn't hear back from Exxon for almost an entire two months. Then out of the blue, I was contacted by the Exxon Beaumont location so set up another interview. I was asked similar questions during this phone interview. Another 2 weeks passed by then I was asked if I would like to accept an offer to intern during the summer. This entire process (day of application submission to receiving an offer) lasted from October to December.

Interview Question – How have your leadership roles benefited you?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Interview Details – Was my first interview for an internship so I was not entirely sure what to expect. The interviewer was very professional - no deviation from the script. "The first question is... The second question is..." No real interaction/conversation between the two of us. Strictly questions and answers. All of the questions were behavioral, but I didn't have any experience at the time.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you demonstrated yourself as a leader in a culturally diverse environment? Tell me about a time where you resolved a conflict between you and a coworker?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – Mostly behavior questions on campus, then technical questions on phone later.

Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2013.

Interview Details – Really strait forward. Standard questions

Interview Question – none, it was an on campus interview   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I needed to take a class during the summer

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – On campus interview. The interviewer was really nice and patient. We talked a lot about the coursework and the research experience I had within the past few years. I have really a lot of diverse and interesting research opportunities. After the interview, I haven't heard from them for the next round.

Interview Question – I would say it is pretty technical. The interviewer knows a lot about what he is dealing with, and I tried to sell my research ideas as much as possible.   Answer Question

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – Very kind people there at Exxon Mobil. Interviewing process from my university was greatly appreciated as an opportunity to get into the field of oil and gas. I first interviewed in a general interview and then I had a second interview in which a facility called me and gave me another interview.

Interview Question – What makes you different from other engineers?   Answer Question

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – Behavioral interview with one round of questions

Interview Question – simple questions. be yourself   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2013.

Interview Details – applied through school's career website and online, process took 2 weeks, and another 2 weeks to hear back from them

Interview Question – what is the most difficult thing you've ever accomplished so far?   Answer Question

Worked for ExxonMobil? Contribute to the Community!