ExxonMobil Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2014.

Interview

Submit online application, wait for arount 2 weeks. Get a call from HR for a face-face interview. The interview took less than a hour. Get an offer after less 1 week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Fawley, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

EMEC event. Weekend of team building exercises in New Forest, Hampshire.
    Telephone interview - basic competency questions
    Face-to-face interview, 1 on 1 with a manager. Competency questions, all starting with "give an example of a time..."

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were pressured to do something you didn't want to   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2013.

Interview

it was a short interview about 30mins with three process engineers, alot of behaviour questions and your motivations. be prepared with answering a few technical questions to test your understanding. overall its a good experience, interviewers are friendly.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied through campus website. Got called up for an interview. The interview process was relatively easy with the HR manager and a technical manager. Questions like what do you see yourself doing in 5 years time, why do you want to work for this company and past experience questions (e.g. describe a situation on how you resolve a conflict).

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2014.

Interview

online application - infinity series graduate and managerial numerical reasoning test - telephone interview - face to face interview
    test was very standard.
    telephone interview 20mins long
    questions are:
    all standard competency questions:
    why apply to exxon,
    why the scheme,
    biggest achievement,
    tell me a time when you overcame a challenge

follow-up question for each question.
    interviewed by a HR, so do not talk about anything too technical.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied online through website, passed the psychometric tests and then was emailed with notification of telephone interview, whole process took about 3 weeks or so. Results were also very quick, only about 2 days after.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me a time when you analysed numerical data to reach a conclusion.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

submitted resume and got an in person interview on campus for about 30 minutes. a few weeks later i get a phone interview with a specific organization within the company, and i received my offer shortly after.

Interview Questions

• nothing unexpected, the typical get-to-know you interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Interviewed with several different people during one day. Each interview was approx 45 minutes. They took all the candidates who were also interviewing to lunch. Nothing was too difficult. I was just myself and answered each question honestly. Some scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• How did I go against something someone who was my superior told me to do.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

The first part of the interview process was with the on campus recruiter. The questions were just standard behavioral questions and some time was spent on the recruiter talking about the different companies/departments that ExxonMobil had and then asked which one you would prefer.

The second part of the interview process came a few weeks later. This was with a hiring manager from a specific company/department looking to actually hire me (the intern). The questions made me go into great detail about my resume and had a lot of questions regarding personal career choices and goals.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was "What is your career goal and how would working at ExxonMobil help you achieve that goal?"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I requested an interview through my school's career fair and interviewed maybe a week later. It was very straightforward, much like a conversation. My interviewer went through my resume and asked me about various things, asking typical behavioral questions along the way (biggest challenges I faced while doing X, conflict resolution examples, etc.). It was very relaxed and pleasant.

I received an email about a week later saying that I had made it through the first round of interviews. Then I got a call from a site about a week later in which I was mostly asked what kind of work I'm interested in doing as an intern and why I'm interested in working at ExxonMobil. I received an internship offer at this site about a week after that.

Interview Questions

• What leadership skills have you learned/acquired through extracurricular activities that would be relevant to working at ExxonMobil?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate since the offer was well above what I indicated during the application process.