ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fawley, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Fawley, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter before actual interview.
    Many security screening forms to complete.
    Alcohol and drug testing onsite on actual interview date.
    Sat opposite a table of four individuals who relentlessly fired off questions at me.
    Standard ExxonMobil "Gestapo" treatment - if you get offered the job then get used to it!

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, what are the most important aspects of laboratory work?   1 Answer

Instrument Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Baytown, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Took the Operations and Mechanical test. Passed. Got called in for first round of interviews. You do a scenario and background interview. During the scenario one they ask a lot of what ifs. This should be common sense if you've worked in an industrial environment. They just sit there and read questions out of a book. The background interview is where they go over education and work history. It's a little more personal, but still scripted. You get called back for a final interview. This one is with the 1st and 2nd line supervisors. This is the make or break. Basically you just sit in an office and talk with them. They are still reading from a packet, but they do ask questions off the cuff. If you get the job, you get a call back. If you don't, they mail you a letter. After you get the call back, you go in for your physical. Pretty standard stuff there.

Interview Questions

• You see two guys replacing a car window in the parking lot after work. They are breaking it with a hammer. What do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The starting salary is set.

Senior Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Baytown, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

2 interviews with 2 interviewers per meeting one immediately after the other. They usually interview people to become full time employees who have been working as contractors for 6-12 months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem you faced in the past and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Polymer Technologist-Customer Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Brussels (Belgium)) in March 2015.

Interview

There were two interviewers asking questions about soft and hard skills, and how I could be of contribution to the company. There were additional questions about the company profile and technical details about the product lines that the company is involved with were asked for. They also inquired about my method of preparing for the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working for a company such as ours, which is a contributor to the overall CO2 emissions?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2014.

Interview

Submit online application, wait for arount 2 weeks. Get a call from HR for a face-face interview. The interview took less than a hour. Get an offer after less 1 week.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2011.

Interview

the interview is only one round. The interviewers are a panel of managers from different technology department. more behavioral rather than technical questions will be asked. The questions are mainly based on the your experience on your resume.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if a team member does not do the work   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Basically ran through my resume and asked a couple behavioral question like tell me about time when you had to convince a team that you were working with to do something

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2014.

Interview

Talked about pass experience and question HOD (3rd-world supervisor) of work culture and was assured that guidance will be strongly extended to work well... its just word but in actual fact guidance is very very low.

Interview Questions

• Lets talk about your pass job?
      Brief me about your last 2 job of your handling?

1 Answer
    • What did YOU ask the employer in the interview?
      I understand that EM is an engineering-base environment, are most of the staff technically trained because I am NOT as I have only coordinate repair & fix, I needed guidance and may ask a lot of questions to get work done well. Who are the people I will be working with? Will help be found easily?
      (Actually outcome at work is so unpleasant.)

1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fawley, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Fawley, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

EMEC event. Weekend of team building exercises in New Forest, Hampshire.
    Telephone interview - basic competency questions
    Face-to-face interview, 1 on 1 with a manager. Competency questions, all starting with "give an example of a time..."

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were pressured to do something you didn't want to   Answer Question

GREF Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Standard competency interview but strongly directed towards work experience rather than academic or extra curricular experiences. Frustrating to be told that they didn't want to hear any more of one aspect of my experience which I felt was more relevant to the question asked. I guess looking for a very specific type of candidate

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with being told what to do by authority figures?   Answer Question