ExxonMobil Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied online through website, passed the psychometric tests and then was emailed with notification of telephone interview, whole process took about 3 weeks or so. Results were also very quick, only about 2 days after.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me a time when you analysed numerical data to reach a conclusion.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I interviewed through college or university. Submitted resume on my college's career website and then got an email from the recruiter. I then scheduled the interview time. The interview took 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• What was your most challenge while working in a group project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA) in November 2010.

Interview

Not to bad of a interview there were a lot of behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• In what situation have you ever had to be a leader.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None since only internship

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

First met with the recruiters at a university career fair. Very friendly recruiters most of which were alums of the university that I attend. The interview consisted of many behavioral questions along with past work experience scenarios, team scenarios, leadership scenarios, etc.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

online application with CV. Then, face to face interview in their office. Competency based questions, such as my achievement, give example, elaborate it and specifically tell them how I deal with certain situation.They asked according to my resume so be familiar with what you have written.

Interview Questions

• something like IQ question I guess, "how to do you fill a shopping mall with tennis balls? stated your assumptions"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2013.

Interview

applied through school's career website and online, process took 2 weeks, and another 2 weeks to hear back from them

Interview Questions

• what is the most difficult thing you've ever accomplished so far?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Fairfax, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

I first met with a campus recruiter at the engineering job fair on campus. I went through my resume and talked about my research experience that I did the summer after my Freshman year. I got an on campus interview where I was asked the normal STAR questions about working with others and past experiences. Then, the interviewer asked about my interests and where I see my career going. I told her what I was interested in and she said I would fit well in the **** department and that she would pass my information along to them to see if they could find a spot for me. A few months later, I was contacted by the recruiter for the department who told me I would be flown to headquarters for a second interview with said department. The second interview consisted of three interviews with three different people, including a very senior level executive.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions specific to what I was interviewing for, even though it was outside of my topic of study at school.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary is so competitive, I would not advise negotiating for intern positions.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2012.

Interview

The hiring process started with attending a college Career Fair and speaking with a representative about my resume. Then, I filled out an application online and received an invitation to an interview. After accepting the interview, I was invited to a company information session.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when halfway through a project, the resources you had were no longer available.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2012.

Interview

There is only 1 interview and it tends to be a panel of about 3 people from different department that are likely to accept you as their intern.

Interview Questions

• What are the challenges you face in your part time jobs and how do you go about overcoming those challenges.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through school, landed an interview. interview was 1 on 1. The interview asks for times that you did certain things, or were in certain positions. Look at common behavioral analysis questions online. Think about specific instances and experiences.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell a time when you did not have the resources to complete a project. what did you do   Answer Question