ExxonMobil Intern Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Interview

Interviewed with several different people during one day. Each interview was approx 45 minutes. They took all the candidates who were also interviewing to lunch. Nothing was too difficult. I was just myself and answered each question honestly. Some scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• How did I go against something someone who was my superior told me to do.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

The first part of the interview process was with the on campus recruiter. The questions were just standard behavioral questions and some time was spent on the recruiter talking about the different companies/departments that ExxonMobil had and then asked which one you would prefer. The second part of the interview process came a few weeks later. This was with a hiring manager from a specific company/department looking to actually hire me (the intern). The questions made me go into great detail about my resume and had a lot of questions regarding personal career choices and goals.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was "What is your career goal and how would working at ExxonMobil help you achieve that goal?"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

submitted resume and got an in person interview on campus for about 30 minutes. a few weeks later i get a phone interview with a specific organization within the company, and i received my offer shortly after.

Interview Questions

• nothing unexpected, the typical get-to-know you interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I requested an interview through my school's career fair and interviewed maybe a week later. It was very straightforward, much like a conversation. My interviewer went through my resume and asked me about various things, asking typical behavioral questions along the way (biggest challenges I faced while doing X, conflict resolution examples, etc.). It was very relaxed and pleasant. I received an email about a week later saying that I had made it through the first round of interviews. Then I got a call from a site about a week later in which I was mostly asked what kind of work I'm interested in doing as an intern and why I'm interested in working at ExxonMobil. I received an internship offer at this site about a week after that.

Interview Questions

• What leadership skills have you learned/acquired through extracurricular activities that would be relevant to working at ExxonMobil?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate since the offer was well above what I indicated during the application process.

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied through the school. After I applied to hey contacted me for an on campus interview. I then interviewed on campus. Within two weeks I was told that my file had been accepted and sent to hiring managers. Then I was told in a week that I was being flown out for on site interviews. Got offer at the end.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you worked in a group and group members disagreed with you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Easy interview on campus. Mostly behavioral questions and resume review. The people were very pleasant. Make sure that you come with a lot of questions and are comfortable transferring to Texas in the summer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was purely behavorial. There were no technical questions. The interview surprising did not ask "Why Exxon Mobil?" or "Why would you be a good fit in the company?". The toughest question was "What other strengths have you not talked about?"

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Went to the Society of Women Engineers Conference where I spoke to one of the recruiters during the career fair. Exxon looks for 3 things: previous internship experience, gpa 3.7 and higher, and a unique leadership experience (club president, created a program). once they see those three on your resume and you make a good first impression your chances on getting and interview are higher. I was offered an interview on the spot. Then the interviewer told me I would be notified a week to two weeks later, which I was. I was called by HR for an on phone interview. After just a couple questions I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with a team and you resolved a problem. What are your best qualities   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Career Development office asked for resumes from people interested in Exxon who had 3.5 or higher GPA, prior internship experience and leadership experience, and would be willing to relocate. Alumni who were exxon employees selected candidates to interview. Interview lasted about 45-60 minutes and included the typical behavioral questions and questions like "why Exxon?" From there they selected those to refer to any managers with positions to fill. About a week or so later I was contacted via email by my manager and set up a 20 minute phone interview the next day that ended in an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was really laid back (for an interview) and focused entirely on behavioral questions. I got an offer really quickly. After accepting, there is a relatively long period of not hearing anything. No salary, moving benefits, work location, or what I'd work on. About a month before leaving, my supervisors contacted me and helped me with my questions. The relocation team was great with answering any questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate at all. The offer blew me away and I was inexperienced enough in the field to not know how to negotiate. I'd probably not waste much time negotiating until the full time offer comes your way.