ExxonMobil Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

30 interviews

2.9

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

I applied for an on-campus interview through the campus career services site during the annual recruitment and interview period. Met recruiter in person during scheduled interview days in student union. Duration was about one half hour, fairly typical one on one interview setup except for the approach the recruiter took.

Interview Questions
  • The recruiter essentially just looked at my resume and picked things to ask me about; but focused on more minor extracurricular activities rather than on the relevant experience that I had. Differed from the typical behavioral interview in that I wasn't able to pick the best examples from all my experiences to answer questions, but was forced to discuss the topics that the recruiter chose.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Intern Interview

I interviewed with Exxon on campus. The recruiters collected resumes at the career fair and then chose a number of candidates for a campus interview. The interview questions were mostly behavioral like tell me about a time when you took the initiative to solve a problem. Another question was tell us about a time that you had a problem with a group member and what did you do.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you run out of resources and what did you do.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

On campus interview. The interviewer was really nice and patient. We talked a lot about the coursework and the research experience I had within the past few years. I have really a lot of diverse and interesting research opportunities. After the interview, I haven't heard from them for the next round.

Interview Questions
    • I would say it is pretty technical. The interviewer knows a lot about what he is dealing with, and I tried to sell my research ideas as much as possible.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Applied online through school. Got an on campus interview.

Interview Questions
    • Just asked about basic heat and mass transfer and thermodynamics.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

The interviewer did not ask very technical questions. They were more like: "when was a time you had a challenge and how did you face it?", "describe a time you had to teach someone something", "describe a time you had to communicate with authority so they would accept your proposal/idea." ,etc.

Interview Questions
    • He really wanted to know what position I wanted (upstream or downstream) and why. Make sure you know the answer to this question beforehand (do some research).   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

It was behavioral interview at college. basic common questions that you would encounter. but didn't get the position tho.

Interview Questions
    • one tech question. about how to troubleshoot a process.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Mostly behavior questions on campus, then technical questions on phone later.

Intern Interview

Behavioral interview with one round of questions

Intern Interview

Very kind people there at Exxon Mobil. Interviewing process from my university was greatly appreciated as an opportunity to get into the field of oil and gas. I first interviewed in a general interview and then I had a second interview in which a facility called me and gave me another interview.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

One interview with 2 managers

Interview Questions

Worked for ExxonMobil? Contribute to the Community!