ExxonMobil

Updated Mar 2, 2015

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2009.

I had several telephone interviews and once I passed those interviews I was called into their main office. Once at their office I was given a 1-on-1 interview first with an HR person and then with a hiring manager. About a month later I was contacted and I was brought in for a Group/Panel Interview and I was grilled by three different people.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe the functionality of a fiber channel connection in a storage area network and name three SAN vendors that you have developed a business relationship with.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint John, NB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint John, NB (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in January 2010.

1 interview that lasted for 3 hours. All the questions are behavioral based questions like tell me one time when you had to make a risky decision and how it turned out...

Interview Questions
    • behavioral typed questions.. tell me how you dealt with a difficult co-worker   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Dropped my resume off at our campus career fair. Received a call and scheduled an on campus interview with one of their recruiters. Basic behavioral interview that lasted approximately one hour. The majority of the interview was spend discussing my prior internships, extra curricular activities, and research. Received a call about a week later and scheduled an on site interview for the following week. The on site interview included five interviews: two behavioral with supervisors, one technical with a technical expert, one with HR, and one with an executive. The whole day ran from about 7-2 including lunch with new hires and breakfast with a host. Received an offer two days later. The whole process took about 3 weeks from initial interview to offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Explain periods of unemployment or lack of involvement in organizations. What were you doing during that time?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate because compensation was far superior to competition.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Applied online through website, passed the psychometric tests and then was emailed with notification of telephone interview, whole process took about 3 weeks or so. Results were also very quick, only about 2 days after.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me a time when you analysed numerical data to reach a conclusion.   Answer Question

Graduate Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fawley, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2014.

Interview was very intense with a lot of questions. All competency based but some were very quirky I certainly hadn't answered them before. Make sure you know the ins and outs of your examples and can spin them. Was asked about 8 questions so have plenty in the bank! 2 assessors so think about who to address.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of a time where you've been under pressure to change a Co the if action but you persevered regardless.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

I applied with campus recruiting and had an on-campus interview. The interview was lengthy, about an hour long, and consisted mostly of behavioral questions and elaborating on things listed in my resume. I heard back from them in about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • No question was excessively difficult, it is useful to know the S.T.A.R. method for approaching the behavioral questions.   Answer Question

End User Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at ExxonMobil in June 2014.

Basic questions ...at the time I told them I have a willingness to learn.
    I would need training as I am not immediate but in between. I had some experience in application support with AutoCAD & installation, Active directory, remote desktop . The wiliness to learn & take instruction & I told them I was a hard worker.

Interview Questions
    Complex..a lot of paperwork to sign & fill out even after hired a lot of paperwork. Some was confusing.

Instrumentation and Controls Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Applied through careers site for a new grad position. Interview took place on campus and involved two employees who would I would not be working with if I gained the position. This was only the first round of the interviewing process and I was told the second round would take place with someone I would work with and would have more technical information. Questions were all behavioral based.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time when you had to sacrifice quality to complete a task.   Answer Question

Global Real Estate and Facilities (GREF) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2014.

Several recruiters came to my colleges career fair. I got an in campus interview and got an email 13 days later saying I made it through to the next round and somebody would reach out to me. 19 days later somebody reached out to me scheduling a phone interview. This took place the same day and was really like a phone screening to make sure I didn't get this far by accident. I was told on the phone I made it through to a business line interview and somebody would reach out to me. 3 days later my big phone interview was scheduled. The phone interview was laid back but fairly difficult and lasted an hour. 6 days later I was called down to Houston and was flown down a week from then. They take VERY good care of their candidates, and I don't want to spoil the surprise.

The interview in Houston was long and intense, I won't lie, but all of the questions were valid. Everybody was very kind, especially Karen.

I got a call 45 minutes after I left the interview telling me I got the job and to expect an email shortly. The compensation is very fair.

No need to negotiate.

Summer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Very quick to let me know I had an interview after I passed my online assessments. The recruitment team were very helpful and always responded to questions quickly. It took about a month after my interview to hear back with confirmation.