ExxonMobil International Intern Interview Questions

3.4

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfax, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in February 2013.

I first met with a campus recruiter at the engineering job fair on campus. I went through my resume and talked about my research experience that I did the summer after my Freshman year. I got an on campus interview where I was asked the normal STAR questions about working with others and past experiences. Then, the interviewer asked about my interests and where I see my career going. I told her what I was interested in and she said I would fit well in the **** department and that she would pass my information along to them to see if they could find a spot for me. A few months later, I was contacted by the recruiter for the department who told me I would be flown to headquarters for a second interview with said department. The second interview consisted of three interviews with three different people, including a very senior level executive.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked questions specific to what I was interviewing for, even though it was outside of my topic of study at school.   Answer Question
The salary is so competitive, I would not advise negotiating for intern positions.

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil International

Intern Interview

quick and easy, no hard questions mostly interpersonal

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in November 2010.

Not to bad of a interview there were a lot of behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • In what situation have you ever had to be a leader.   View Answer
    None since only internship

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in September 2009.

First met with the recruiters at a university career fair. Very friendly recruiters most of which were alums of the university that I attend. The interview consisted of many behavioral questions along with past work experience scenarios, team scenarios, leadership scenarios, etc.

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at ExxonMobil International.

online application with CV. Then, face to face interview in their office. Competency based questions, such as my achievement, give example, elaborate it and specifically tell them how I deal with certain situation.They asked according to my resume so be familiar with what you have written.

Interview Questions
    • something like IQ question I guess, "how to do you fill a shopping mall with tennis balls? stated your assumptions"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The interview was not hard. They pretty much decided on you. If you get the interview, it is highly likely you will get it. It is afterall just an internship position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in January 2011.

1. phone interview
    2. onsite interview which is basic a short conversation with supervisor

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in October 2012.

Required documents are pretty standard; from transcripts, certificates and result slips. The HR personnel are very professional and swift when it comes to replying email. Interview was done in a pretty relaxed environment and the interviewers were engaging and friendly. At no time I felt uncomfortable with the questions asked.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in October 2011.

Application process is long.
    If shortlisted, there would be a face-to-face interview. As I was having an overseas exchange programme at that time, I had a phone interview instead. The HR was very helpful and prompt in replying queries.

Interview Questions
    • How is the culture in my exchange programme country different from Singapore   Answer Question
    Standard pay which was higher than average.

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at ExxonMobil International.

Online application. Then phone interview to check motivation, basic skills and develop a few points from the resume. Next step, possibly, is a formal interview with at least one manager. Depending on position, questions are mainly aimed at either hard or soft skills.

Worked for ExxonMobil International? Contribute to the Community!