ExxonMobil Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Interview

Interviewed with several different people during one day. Each interview was approx 45 minutes. They took all the candidates who were also interviewing to lunch. Nothing was too difficult. I was just myself and answered each question honestly. Some scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• How did I go against something someone who was my superior told me to do.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

The first part of the interview process was with the on campus recruiter. The questions were just standard behavioral questions and some time was spent on the recruiter talking about the different companies/departments that ExxonMobil had and then asked which one you would prefer. The second part of the interview process came a few weeks later. This was with a hiring manager from a specific company/department looking to actually hire me (the intern). The questions made me go into great detail about my resume and had a lot of questions regarding personal career choices and goals.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was "What is your career goal and how would working at ExxonMobil help you achieve that goal?"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

submitted resume and got an in person interview on campus for about 30 minutes. a few weeks later i get a phone interview with a specific organization within the company, and i received my offer shortly after.

Interview Questions

• nothing unexpected, the typical get-to-know you interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I requested an interview through my school's career fair and interviewed maybe a week later. It was very straightforward, much like a conversation. My interviewer went through my resume and asked me about various things, asking typical behavioral questions along the way (biggest challenges I faced while doing X, conflict resolution examples, etc.). It was very relaxed and pleasant. I received an email about a week later saying that I had made it through the first round of interviews. Then I got a call from a site about a week later in which I was mostly asked what kind of work I'm interested in doing as an intern and why I'm interested in working at ExxonMobil. I received an internship offer at this site about a week after that.

Interview Questions

• What leadership skills have you learned/acquired through extracurricular activities that would be relevant to working at ExxonMobil?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate since the offer was well above what I indicated during the application process.

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied through the school. After I applied to hey contacted me for an on campus interview. I then interviewed on campus. Within two weeks I was told that my file had been accepted and sent to hiring managers. Then I was told in a week that I was being flown out for on site interviews. Got offer at the end.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you worked in a group and group members disagreed with you?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Applied online and received a request for an interview through school job search page. Interviewed on site, was a very straight forward behavioral interview. Interviewer was very nice and informative. He told me about what roles I might be performing on site and a little more about what the internship process would be like.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had to convince others that your approach to a problem was the correct approach.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Easy interview on campus. Mostly behavioral questions and resume review. The people were very pleasant. Make sure that you come with a lot of questions and are comfortable transferring to Texas in the summer.

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview was conducted on my University Campus and afterwards was a phone interview. It was set up through my career center so i just basically had to select a time slot and show up ready to interview. The interviewer was nice, polite, and soft spoken, however seemed knowledgeable and had the management position to make this assumption.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty standard for a behavioral interview. The only thing that made me think for a minute was, "what was your worst class ever". this was unexpected because most interviews would ask the contrary question of "what is your favorite class" which was not asked through the course of this interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Interview

Talk to them at my school's career fair, then set up and interview. Interviewer was very relaxed and friendly. Went over my resume briefly, then asked general behavioral questions. Each interviewer had a 4 pages of questions and picked one per page to write about. Focused on leadership and autonomy

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you initiated a project and lead throughout?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Interview

Talked to them at engineering career fair and also submitted resume through career center. Got interview notification in the second week after the career fair. The interview was on the third week, and consisted of four behavioral questions, about team leadership and time/task management. The questions were not difficult but I didn't do well. I also asked the interviewer a few questions. The total time length was 50min. The rejection email came in two weeks after the interview.