ExxonMobil International Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2014
Updated Jun 26, 2014

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in October 2012.

Required documents are pretty standard; from transcripts, certificates and result slips. The HR personnel are very professional and swift when it comes to replying email. Interview was done in a pretty relaxed environment and the interviewers were engaging and friendly. At no time I felt uncomfortable with the questions asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in October 2011.

Application process is long.
    If shortlisted, there would be a face-to-face interview. As I was having an overseas exchange programme at that time, I had a phone interview instead. The HR was very helpful and prompt in replying queries.

Interview Questions
    • How is the culture in my exchange programme country different from Singapore   Answer Question
    Standard pay which was higher than average.

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at ExxonMobil International.

Online application. Then phone interview to check motivation, basic skills and develop a few points from the resume. Next step, possibly, is a formal interview with at least one manager. Depending on position, questions are mainly aimed at either hard or soft skills.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in October 2012.

There are 2 rounds of interviews. I attended only the first one. It was done with 2 engineers and video recorded, and the recording would be sent to HR for assessment. Questions included your 5-year plan, your understanding about the position, why would you want to join Exxonmobil, some personal expierence. etc.

One of my friends has passed the first round interview. His 2nd interview was done with 6 interviewers from different departments.

PS: Be prepared for waiting. My appointment was 1:45pm but I waited for an hour until someone came out and called my name.

Interview Questions
    • Last year I have missed Exxonmobil Intership recruiment due to an overseas exchange program, and the interviewer asked me whether it is worthwhile to give up the intern opportunity for an exchange experience.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil International.

Through 6 months internship

Interview Questions
    • No questions - supervisors observation of overall capability & personality   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Online application and phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are expected except there're few regarding grades and competencies.   Answer Question

Business Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leatherhead, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leatherhead, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in April 2009.

Typical online application process for large corporations with questions and psychometric tests. One telephone interview then followed by a face-to-face and later an assessment center with 3 more interviews and an in-tray exercise.

Interview Questions
    • Business ethics, alcohol&drugs in the in-tray exercise.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate since I joined as a graduate.

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in January 2012.

Asked me to introduce myself as the first question.
    Some questions about incidents related to the industry eg. BP oil spill
    Logical assessment question: why do you think a manhole is round?

Controller Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in January 2012.

For the first round, candidates were invited to a group dinner with the interviewer before the interview. The interview was more like behavior interview, just talked about education, previous work experience and examples of teamwork, leadership, etc. The second round was the last round, but including three 1-on-1 interviews given by managers at the headquarter office. The process was just as the same as the first round.

Chemical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in October 2011.

I had an on-campus interview with ExxonMobil for a potential Ph.D. engineering position. The interview was one-on-one and lasted about an hour. The interviewer was very friendly and upfront about how the interview would be conducted. I felt like my interview went relatively well but was not offered a follow-up interview. Most of the questions were fairly standard behavioral interview questions, and there were no off-the-wall or oddball questions.