ExxonMobil

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
29 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – Initial contact was on campus career fair. Got an call to schedule an interview that same day. Interview was about an hour long. Pretty relaxed interview, very conversational to start. STAR interview format, they ask you to name a situation and task and how you reacted in that situation. Fairly straightforward, no real curveballs. Asked about campus activities, biggest achievements, etc. Got a decision in a ~month's time. Although I believe they make their decision soon after the interview.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you had a disagreement with a team member or coworker.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Offer letter sent out.

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – basic behavioral questions, hour long on campus interview. They are looking for people who are willing to travel and willing to learn and challenge themselves. Tell them you enjoy challenge and that you learn from mistakes. they like safety so slide that one in there as well

Interview Question – give a time when you failed   Answer Question

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – On campus interview. Followed by a phone interview. Trip to Houston to interview for interns.

Interview Question – What was your biggest failure and how did you respond ?   Answer Question

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – It was behavioral interview at college. basic common questions that you would encounter. but didn't get the position tho.

Interview Question – one tech question. about how to troubleshoot a process.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – One interview with 2 managers

Interview Question – What are your failures?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – Applied online through school. Got an on campus interview.

Interview Question – Just asked about basic heat and mass transfer and thermodynamics.   Answer Question

Interview Details – Behavioral interview with one round of questions

Interview Question – simple questions. be yourself   Answer Question

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – Very kind people there at Exxon Mobil. Interviewing process from my university was greatly appreciated as an opportunity to get into the field of oil and gas. I first interviewed in a general interview and then I had a second interview in which a facility called me and gave me another interview.

Interview Question – What makes you different from other engineers?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – The interviewer did not ask very technical questions. They were more like: "when was a time you had a challenge and how did you face it?", "describe a time you had to teach someone something", "describe a time you had to communicate with authority so they would accept your proposal/idea." ,etc.

Interview Question – He really wanted to know what position I wanted (upstream or downstream) and why. Make sure you know the answer to this question beforehand (do some research).   Answer Question

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – On campus interview. The interviewer was really nice and patient. We talked a lot about the coursework and the research experience I had within the past few years. I have really a lot of diverse and interesting research opportunities. After the interview, I haven't heard from them for the next round.

Interview Question – I would say it is pretty technical. The interviewer knows a lot about what he is dealing with, and I tried to sell my research ideas as much as possible.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at ExxonMobil

Worked for ExxonMobil? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ExxonMobil Intern interview questions and advice. All 29 interview reviews posted anonymously by ExxonMobil employees and interview candidates.