ExxonMobil

260 candidate interviews

Information Technology Interview

Information Technology
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2009.

Interview Details – I had several telephone interviews and once I passed those interviews I was called into their main office. Once at their office I was given a 1-on-1 interview first with an HR person and then with a hiring manager. About a month later I was contacted and I was brought in for a Group/Panel Interview and I was grilled by three different people.

Interview Question – Please describe the functionality of a fiber channel connection in a storage area network and name three SAN vendors that you have developed a business relationship with.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst
Saint John, NB (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in January 2010.

Interview Details – 1 interview that lasted for 3 hours. All the questions are behavioral based questions like tell me one time when you had to make a risky decision and how it turned out...

Interview Question – behavioral typed questions.. tell me how you dealt with a difficult co-worker   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Chemical Engineer
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Interview Details – Dropped my resume off at our campus career fair. Received a call and scheduled an on campus interview with one of their recruiters. Basic behavioral interview that lasted approximately one hour. The majority of the interview was spend discussing my prior internships, extra curricular activities, and research. Received a call about a week later and scheduled an on site interview for the following week. The on site interview included five interviews: two behavioral with supervisors, one technical with a technical expert, one with HR, and one with an executive. The whole day ran from about 7-2 including lunch with new hires and breakfast with a host. Received an offer two days later. The whole process took about 3 weeks from initial interview to offer letter.

Interview Question – Explain periods of unemployment or lack of involvement in organizations. What were you doing during that time?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate because compensation was far superior to competition.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2013.

Interview Details – I went through a recruiter at a hiring conference. I was interviewing for 3 potential positions. Based on my preferences of big/small city, office/refinery, travel, etc... That narrowed down what specific position they would interview for. All three interviewers were polite/professional, and got right to the point.

I was not selected for an on site follow on interview.

They were primarily looking for leadership/project management.

They asked about my strengths, I said I was analytical and they asked for an example where I applied it.

Interview Question – What's your most significant leadership accomplishment?   Answer Question

Entry Level Chemical Engineer Interview

Entry Level Chemical Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – Had a first round interview on campus. Interviewed at a plant about 2.5 weeks later. Had four interviews at the plant, including one technical interview.

Told me they'd call me back in two weeks to let me know either way. Never heard back. Had to contact my on-campus interviewer to see where I stood. Never sent me my reimbursement back.

Interview Question – During the technical interview, my programming proficiency was tested. Interviewer handed me a piece of white paper and told me to write a program that did ________.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Moncton, NB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was oriented to find the skills that the perfect candidate would need , I didnt have the skill but I had the background so I was hired

Interview Question – why would you take such a boring job ?   Answer Question

Refinery Intern Interview

Refinery Intern
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil in February 2012.

Interview Details – The interview is quite difficult. First they want to make sure you know how to explain previous experience clearly and concisely.Secondly they as many personality questions. And thirdly they make sure you are fit to their employees by asking you personal questions.

Interview Question – Explain what is the most difficult project you had to finish at your previous job?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume to Exxon at a Career Fair, and shortly afterward was called for an interview in an office in the same building. After this initial interview, which was largely informal, I was set up to do a second interview at the facility of work. I drove up there for a day long interview schedule with 3 or 4 different people, ranging from HR to the plant manager. After that, they were arranging yet a third interview down in Houston when I declined and joined a different company.

Interview Question – Make sure you can back up what you wrote on your resume.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Different job

Chemical Engineer Interview

Chemical Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – Applied online through college's career services website and was given an interview before the annual career fair.

The interview consisted mainly of behavioral questions, 'tell about a time you...' and lasted over an hour. The representative I met with was very professional and a little stuffy, but some of the others seemed to be joking around with their interviewees. Exxon went through many interviews. In the hour-long timeslot there were around 5 interviews being held simultaneously in different rooms, and spread that across 5 days of interviewing.

Most of the questions they asked had to deal with my previous work on projects, so I would recommend having something to talk about on that end. As I applied just entering my sophomore year, I really only had a simple freshman design project to talk about, so I think somebody who has had previous internship/project experience would do well.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when didn't have the capital necessary to complete a project. How did you react and what did you do to work around it?   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil in July 2009.

Interview Details – Technical question and soft skill questions; know your resume well and be able to explain things at a higher level

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Worked for ExxonMobil? Contribute to the Community!