ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

Shift Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in July 2015.

Interview

First was a 1 hour of a safety discussion about some possible risks seen in a lab. This was followed by a tour through the various parts of the lab with a focus on the equipment that the employee would be using. followed by an hour long competency interview.

Applications Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Brussels (Belgium)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a face to face interview with 2 rounds, one of being HR focussed and the other one being technical based. The interviewers were product based account managers and human resource manager. The duration of the first round was about 120 minutes and the second round was about 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The most important success that you have achieved in the previous 3 years.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed through school career fair. Had middle career employee interview me who had worked in Alaska and was an ex-pat. Interview lasted much longer than my thirty minute time slot. No curve ball questions or anything too far out there.

Interview Questions

• Lots based on previous experiences. She talked a fair amount about herself and experiences as well.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in August 2014.

Interview

After an info session on campus, students were invited to drop their resumes. A selection of students were extended interviews which also happened on campus. There were 5 recruiters--two were present in the actual interview. One asked the questions and only listened, the other was the designated note taker. The other three recruiters sat in a separate room with snacks and each other, chatting with whoever was going to interview next. They made the students feel very comfortable and in no way acted as if they were judging you before you entered the interview. I do think they probably were trying to get a sense of your personality though. Be yourself and take the opportunity to get comfortable with them! The two recruiters interviewing potential candidates would switch out after a certain number of interviews. They were on campus for I believe two days doing interviews, and got back pretty quickly with offers for internships.

Research Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

The interview began with a phone interview, then progressed to a on-site interview with several one-on-one meetings to assess personality fit, along with a technical presentation. The interview process was largely driven by the interviewee asking questions about the company. The interviewers seemed to place a lot of emphasis on company fit rather than simply technical skill. There were a lot of behavioral type questions, and the employees all seemed to enjoy working with the company.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time you handled conflict with colleagues   Answer Question

Environmental Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in April 2011.

Interview

The entire interview process conducted within 15 days are as follow: firstly I was contacted by phone when in Semarang and followed by group/panel interview when visiting Jakarta. The interviewers was asking much about my daily current job activities.

Interview Questions

• The way to be a solid team player and to solve the specific concerns   1 Answer

Vacation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (South Melbourne (Australia)) in August 2015.

Interview

There were no online testing, got a technical interview straight away. It was with two engineers that has been working for ExxonMobil for over 5 years. The lady at the recruiting team was very nice. Overall positive experience. I actually like this way because it is hard to accept if i am rejected just because of a test

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Went to the Society of Women Engineers Conference where I spoke to one of the recruiters during the career fair. Exxon looks for 3 things: previous internship experience, gpa 3.7 and higher, and a unique leadership experience (club president, created a program). once they see those three on your resume and you make a good first impression your chances on getting and interview are higher. I was offered an interview on the spot. Then the interviewer told me I would be notified a week to two weeks later, which I was. I was called by HR for an on phone interview. After just a couple questions I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with a team and you resolved a problem. What are your best qualities   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX).

Interview

- I got my phone interview scheduled approximately 2 weeks after my initial job application submitted - I got invited for on-site interview approximately 1 week after the phone interview - I received an offer approximately 2 months after the on-site interview

Interview Questions

• - share some examples of most challenging problems you have solved in your previous jobs - share my biggest weakness - share any conflicts occured in the previous team work and how I resolved it   Answer Question
    • - share some examples of most challenging problems you have solved in your previous jobs - share my biggest weakness - share any conflicts occured in the previous team work and how I resolved it   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

Interview

Use the STAR process. You must answer using this method. S-Situation T- don't remember what this one stood for A-how you achieved or overcame the obstacle R-Result. There was two people. One asking the questions and one writing down everything you said. Asked a lot of questions to see your problem solving skills. Only hire engineers and MBA students.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you did not agree with someone above you (higher authority).   1 Answer