ExxonMobil Intern Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.9

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

I applied through campus recruiting. The online application was basically just uploading a resume and transcripts, and then filling in a few boxes with info from those documents. The interview was really laid back. The interviewer pretty much went through my resume and clarified a few things, and asked me some conversation-starter type questions. They did most of the talking.

Interview Questions
  • It looks from your resume as though you've set yourself up for a career in academia [as opposed to industry].   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

I applied online before the recruiter came to my school. Late afternoon (dinner time) on the day before the interview, the recruiter gave us a presentation about the company as well as the recruiting process. My interview with ExxonMobil was on the day after the info session. The recruiter was pretty nice. We basically walked through my resume. She asked questions based on the resume or some clarifications of my resume. I felt relaxed during the whole interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Their was no difficult questions once you know your resume well (of course).   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

I applied for an on-campus interview through the campus career services site during the annual recruitment and interview period. Met recruiter in person during scheduled interview days in student union. Duration was about one half hour, fairly typical one on one interview setup except for the approach the recruiter took.

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter essentially just looked at my resume and picked things to ask me about; but focused on more minor extracurricular activities rather than on the relevant experience that I had. Differed from the typical behavioral interview in that I wasn't able to pick the best examples from all my experiences to answer questions, but was forced to discuss the topics that the recruiter chose.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interviewed via a one on one college recruiting event. There was an information session the night before. I would recommend going to this if it is available. Overall, the interview was casual and consisted of mostly "name a time when" type questions. I did not receive an offer, as they were primarily looking at graduate students.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Mostly behavior questions on campus, then technical questions on phone later.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

On campus interview. The interviewer was really nice and patient. We talked a lot about the coursework and the research experience I had within the past few years. I have really a lot of diverse and interesting research opportunities. After the interview, I haven't heard from them for the next round.

Interview Questions
    • I would say it is pretty technical. The interviewer knows a lot about what he is dealing with, and I tried to sell my research ideas as much as possible.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Very kind people there at Exxon Mobil. Interviewing process from my university was greatly appreciated as an opportunity to get into the field of oil and gas. I first interviewed in a general interview and then I had a second interview in which a facility called me and gave me another interview.

Intern Interview

Behavioral interview with one round of questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beaumont, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2013.

I applied for an internship on the company's website and via NSBE through a scholarship opportunity. I was contacted by the Baton Rouge location within about 3 weeks after submitting an application. The process of setting up a phone interview took about a week. During the interview I was asked questions such as past leadership roles, most liked/disliked subject and why, and future goals and interests. I didn't hear back from Exxon for almost an entire two months. Then out of the blue, I was contacted by the Exxon Beaumont location so set up another interview. I was asked similar questions during this phone interview. Another 2 weeks passed by then I was asked if I would like to accept an offer to intern during the summer. This entire process (day of application submission to receiving an offer) lasted from October to December.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Met them at a career fair and invited to interview the next day.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions and why I was interested in ExxonMobil and Houston   Answer Question

Worked for ExxonMobil? Contribute to the Community!