ExxonMobil International

Updated Jun 26, 2014

Average Difficulty
57 candidate interviews

Interview Details – Online application and phone interview

Interview Question – Most of the questions are expected except there're few regarding grades and competencies.   Answer Question

Interviewed at ExxonMobil International

Interview Details – The interview was not hard. They pretty much decided on you. If you get the interview, it is highly likely you will get it. It is afterall just an internship position.

Interview Question – Why did you choose Exxonmobil   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Graduate Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at ExxonMobil International.

Interview Details – First round interview with 2 ExxonMobil employees who had been with the company for 5 years. Asked for several examples for the one question

Interview Question – give an example of conflict when you were a team leader?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at ExxonMobil International

Interview Details – quick and easy, no hard questions mostly interpersonal

Interview Question – no hardballs   Answer Question

Procurement Associate Interview

Procurement Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil International.

Interview Details – My professor emailed me saying they needed an intern. I submitted my resume to him and then I went through two face-to-face interviews and a phone interview for the internship. I was hired full-time after my internship.

Interview Question – Nothing technical - all behavioral   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer without negotiations.

Very Easy Interview

Project Management Interview

Project Management
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in January 2008.

Interview Details – The interview prcoess was very straightforward at ExxonMobil. The main goal is for the management and the candidate to meet and learn about each other. An imporant aspect to the success of recruiting process is to evaluate how the candidate's personality will fit into the big family.

Interview Question – Tell me about youself   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Advisor Interview

Advisor
Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in May 2009.

Interview Details – I had one phone interview and 3 one on one interviews. They were all very pleasant.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in the oil and gas industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes I negotiated. There is not much room for negotiation, but there is some. Reject first offer by saying you had in mind something around 10k higher. They will likely come back to you with something better.

Controller Interview

Controller
Melbourne (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very rigid interview process. There was a list of "suggested" questions which we worked our way through. Two people interviewed in the first interview. Was very routine and not much chance to see the personalities of the interviewers and whether you would be able to work with them. When asked questions they tried to answer as best they could, but came across as quite vague. Job description was not the best. Felt like you were signing up for a brand. After 1st interview, then drug tests and medicals. Once the results came back, then 2nd interview. 2nd interview conducted by 2 people. More of a meet and greet, but also ran through the importance of procedures and controls (dont kid yourself - this is major!). Asked for any conflicts of interest.

Interview Question – Exposure to procedures and controls   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not feel like there was any room to negotiate so did not try to do so.

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Cairo (Egypt)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in May 2008.

Interview Details – It was HR interview,
Asking questions like your personal advantages & disadvantages, your achievments till now......etc
What is the salary you are expecting, what is your plans in the next 5 years.

Interview Questions

Industrial Sales Engineer Interview

Industrial Sales Engineer
Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in October 2008.

Interview Details – Flew out to Fairfax and they put me in a nice hotel right next to the headquarters. The host met me and took me out to dinner to a very nice restaurant. The next day, I ate breakfast with the host and traveled to headquarters. I had 3 one-on-one interviews with varies upper-level managers. Mostly it went background, the job itself, and career. Past, present, and future. Prepare for the standard behavioral questions in at least one of them, probably two. Know your resume!

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to sacrifice on your morals.   Answer Question

Worked for ExxonMobil International? Contribute to the Community!