ExxonMobil International Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 26, 2014
Updated Jun 26, 2014
57 interviews

Procurement Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil International.

My professor emailed me saying they needed an intern. I submitted my resume to him and then I went through two face-to-face interviews and a phone interview for the internship. I was hired full-time after my internship.

Interview Questions
    I accepted the offer without negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in February 2013.

I first met with a campus recruiter at the engineering job fair on campus. I went through my resume and talked about my research experience that I did the summer after my Freshman year. I got an on campus interview where I was asked the normal STAR questions about working with others and past experiences. Then, the interviewer asked about my interests and where I see my career going. I told her what I was interested in and she said I would fit well in the **** department and that she would pass my information along to them to see if they could find a spot for me. A few months later, I was contacted by the recruiter for the department who told me I would be flown to headquarters for a second interview with said department. The second interview consisted of three interviews with three different people, including a very senior level executive.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked questions specific to what I was interviewing for, even though it was outside of my topic of study at school.   Answer Question
    The salary is so competitive, I would not advise negotiating for intern positions.

Intern Interview

quick and easy, no hard questions mostly interpersonal

Safety, Security, Health and Environment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in October 2012.

First contacted by Production company then sent over to Development. Booked flights on Friday for interviews on Tuesday, so very last minute. Host was great, food was great, and great trip. 7 interviews on site (met another interviewee and they only had 4 interviews, so the # varies). All touched on the same topics so be prepared to repeat yourself, ESPECIALLY leadership experience.

Interview Questions
    • Leadership based question, not sure of the exact wording.   Answer Question

Underwater Welding Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in August 2008.

It was mainly focused on my realization of dangerous the work could be and if i could handle the unusual hours. The were interested in my education and why I choose to get involved in such a dangerous industry. I explained I had always been a risk taker and that the ocean facinated me.

Interview Questions
    • Name some experience in your life where you have showed great courage.   View Answer
    a lot of money and two weeks on and two weeks at home

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in November 2011.

At the onsite visit there were three forty minute interviews with managers. These interviews consisted of multiple questions regarding behavior, leadership, and analytical skills, but they do not ask technical questions. The interviews are not bad at all. The managers are very personable and you have plenty of time in between them so you never feel rushed. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a situation where someone disagreed with you and you had to convince them that you are right?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in March 2010.

lots of behavioral questions and a general discussion about the group.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in November 2010.

Not to bad of a interview there were a lot of behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • In what situation have you ever had to be a leader.   View Answer
    None since only internship

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in October 2010.

I gave my resume at my college's career fair. I went to their information session then to an interview. The interviewer did not actually have any position in mind and was not a technical interviewer. She just asked questions about my resume. Got an email a week later that they have sent my resume to the hiring managers. 2 weeks after that I followed up with the interview coordinator, and he said the process takes a long time because they have so many candidates. Does not look like there will be any action before I must make a decision on my offers.

Interview Questions
    • When did you make a good decision and can you walk me through that decision process?   Answer Question

Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in March 2008.

two rounds of interviews. 1st is 1:1 and 2nd round is a 3 hours long with 3 different people

Worked for ExxonMobil International? Contribute to the Community!