ExxonMobil International Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2014
Updated Jun 26, 2014

GRADUATE POSITION Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil International.

Online application and psychometric testing.
    20 min phone interview.
    One hour face-to-face interview.
    Assessment Centre

Placement - Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leatherhead, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leatherhead, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in March 2011.

Interview Questions
    • describe a time where you used quantitative and qualitative methods to solve a problem   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in November 2011.

At the onsite visit there were three forty minute interviews with managers. These interviews consisted of multiple questions regarding behavior, leadership, and analytical skills, but they do not ask technical questions. The interviews are not bad at all. The managers are very personable and you have plenty of time in between them so you never feel rushed. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a situation where someone disagreed with you and you had to convince them that you are right?   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in January 2012.

Asked me to introduce myself as the first question.
    Some questions about incidents related to the industry eg. BP oil spill
    Logical assessment question: why do you think a manhole is round?

Internship In Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in October 2010.

Talking with the procurement recruiter after my CV was passed around the company. had a phone interview. asked me to talk about my biggest struggles, how i overcame them, best professors in college, etc. first question off the bat was for me to tell them about myself. not a lot of feedback when it came to the interviewer listening, seemed very scripted and removed from the conversation. fairly impersonal.

be sure to know the "Standard" interviewing questions and have very good answers ready for them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself and your experiences?   Answer Question
    • describe as struggle you overcame, and how you overcame it, and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in October 2009.

Applied online, had first interview on campus, one on one. Normal behavior questions: "tell me about a time when..." Interviewer was looking for a "Go-getter" who would be a good leader.
    Two weeks after first interview, flew to Fairfax, interviewed on site. Dinner the night before with other recruits and senior execs, mingling, chit chat environment. Next day consisted of a presentation to the recruits about ExxonMobil, then three one on one interviews with three senior execs. Focus was on demonstrated analysis experience and leadership roles.
    Got offer within 24 hours of second interview. Had three weeks to accept.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of how you've used analysis to solve a problem   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in the energy industry?   Answer Question
    • Do you think it is best for oil to be priced high or low?   Answer Question
    ExxonMobil does not negotiate salary, they feel that the offer they give is fair and may be offended if you try to negotiate. Possible other areas of negotiation are vacation days/relocation, but I didn't try to negotiate this.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in September 2009.

First met with the recruiters at a university career fair. Very friendly recruiters most of which were alums of the university that I attend. The interview consisted of many behavioral questions along with past work experience scenarios, team scenarios, leadership scenarios, etc.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Budapest (Hungary)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in November 2012.

telephone interview with the HR, face to face interview with a manager

Interview Questions
    • to rate myself on different areas mentioning examples from real life   View Answer
    there was no choice for an intern :)

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at ExxonMobil International.

online application with CV. Then, face to face interview in their office. Competency based questions, such as my achievement, give example, elaborate it and specifically tell them how I deal with certain situation.They asked according to my resume so be familiar with what you have written.

Interview Questions
    • something like IQ question I guess, "how to do you fill a shopping mall with tennis balls? stated your assumptions"   Answer Question

Controller Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil International.

There was one small interview at the agency and they started the application process for me. Then they invited me for the final interview at the company. It was around 2 hours long, with two different teams. It was completely in English, mostly behavioral-based questions and some easy accounting questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation where you had to work with people who were really hard on you and how did you solve this?   Answer Question

Worked for ExxonMobil International? Contribute to the Community!