ExxonMobil International

Updated Jun 26, 2014

Average Difficulty
57 candidate interviews

Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in February 2013.

Interview Details – I first met with a campus recruiter at the engineering job fair on campus. I went through my resume and talked about my research experience that I did the summer after my Freshman year. I got an on campus interview where I was asked the normal STAR questions about working with others and past experiences. Then, the interviewer asked about my interests and where I see my career going. I told her what I was interested in and she said I would fit well in the **** department and that she would pass my information along to them to see if they could find a spot for me. A few months later, I was contacted by the recruiter for the department who told me I would be flown to headquarters for a second interview with said department. The second interview consisted of three interviews with three different people, including a very senior level executive.

Interview Question – I was asked questions specific to what I was interviewing for, even though it was outside of my topic of study at school.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary is so competitive, I would not advise negotiating for intern positions.

Houston, TX

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in September 2009.

Interview Details – First met with the recruiters at a university career fair. Very friendly recruiters most of which were alums of the university that I attend. The interview consisted of many behavioral questions along with past work experience scenarios, team scenarios, leadership scenarios, etc.

Interview Question – Faced with a difficult situation   Answer Question

Baton Rouge, LA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in November 2010.

Interview Details – Not to bad of a interview there were a lot of behavior questions.

Interview Question – In what situation have you ever had to be a leader.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None since only internship

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at ExxonMobil International.

Interview Details – online application with CV. Then, face to face interview in their office. Competency based questions, such as my achievement, give example, elaborate it and specifically tell them how I deal with certain situation.They asked according to my resume so be familiar with what you have written.

Interview Question – something like IQ question I guess, "how to do you fill a shopping mall with tennis balls? stated your assumptions"   Answer Question

IT Interview

IT
Houston, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in November 2011.

Interview Details – At the onsite visit there were three forty minute interviews with managers. These interviews consisted of multiple questions regarding behavior, leadership, and analytical skills, but they do not ask technical questions. The interviews are not bad at all. The managers are very personable and you have plenty of time in between them so you never feel rushed. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience.

Interview Question – How did you handle a situation where someone disagreed with you and you had to convince them that you are right?   Answer Question

Business Developer Interview

Business Developer
Leatherhead, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in April 2009.

Interview Details – Typical online application process for large corporations with questions and psychometric tests. One telephone interview then followed by a face-to-face and later an assessment center with 3 more interviews and an in-tray exercise.

Interview Question – Business ethics, alcohol&drugs in the in-tray exercise.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate since I joined as a graduate.

GRADUATE POSITION Interview

GRADUATE POSITION
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil International.

Interview Details – Online application and psychometric testing.
20 min phone interview.
One hour face-to-face interview.
Assessment Centre

Interview Question – Why did you choose your degree course?   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern
Budapest (Hungary)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in November 2012.

Interview Details – telephone interview with the HR, face to face interview with a manager

Interview Question – to rate myself on different areas mentioning examples from real life   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no choice for an intern :)

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in October 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online, had first interview on campus, one on one. Normal behavior questions: "tell me about a time when..." Interviewer was looking for a "Go-getter" who would be a good leader.
Two weeks after first interview, flew to Fairfax, interviewed on site. Dinner the night before with other recruits and senior execs, mingling, chit chat environment. Next day consisted of a presentation to the recruits about ExxonMobil, then three one on one interviews with three senior execs. Focus was on demonstrated analysis experience and leadership roles.
Got offer within 24 hours of second interview. Had three weeks to accept.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – ExxonMobil does not negotiate salary, they feel that the offer they give is fair and may be offended if you try to negotiate. Possible other areas of negotiation are vacation days/relocation, but I didn't try to negotiate this.

Graduate Programmer Interview

Graduate Programmer
Singapore (Singapore)

The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in January 2012.

Interview Details – Asked me to introduce myself as the first question.
Some questions about incidents related to the industry eg. BP oil spill
Logical assessment question: why do you think a manhole is round?

Interview Question – Why is a manhole round?   View Answer

Worked for ExxonMobil International? Contribute to the Community!