ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

I had several telephone interviews and once I passed those interviews I was called into their main office. Once at their office I was given a 1-on-1 interview first with an HR person and then with a hiring manager. About a month later I was contacted and I was brought in for a Group/Panel Interview and I was grilled by three different people.

Interview Questions

• Please describe the functionality of a fiber channel connection in a storage area network and name three SAN vendors that you have developed a business relationship with.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint John, NB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Saint John, NB (Canada)) in January 2010.

Interview

1 interview that lasted for 3 hours. All the questions are behavioral based questions like tell me one time when you had to make a risky decision and how it turned out...

Interview Questions

• behavioral typed questions.. tell me how you dealt with a difficult co-worker   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied online through website, passed the psychometric tests and then was emailed with notification of telephone interview, whole process took about 3 weeks or so. Results were also very quick, only about 2 days after.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me a time when you analysed numerical data to reach a conclusion.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA) in September 2013.

Interview

Dropped my resume off at our campus career fair. Received a call and scheduled an on campus interview with one of their recruiters. Basic behavioral interview that lasted approximately one hour. The majority of the interview was spend discussing my prior internships, extra curricular activities, and research. Received a call about a week later and scheduled an on site interview for the following week. The on site interview included five interviews: two behavioral with supervisors, one technical with a technical expert, one with HR, and one with an executive. The whole day ran from about 7-2 including lunch with new hires and breakfast with a host. Received an offer two days later. The whole process took about 3 weeks from initial interview to offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Explain periods of unemployment or lack of involvement in organizations. What were you doing during that time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate because compensation was far superior to competition.

NONE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Baytown, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

1 Interview in 2010 for Baytown, TX site. Questions had a lot to do with Tell me about a time when......I recommend making a list of your own questions and practice answering fast, because you will me sweating bullets so know what comes out of your mouth before it does.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did something unsafe.   1 Answer

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil (Berkeley, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Exxon Mobil was recruiting at my university; applied on the university's job board and got called back for an interview a week later. Business formal attire, did not get the position. All behavioral; this interview is meant to test you as a person

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite class so far? What is your least favorite and why?   Answer Question

Geophysicist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

AAPG meeting in Houston. Poster presentation and some recruiters came to mine. Then, I got selected for face to face interview the next day. During the interview, the recruiter asked technical questions about my research project and 3-4 behavioral questions: 1) most difficult situation; example,2) challenging situation; example, 3) any issues with coworkers; example.

Pricing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Baytown, TX).

Interview

the process is stringent and laborious. I don't think there have to be 4 separate interviews to identify if a candidate is worthy of a job offer. Clearly the need for minorities is represented in the hiring practices.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I applied with campus recruiting and had an on-campus interview. The interview was lengthy, about an hour long, and consisted mostly of behavioral questions and elaborating on things listed in my resume. I heard back from them in about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• No question was excessively difficult, it is useful to know the S.T.A.R. method for approaching the behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in HarbourFront (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil (HarbourFront (Singapore)) in October 2014.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews, First round with 2 interviewers, Second round with management. At the first round interview, questions asked were mostly resume based and on your past experiences, and institutional based questions. Interview lasted about 30-40 mins. At the end of the interview, will be asked on area of interest within the business unit should you be hired, therefore have to be familiar with different areas.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had difficult working with your teammates   Answer Question