ExxonMobil Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed through school career fair. Had middle career employee interview me who had worked in Alaska and was an ex-pat. Interview lasted much longer than my thirty minute time slot. No curve ball questions or anything too far out there.

Interview Questions

• Lots based on previous experiences. She talked a fair amount about herself and experiences as well.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Went to the Society of Women Engineers Conference where I spoke to one of the recruiters during the career fair. Exxon looks for 3 things: previous internship experience, gpa 3.7 and higher, and a unique leadership experience (club president, created a program). once they see those three on your resume and you make a good first impression your chances on getting and interview are higher. I was offered an interview on the spot. Then the interviewer told me I would be notified a week to two weeks later, which I was. I was called by HR for an on phone interview. After just a couple questions I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with a team and you resolved a problem. What are your best qualities   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in April 2014.

Interview

Campus interview, followed by a phone interview. Very relaxed atmosphere. I enjoyed talking with the recruiter. The questions were fair and insightful. They also gave us plenty of time to answer questions. They also listened and cared about answers rather than looking for buzz words or such. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• STAR Method. Name one time where you had conflict working with peers? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2014.

Interview

Submit online application, wait for arount 2 weeks. Get a call from HR for a face-face interview. The interview took less than a hour. Get an offer after less 1 week.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fawley, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Fawley, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

EMEC event. Weekend of team building exercises in New Forest, Hampshire. Telephone interview - basic competency questions Face-to-face interview, 1 on 1 with a manager. Competency questions, all starting with "give an example of a time..."

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were pressured to do something you didn't want to   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2013.

Interview

it was a short interview about 30mins with three process engineers, alot of behaviour questions and your motivations. be prepared with answering a few technical questions to test your understanding. overall its a good experience, interviewers are friendly.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied through campus website. Got called up for an interview. The interview process was relatively easy with the HR manager and a technical manager. Questions like what do you see yourself doing in 5 years time, why do you want to work for this company and past experience questions (e.g. describe a situation on how you resolve a conflict).

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2014.

Interview

online application - infinity series graduate and managerial numerical reasoning test - telephone interview - face to face interview test was very standard. telephone interview 20mins long questions are: all standard competency questions: why apply to exxon, why the scheme, biggest achievement, tell me a time when you overcame a challenge follow-up question for each question. interviewed by a HR, so do not talk about anything too technical.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied online through website, passed the psychometric tests and then was emailed with notification of telephone interview, whole process took about 3 weeks or so. Results were also very quick, only about 2 days after.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me a time when you analysed numerical data to reach a conclusion.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

submitted resume and got an in person interview on campus for about 30 minutes. a few weeks later i get a phone interview with a specific organization within the company, and i received my offer shortly after.

Interview Questions

• nothing unexpected, the typical get-to-know you interview.   Answer Question