ExxonMobil International

55 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Intern Interview

Budapest (Hungary)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in November 2012.

Interview Details – telephone interview with the HR, face to face interview with a manager

Interview Question – to rate myself on different areas mentioning examples from real life   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no choice for an intern :)

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at ExxonMobil International.

Interview Details – online application with CV. Then, face to face interview in their office. Competency based questions, such as my achievement, give example, elaborate it and specifically tell them how I deal with certain situation.They asked according to my resume so be familiar with what you have written.

Interview Question – something like IQ question I guess, "how to do you fill a shopping mall with tennis balls? stated your assumptions"   Answer Question

Interviewed at ExxonMobil International

Interview Details – The interview was not hard. They pretty much decided on you. If you get the interview, it is highly likely you will get it. It is afterall just an internship position.

Interview Question – Why did you choose Exxonmobil   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in January 2011.

Interview Details – 1. phone interview
2. onsite interview which is basic a short conversation with supervisor

Interview Question – Introduce yourself   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied online and interviewed at ExxonMobil International.

Interview Details – First round interview with 2 ExxonMobil employees who had been with the company for 5 years. Asked for several examples for the one question

Interview Question – give an example of conflict when you were a team leader?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil International.

Interview Details – There were 3 interviews and the process took around 2 months. The first 2 were with a third party company that provided the psychological & health test, also the english proficiency tests. After initial assessment from them the passing candidates are contacted by ExxonMobil Human Resources for an interview.

For the final interview I went to the EM offices for which 2 employees (usually supervisors) assess you during a 45 minute interview with 5 core questions: 5 minutes of icebreaker, 30 to ask 5 questions and make notes on your answers and actions and 10 final minutes for wrap up and questions the candidate may have. If you ask any question they will make a note about it.

Candidates are assessed based on: 1) Job Fit 2) Analytical capability 3) Initiating action 4) interpersonal effectiveness 5) drive and perseverance 6) computer skills 7) communication skills (these are based on how you express yourself throughout the interview)

Job Fit: the questions depends on weather you have experience or not (the question will be based on work or on school) they will ask to know about current work experience in accounting and to describe what satisfies your (or not) about it. They will also ask about following process and procedures (EM is all about process & procedures, very burocratic company). Use the words like, enjoy & satisfying. Avoid using the word hate.

Analytical Capability: they will ask to describe a situation when you had to analyze complex financial information to solve a problem (like variances a cost center). Also they may ask about a new procedure or idea implemented by you. Explain the alternatives in both cases and how you decided which was the right action. It's a good idea to mention how you involved or reached to others so as to show you are a team player.

Initiating Action: they will ask to describe a situation when you identified a problem or opportunity and describe how you took action for it and the outcome. They will ask whom you involved and why you decided to act on it.

Interpersonal effectiveness: here they will check how you work with others and how you react to difficult people. They will ask how you would influence or motivate a co worker that is not cooperative, what was the issue and what did you do to obtain a positive outcome. Why was the person difficult? how did you choose the best approach? They will use this to see you ability to build relationships.

Drive and perseverance; they will ask to describe a time when you had to prioritize different tasks in order to meet a deadline. What was the situation, how you acted and the outcome. What criteria did you use to set the priority criteria, how did you feel with the pressure to meet your goals with little time, strategies used to meat your goals and what did you do if you could not meet them. Show positive attitude and ability to prioritize. Also how you involved other people that was affected by it.

Computer skills: describe a challenge you had with a business problem using excel. What features did you use? mention pivot tables, v look up, concatenate, sum, graphs, text to columns, filters, sort, subtotals. Mention if you imported / exported information. If you developed a macro in excel. Mention using other applications like access or powerpoint. If you have experience with SAP this is a good moment to mention that.

Communication skills: there is no question here, but the interviewers are listening to how you communicate yourself, how you enunciate, how you articulate, if your answers are clear and concise, if you are confident or get stuck .Try to be warm when you talk, do not be to loud or strong. You can use humor and definately give examples.
If you get stuck with a word (maybe techincal word) you can explain the meaning so the interviewers can tell it to you (they like that) Be carefull with your grammar, do not be arrogant or unprofessional.

After you are contacted and offered a job there´s a drug and alcohol test.

Interview Question – Not difficult or unexpected, but they did ask what do I know about the company, Research a little about EM, do not go without any knowledge on the company other than they sell gas.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They did not provided room to negotiation. Take it or leave it offer. There´s a drug and alcohol test after an offer is made and accepted.

Controller Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil International.

Interview Details – There was one small interview at the agency and they started the application process for me. Then they invited me for the final interview at the company. It was around 2 hours long, with two different teams. It was completely in English, mostly behavioral-based questions and some easy accounting questions.

Interview Question – Tell me a situation where you had to work with people who were really hard on you and how did you solve this?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Rotterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in January 2011.

Interview Details – Apply online and then you have to make an online test. And then two face to face interviews.

Interview Question – Nothing too unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiaion

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in October 2012.

Interview Details – Required documents are pretty standard; from transcripts, certificates and result slips. The HR personnel are very professional and swift when it comes to replying email. Interview was done in a pretty relaxed environment and the interviewers were engaging and friendly. At no time I felt uncomfortable with the questions asked.

Interview Question – Why did you choose our company?   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in October 2011.

Interview Details – Application process is long.
If shortlisted, there would be a face-to-face interview. As I was having an overseas exchange programme at that time, I had a phone interview instead. The HR was very helpful and prompt in replying queries.

Interview Question – How is the culture in my exchange programme country different from Singapore   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard pay which was higher than average.

Interviews for Top Jobs at ExxonMobil International