ExxonMobil International

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in February 2013.

Interview Details – I first met with a campus recruiter at the engineering job fair on campus. I went through my resume and talked about my research experience that I did the summer after my Freshman year. I got an on campus interview where I was asked the normal STAR questions about working with others and past experiences. Then, the interviewer asked about my interests and where I see my career going. I told her what I was interested in and she said I would fit well in the **** department and that she would pass my information along to them to see if they could find a spot for me. A few months later, I was contacted by the recruiter for the department who told me I would be flown to headquarters for a second interview with said department. The second interview consisted of three interviews with three different people, including a very senior level executive.

Interview Question – I was asked questions specific to what I was interviewing for, even though it was outside of my topic of study at school.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary is so competitive, I would not advise negotiating for intern positions.

Interviewed at ExxonMobil International

Interview Details – quick and easy, no hard questions mostly interpersonal

Interview Question – no hardballs   Answer Question

Baton Rouge, LA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in November 2010.

Interview Details – Not to bad of a interview there were a lot of behavior questions.

Interview Question – In what situation have you ever had to be a leader.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None since only internship

Houston, TX

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in September 2009.

Interview Details – First met with the recruiters at a university career fair. Very friendly recruiters most of which were alums of the university that I attend. The interview consisted of many behavioral questions along with past work experience scenarios, team scenarios, leadership scenarios, etc.

Interview Question – Faced with a difficult situation   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at ExxonMobil International.

Interview Details – online application with CV. Then, face to face interview in their office. Competency based questions, such as my achievement, give example, elaborate it and specifically tell them how I deal with certain situation.They asked according to my resume so be familiar with what you have written.

Interview Question – something like IQ question I guess, "how to do you fill a shopping mall with tennis balls? stated your assumptions"   Answer Question

Interviewed at ExxonMobil International

Interview Details – The interview was not hard. They pretty much decided on you. If you get the interview, it is highly likely you will get it. It is afterall just an internship position.

Interview Question – Why did you choose Exxonmobil   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in January 2011.

Interview Details – 1. phone interview
2. onsite interview which is basic a short conversation with supervisor

Interview Question – Introduce yourself   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in October 2012.

Interview Details – Required documents are pretty standard; from transcripts, certificates and result slips. The HR personnel are very professional and swift when it comes to replying email. Interview was done in a pretty relaxed environment and the interviewers were engaging and friendly. At no time I felt uncomfortable with the questions asked.

Interview Question – Why did you choose our company?   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in October 2011.

Interview Details – Application process is long.
If shortlisted, there would be a face-to-face interview. As I was having an overseas exchange programme at that time, I had a phone interview instead. The HR was very helpful and prompt in replying queries.

Interview Question – How is the culture in my exchange programme country different from Singapore   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard pay which was higher than average.

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at ExxonMobil International.

Interview Details – Online application. Then phone interview to check motivation, basic skills and develop a few points from the resume. Next step, possibly, is a formal interview with at least one manager. Depending on position, questions are mainly aimed at either hard or soft skills.

Worked for ExxonMobil International? Contribute to the Community!