ExxonMobil

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

67 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Behavioral interview with one round of questions

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2013.

I applied for an internship on the company's website and via NSBE through a scholarship opportunity. I was contacted by the Baton Rouge location within about 3 weeks after submitting an application. The process of setting up a phone interview took about a week. During the interview I was asked questions such as past leadership roles, most liked/disliked subject and why, and future goals and interests. I didn't hear back from Exxon for almost an entire two months. Then out of the blue, I was contacted by the Exxon Beaumont location so set up another interview. I was asked similar questions during this phone interview. Another 2 weeks passed by then I was asked if I would like to accept an offer to intern during the summer. This entire process (day of application submission to receiving an offer) lasted from October to December.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Met them at a career fair and invited to interview the next day.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions and why I was interested in ExxonMobil and Houston   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Applied online through school. Got an on campus interview.

Interview Questions
    • Just asked about basic heat and mass transfer and thermodynamics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2013.

Applied through school, landed an interview. interview was 1 on 1. The interview asks for times that you did certain things, or were in certain positions. Look at common behavioral analysis questions online. Think about specific instances and experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell a time when you did not have the resources to complete a project. what did you do   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2013.

applied through school's career website and online, process took 2 weeks, and another 2 weeks to hear back from them

Interview Questions
    • what is the most difficult thing you've ever accomplished so far?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2013.

I interviewed through college or university. Submitted resume on my college's career website and then got an email from the recruiter. I then scheduled the interview time. The interview took 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most challenge while working in a group project?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2013.

Interview in College. Process took one day.
    One to one interview. Behavioral questions. Tell me how you would deal with a difficult co-worker.
    Did you deal with a team member who refused to do his work ?
    How would deal with a lazy co-worker ?
    Tell me about a project . What difficulties were faced ? How did you resolve the issues ?
    What are your strengths ?
    What is your biggest weakness ?
    What are your plans for the next 5 years ?

Interview Questions
    • Did you deal with a team member who refused to do his work ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Really strait forward. Standard questions

Interview Questions

I needed to take a class during the summer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

The process was relatively simple. I applied online through my university's career services website and ExxonMobil's website. Took about 3 weeks to hear back to be invited to an interview. The actual interview was more formal than other interviews and consisted of mainly behavioral questions. It took about 1 week to receive a follow-up letter from them letting me know that I would not proceed to the second interview round.