ExxonMobil

Updated Nov 12, 2014
Updated Nov 12, 2014

63 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

The first part of the interview process was with the on campus recruiter. The questions were just standard behavioral questions and some time was spent on the recruiter talking about the different companies/departments that ExxonMobil had and then asked which one you would prefer.

The second part of the interview process came a few weeks later. This was with a hiring manager from a specific company/department looking to actually hire me (the intern). The questions made me go into great detail about my resume and had a lot of questions regarding personal career choices and goals.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult question for me was "What is your career goal and how would working at ExxonMobil help you achieve that goal?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Intern Interview

Applied online and received a request for an interview through school job search page. Interviewed on site, was a very straight forward behavioral interview. Interviewer was very nice and informative. He told me about what roles I might be performing on site and a little more about what the internship process would be like.

Interview Questions
    • What was one time you had to convince others that your approach to a problem was the correct approach.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

I requested an interview through my school's career fair and interviewed maybe a week later. It was very straightforward, much like a conversation. My interviewer went through my resume and asked me about various things, asking typical behavioral questions along the way (biggest challenges I faced while doing X, conflict resolution examples, etc.). It was very relaxed and pleasant.

I received an email about a week later saying that I had made it through the first round of interviews. Then I got a call from a site about a week later in which I was mostly asked what kind of work I'm interested in doing as an intern and why I'm interested in working at ExxonMobil. I received an internship offer at this site about a week after that.

Interview Questions
    • What leadership skills have you learned/acquired through extracurricular activities that would be relevant to working at ExxonMobil?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate since the offer was well above what I indicated during the application process.

Intern Interview

I applied through the school. After I applied to hey contacted me for an on campus interview. I then interviewed on campus. Within two weeks I was told that my file had been accepted and sent to hiring managers. Then I was told in a week that I was being flown out for on site interviews. Got offer at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you worked in a group and group members disagreed with you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Easy interview on campus. Mostly behavioral questions and resume review. The people were very pleasant. Make sure that you come with a lot of questions and are comfortable transferring to Texas in the summer.

Intern Interview

Interview was conducted on my University Campus and afterwards was a phone interview. It was set up through my career center so i just basically had to select a time slot and show up ready to interview. The interviewer was nice, polite, and soft spoken, however seemed knowledgeable and had the management position to make this assumption.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty standard for a behavioral interview. The only thing that made me think for a minute was, "what was your worst class ever". this was unexpected because most interviews would ask the contrary question of "what is your favorite class" which was not asked through the course of this interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Talk to them at my school's career fair, then set up and interview. Interviewer was very relaxed and friendly. Went over my resume briefly, then asked general behavioral questions. Each interviewer had a 4 pages of questions and picked one per page to write about. Focused on leadership and autonomy

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you initiated a project and lead throughout?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Talked to them at engineering career fair and also submitted resume through career center. Got interview notification in the second week after the career fair. The interview was on the third week, and consisted of four behavioral questions, about team leadership and time/task management. The questions were not difficult but I didn't do well. I also asked the interviewer a few questions. The total time length was 50min. The rejection email came in two weeks after the interview.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Applied online via my school's career center. The interviewer who was a mid-level engineer informed me at the beginning of the interview that all of the internship positions had already been filled and that my "internship" interview was really just a preface for full time next year. It would have been nice to have been told that beforehand. Exxon really just wants to hire average engineers who aren't too ambitious and are willing to stay with the company their whole life- the interviewer reiterated this point over and over.

Interview Questions
    • What's a good decision and a bad decision you made recently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

The interview was purely behavorial. There were no technical questions. The interview surprising did not ask "Why Exxon Mobil?" or "Why would you be a good fit in the company?". The toughest question was "What other strengths have you not talked about?"