ExxonMobil Intern Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014
Updated Oct 17, 2014

57 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Easy interview on campus. Mostly behavioral questions and resume review. The people were very pleasant. Make sure that you come with a lot of questions and are comfortable transferring to Texas in the summer.

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Talk to them at my school's career fair, then set up and interview. Interviewer was very relaxed and friendly. Went over my resume briefly, then asked general behavioral questions. Each interviewer had a 4 pages of questions and picked one per page to write about. Focused on leadership and autonomy

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you initiated a project and lead throughout?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview was conducted on my University Campus and afterwards was a phone interview. It was set up through my career center so i just basically had to select a time slot and show up ready to interview. The interviewer was nice, polite, and soft spoken, however seemed knowledgeable and had the management position to make this assumption.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty standard for a behavioral interview. The only thing that made me think for a minute was, "what was your worst class ever". this was unexpected because most interviews would ask the contrary question of "what is your favorite class" which was not asked through the course of this interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2013.

Interview in College. Process took one day.
    One to one interview. Behavioral questions. Tell me how you would deal with a difficult co-worker.
    Did you deal with a team member who refused to do his work ?
    How would deal with a lazy co-worker ?
    Tell me about a project . What difficulties were faced ? How did you resolve the issues ?
    What are your strengths ?
    What is your biggest weakness ?
    What are your plans for the next 5 years ?

Interview Questions
    • Did you deal with a team member who refused to do his work ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

Career Development office asked for resumes from people interested in Exxon who had 3.5 or higher GPA, prior internship experience and leadership experience, and would be willing to relocate. Alumni who were exxon employees selected candidates to interview. Interview lasted about 45-60 minutes and included the typical behavioral questions and questions like "why Exxon?" From there they selected those to refer to any managers with positions to fill. About a week or so later I was contacted via email by my manager and set up a 20 minute phone interview the next day that ended in an offer.

No negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Applied online and received a request for an interview through school job search page. Interviewed on site, was a very straight forward behavioral interview. Interviewer was very nice and informative. He told me about what roles I might be performing on site and a little more about what the internship process would be like.

Interview Questions
    • What was one time you had to convince others that your approach to a problem was the correct approach.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

I applied online before the recruiter came to my school. Late afternoon (dinner time) on the day before the interview, the recruiter gave us a presentation about the company as well as the recruiting process. My interview with ExxonMobil was on the day after the info session. The recruiter was pretty nice. We basically walked through my resume. She asked questions based on the resume or some clarifications of my resume. I felt relaxed during the whole interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Their was no difficult questions once you know your resume well (of course).   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

I applied through campus recruiting. The online application was basically just uploading a resume and transcripts, and then filling in a few boxes with info from those documents. The interview was really laid back. The interviewer pretty much went through my resume and clarified a few things, and asked me some conversation-starter type questions. They did most of the talking.

Interview Questions
    • It looks from your resume as though you've set yourself up for a career in academia [as opposed to industry].   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

The interview was very short and took only 15 minutes. It was quite simple, and there were 2 interviewers. Interviewers would ask you to give specific examples in your answers at the beginning.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2013.

I interviewed through college or university. Submitted resume on my college's career website and then got an email from the recruiter. I then scheduled the interview time. The interview took 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most challenge while working in a group project?   Answer Question