ExxonMobil

Updated Nov 18, 2014

65 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2010.

Not to bad of a interview there were a lot of behavior questions.

Interview Questions
  • In what situation have you ever had to be a leader.   View Answer
None since only internship

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2009.

First met with the recruiters at a university career fair. Very friendly recruiters most of which were alums of the university that I attend. The interview consisted of many behavioral questions along with past work experience scenarios, team scenarios, leadership scenarios, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at ExxonMobil in February 2013.

I first met with a campus recruiter at the engineering job fair on campus. I went through my resume and talked about my research experience that I did the summer after my Freshman year. I got an on campus interview where I was asked the normal STAR questions about working with others and past experiences. Then, the interviewer asked about my interests and where I see my career going. I told her what I was interested in and she said I would fit well in the **** department and that she would pass my information along to them to see if they could find a spot for me. A few months later, I was contacted by the recruiter for the department who told me I would be flown to headquarters for a second interview with said department. The second interview consisted of three interviews with three different people, including a very senior level executive.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked questions specific to what I was interviewing for, even though it was outside of my topic of study at school.   Answer Question
    The salary is so competitive, I would not advise negotiating for intern positions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2012.

The hiring process started with attending a college Career Fair and speaking with a representative about my resume. Then, I filled out an application online and received an invitation to an interview. After accepting the interview, I was invited to a company information session.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when halfway through a project, the resources you had were no longer available.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

online application with CV. Then, face to face interview in their office. Competency based questions, such as my achievement, give example, elaborate it and specifically tell them how I deal with certain situation.They asked according to my resume so be familiar with what you have written.

Interview Questions
    • something like IQ question I guess, "how to do you fill a shopping mall with tennis balls? stated your assumptions"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2013.

applied through school's career website and online, process took 2 weeks, and another 2 weeks to hear back from them

Interview Questions
    • what is the most difficult thing you've ever accomplished so far?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2012.

There is only 1 interview and it tends to be a panel of about 3 people from different department that are likely to accept you as their intern.

Interview Questions
    • What are the challenges you face in your part time jobs and how do you go about overcoming those challenges.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2013.

I interviewed through college or university. Submitted resume on my college's career website and then got an email from the recruiter. I then scheduled the interview time. The interview took 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most challenge while working in a group project?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Was my first interview for an internship so I was not entirely sure what to expect. The interviewer was very professional - no deviation from the script. "The first question is... The second question is..." No real interaction/conversation between the two of us. Strictly questions and answers. All of the questions were behavioral, but I didn't have any experience at the time.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you demonstrated yourself as a leader in a culturally diverse environment? Tell me about a time where you resolved a conflict between you and a coworker?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2013.

I applied for an internship on the company's website and via NSBE through a scholarship opportunity. I was contacted by the Baton Rouge location within about 3 weeks after submitting an application. The process of setting up a phone interview took about a week. During the interview I was asked questions such as past leadership roles, most liked/disliked subject and why, and future goals and interests. I didn't hear back from Exxon for almost an entire two months. Then out of the blue, I was contacted by the Exxon Beaumont location so set up another interview. I was asked similar questions during this phone interview. Another 2 weeks passed by then I was asked if I would like to accept an offer to intern during the summer. This entire process (day of application submission to receiving an offer) lasted from October to December.