ExxonMobil

260 candidate interviews

Process Specialist Interview

Process Specialist

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – overall the questions were not tough, more were based on past experience and people skills.

Interview Question – what makes a good negotiator?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – Initial contact was on campus career fair. Got an call to schedule an interview that same day. Interview was about an hour long. Pretty relaxed interview, very conversational to start. STAR interview format, they ask you to name a situation and task and how you reacted in that situation. Fairly straightforward, no real curveballs. Asked about campus activities, biggest achievements, etc. Got a decision in a ~month's time. Although I believe they make their decision soon after the interview.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you had a disagreement with a team member or coworker.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Offer letter sent out.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Reservoir Engineer
Lagos (Nigeria)

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – Interview was with in-line supervisors and managers, questions where basically personal and career proficiency based

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had problem with a co-worker?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – The first round interview consists of 5 behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to reach a goal but had insufficient resources.   Answer Question

Intenship Upstream Research Interview

Intenship Upstream Research

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – Lot of behavioral questions...Very few technical questions...difficult situation faced..priority changed suddenly and how did you meet those ...team work...conflict with teammate and so on..

Interview Question – Name two situation where you motivated a team which was not performing well   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineering Interview

Entry Level Engineering

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – nterview Details – applied at their website, have a campuse interview, waiting for their feedback

Interview Question – all was usual STAR questions...

Have multiple examples in mind for each of the above. Internet research will provide loads of behavior based interview example questions. Try to mention safety. Focus on your contribution. Use the situation, issues, action model.

Interview Question – when did you work in a team   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – Process began with an on-campus information session and career fair networking. I then applied for an interview and was accepted to that stage. The interview was behavioral, not technical. Questions were largely specific to my resume, and probing in the direction of leadership, teamwork, and challenging problem-solving.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in your career in the medium-term?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – they first interviewed me on campus, it was a 1:1 30 minute interview, my interviewer asked me a few behavioral questions then once he decided he liked me we just had a conversation for the rest of the time. then they brought me down to houston for an on site interview. it was a series of 3 1:1 30 minute interviews that were more conversational than anything else. i wasnt asked any technical questions.

Interview Question – none, the time was spent getting to know my personality than asking behavioral or technical questions.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer

Interview Details – only got to first round

Interview Question – really ambiguous questions
goes over your resume in depth
  Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – They brought me in for an interview after I had applied for an on campus interview. The interview was an hour long and I talked one on one with my interviewer. The questions I was asked were mostly behavioral - what was the biggest challenge you've faced in a project that you have worked on, what are you biggest strengths and biggest weaknesses, etc. I was not asked any technical questions. They let me know I would be receiving an answer about whether or not I was chosen for a second interview within 2 weeks and were very cordial.

Interview Question – Explain, in detail, a project you've worked on where you had to work through difficulties and how you overcame them.   Answer Question

Worked for ExxonMobil? Contribute to the Community!