ExxonMobil

ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

Graduate Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fawley, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2014.

Interview was very intense with a lot of questions. All competency based but some were very quirky I certainly hadn't answered them before. Make sure you know the ins and outs of your examples and can spin them. Was asked about 8 questions so have plenty in the bank! 2 assessors so think about who to address.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of a time where you've been under pressure to change a Co the if action but you persevered regardless.   Answer Question

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

3 phone interviews with a consultant company. ExxonMobil typically does not hire direct IT support techs. Made it to face to face interview with Team Lead and via conference call the IT Manager on a Friday. Nothing difficult from a technical standpoint. Was offered the job on Monday.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Any interview is dependent on the interviewer and how well they can size up a candidate with a mix of standard HR questions and job related functions of the job.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was with the Consultant company and pay rate and benefits were all predetermined. ExxonMobil pays the contract for talent and its up to you to get the most pay from consultant companys profits on the contract.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Applied online through website, passed the psychometric tests and then was emailed with notification of telephone interview, whole process took about 3 weeks or so. Results were also very quick, only about 2 days after.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me a time when you analysed numerical data to reach a conclusion.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

submitted resume and got an in person interview on campus for about 30 minutes. a few weeks later i get a phone interview with a specific organization within the company, and i received my offer shortly after.

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, the typical get-to-know you interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interviewed with several different people during one day. Each interview was approx 45 minutes. They took all the candidates who were also interviewing to lunch. Nothing was too difficult. I was just myself and answered each question honestly. Some scenario questions.

Interview Questions
    • How did I go against something someone who was my superior told me to do.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

I came on to Exxon straight out of college. The interview process for college grads comes in three steps. The first is the initial screening of the resume. You can have to apply online, but going to the career fairs and knowing someone in the company that's hiring at the time helps so much.The initial interview is purely to see if you would be a good fit in Exxon or not. If you pass this round you get placed in an Exxon hiring database and individual Exxon departments (they call them "companies") can select you for their interview process, which usually consists of flying you out to one of their locations for an in-person interview (I had three interviewers, all behavioral questions). Overall, the process was extremely satisfying. Exxon has a lot of money to throw around, and they really treat you well during the whole interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Again, none of the questions I was given were technical; they were all behavioral. The most unexpected question that I had was "How do you persuade someone to do what you want or agree with your idea". I found the question difficult mostly because it is really easy to come off as manipulative and not a team player when answering this.   Answer Question

End User Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at ExxonMobil in June 2014.

Basic questions ...at the time I told them I have a willingness to learn.
    I would need training as I am not immediate but in between. I had some experience in application support with AutoCAD & installation, Active directory, remote desktop . The wiliness to learn & take instruction & I told them I was a hard worker.

Interview Questions
    Complex..a lot of paperwork to sign & fill out even after hired a lot of paperwork. Some was confusing.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

All behavioral questions, funny enough. The most technical thing they asked me was about my previous internship experience. I went to the mix and greet dinner the night before, and everyone working there seemed EXTREMELY happy BUT preoccupied with how much money they were making there.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult challenge you've had to overcome?   Answer Question

Contact Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Applied online through the company job portal for campus recruitment. Shortlisted individuals were invited for a networking session, and it was followed by a 1st round interview 1-2 weeks later. The 1st round interview generally revolved around what was written in the resume submitted, and they do probe deep into details so it pays to be familiar with things you included in your resume.

There was a plant tour before the 2nd round interview to give us an idea of the company's operations. The 2nd round interview had a good mix of technical and behavioural questions, and really forces you to think on the spot. But the interviewers were generally friendly and the whole experience was pleasant.

Both rounds of interviews lasted between 30-40 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • From your transcript, I can see that you have consistently been getting good grades, but I see anomalies in a few modules where you scored worse than usual. What were the issues did you think contributed to you not performing as well in these modules?   Answer Question

SSSHE Supervisor Interview

Panel interview all day; most of the time questions related with safety culture; zero incidents; none gets hurt. focus on understanding safety culture and service excellence; great opportunity for any person wanting to learn on how to properly learn how a safety culture needs to work; strong focus on process management from administrative to facilties.

Smooth