ExxonMobil International Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2014
Updated Jun 26, 2014

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at ExxonMobil International.

First round interview with 2 ExxonMobil employees who had been with the company for 5 years. Asked for several examples for the one question

Interview Questions
    • give an example of conflict when you were a team leader?   Answer Question

Procurement Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil International.

My professor emailed me saying they needed an intern. I submitted my resume to him and then I went through two face-to-face interviews and a phone interview for the internship. I was hired full-time after my internship.

Interview Questions
    I accepted the offer without negotiations.

Intern Interview

quick and easy, no hard questions mostly interpersonal

Intern Interview

The interview was not hard. They pretty much decided on you. If you get the interview, it is highly likely you will get it. It is afterall just an internship position.

Intern Interview

Online application and phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are expected except there're few regarding grades and competencies.   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in January 2008.

The interview prcoess was very straightforward at ExxonMobil. The main goal is for the management and the candidate to meet and learn about each other. An imporant aspect to the success of recruiting process is to evaluate how the candidate's personality will fit into the big family.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in May 2009.

I had one phone interview and 3 one on one interviews. They were all very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    Yes I negotiated. There is not much room for negotiation, but there is some. Reject first offer by saying you had in mind something around 10k higher. They will likely come back to you with something better.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangkok (Thailand)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangkok (Thailand)

The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in December 2009.

I interviewed on campus in the U.S. at first, as they came to recruit mostly chemical engineering major. As a chemical engineering and economics double major, I told them that I am interested in both an engineering and a business analyst position. It was a basic, 45 minutes behavioral interview. They told me that they will keep my record on file. Around a month later, HR from Thailand, my home country, emailed me stating their interest to pursue my candidacy. I flew back home to Thailand during school break, and interviewed with them. The interview was one hour, 3 people on the panel, and they asked me basic behavioral questions, mostly stuff from my resume but also things like team working and leadership skills.

Interview Questions
    • Can you please tell me a time when you had faced a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate, as they told me that the compensation is already competitively matched with other firms in the city.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cairo (Egypt)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in May 2008.

It was HR interview,
    Asking questions like your personal advantages & disadvantages, your achievments till now......etc
    What is the salary you are expecting, what is your plans in the next 5 years.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in October 2010.

I gave my resume at my college's career fair. I went to their information session then to an interview. The interviewer did not actually have any position in mind and was not a technical interviewer. She just asked questions about my resume. Got an email a week later that they have sent my resume to the hiring managers. 2 weeks after that I followed up with the interview coordinator, and he said the process takes a long time because they have so many candidates. Does not look like there will be any action before I must make a decision on my offers.

Interview Questions
    • When did you make a good decision and can you walk me through that decision process?   Answer Question

Worked for ExxonMobil International? Contribute to the Community!