ExxonMobil International

Getting the Interview

55 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in February 2013.

Interview Details – I first met with a campus recruiter at the engineering job fair on campus. I went through my resume and talked about my research experience that I did the summer after my Freshman year. I got an on campus interview where I was asked the normal STAR questions about working with others and past experiences. Then, the interviewer asked about my interests and where I see my career going. I told her what I was interested in and she said I would fit well in the **** department and that she would pass my information along to them to see if they could find a spot for me. A few months later, I was contacted by the recruiter for the department who told me I would be flown to headquarters for a second interview with said department. The second interview consisted of three interviews with three different people, including a very senior level executive.

Interview Question – I was asked questions specific to what I was interviewing for, even though it was outside of my topic of study at school.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary is so competitive, I would not advise negotiating for intern positions.

Interviewed at ExxonMobil International

Interview Details – quick and easy, no hard questions mostly interpersonal

Interview Question – no hardballs   Answer Question

Safety, Security, Health and Environment Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in October 2012.

Interview Details – First contacted by Production company then sent over to Development. Booked flights on Friday for interviews on Tuesday, so very last minute. Host was great, food was great, and great trip. 7 interviews on site (met another interviewee and they only had 4 interviews, so the # varies). All touched on the same topics so be prepared to repeat yourself, ESPECIALLY leadership experience.

Interview Question – Leadership based question, not sure of the exact wording.   Answer Question

Underwater Welding Interview

Tallahassee, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in August 2008.

Interview Details – It was mainly focused on my realization of dangerous the work could be and if i could handle the unusual hours. The were interested in my education and why I choose to get involved in such a dangerous industry. I explained I had always been a risk taker and that the ocean facinated me.

Interview Question – Name some experience in your life where you have showed great courage.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – a lot of money and two weeks on and two weeks at home

IT Interview

Houston, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in November 2011.

Interview Details – At the onsite visit there were three forty minute interviews with managers. These interviews consisted of multiple questions regarding behavior, leadership, and analytical skills, but they do not ask technical questions. The interviews are not bad at all. The managers are very personable and you have plenty of time in between them so you never feel rushed. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience.

Interview Question – How did you handle a situation where someone disagreed with you and you had to convince them that you are right?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in March 2010.

Interview Details – lots of behavioral questions and a general discussion about the group.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you displayed leadership.   Answer Question

Baton Rouge, LA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in November 2010.

Interview Details – Not to bad of a interview there were a lot of behavior questions.

Interview Question – In what situation have you ever had to be a leader.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None since only internship

Software Engineer Interview

Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in October 2010.

Interview Details – I gave my resume at my college's career fair. I went to their information session then to an interview. The interviewer did not actually have any position in mind and was not a technical interviewer. She just asked questions about my resume. Got an email a week later that they have sent my resume to the hiring managers. 2 weeks after that I followed up with the interview coordinator, and he said the process takes a long time because they have so many candidates. Does not look like there will be any action before I must make a decision on my offers.

Interview Question – When did you make a good decision and can you walk me through that decision process?   Answer Question

Business Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in March 2008.

Interview Details – two rounds of interviews. 1st is 1:1 and 2nd round is a 3 hours long with 3 different people

Internship In Procurement Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in October 2010.

Interview Details – Talking with the procurement recruiter after my CV was passed around the company. had a phone interview. asked me to talk about my biggest struggles, how i overcame them, best professors in college, etc. first question off the bat was for me to tell them about myself. not a lot of feedback when it came to the interviewer listening, seemed very scripted and removed from the conversation. fairly impersonal.

be sure to know the "Standard" interviewing questions and have very good answers ready for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your experiences?   Answer Question
  • describe as struggle you overcame, and how you overcame it, and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at ExxonMobil International

Worked for ExxonMobil International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ExxonMobil International interview questions and advice. All 55 interview reviews posted anonymously by ExxonMobil International employees and interview candidates.