ExxonMobil

ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Jan 23, 2015
Updated Jan 23, 2015

Data Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

My resume got forwarded to the Computational Sciences division of the ExxonMobil Upstream Research Company. One of the current employees there reached out to me for scheduling a telephonic interview call with the team. The interview as taken by three data scientists, who had expertise in statistics and machine learning. The interview was completely technical and the interviewers asked me about my data science related research work and the innovation involved in each project. The interviewers also asked about my future goals and the way ExxonMobil would fit in it. There were no behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions in the interview. The interviewers did ask a lot of in-depth questions on my research work.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

I gave my resume to an ExxonMobil recruiter that attend a job expo at my university. A few days later I got an email telling me that they wanted to interview me on my university's campus.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to sell out an idea to someone.   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Panel interview of 3 interviewers to 1 interviewee. The interviewers were from 3 different departments of different seniority. Questions asked were closely based on your resume as well as situational based questions. So they basically went through each item you have written on your resume and ask you to elaborate. At the end of the interview, it's the usual question and answer.

Interview Questions
    • Share an experience where you have to work with difficult people to achieve a goal.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

All communications were via telephone and text message- no emails which was very strange. First Round interview was quite typical- basic qualifications and leadership. Second round contained 6 interviews, 3 technical and 3 leadership.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about specific components of a refining facility and how would they have to be changed depending on different weather events.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

campus interview was very good 1-on-1. done by former graduates of same university. results really depend on how you hit it off with interviewer. min GPA requirements too.

Interview Questions
    • what are your weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5years, why choose exxonmobil and the petrochemical industry????????????   Answer Question

Chemicals and Refining Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Applied on-line. Online tests and then very quick response for a telephone interview and then an on-site interview. Telephone interview was around 25min and the on-site interview was with two interviewers and lasted around 50min. Both were focused on competency questions on a range of competencies the company values.

Very friendly process but the face-to-face interview involved a lot of travel for just one interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you've had to deal with someone being dishonest.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Applied through campus website. Got called up for an interview. The interview process was relatively easy with the HR manager and a technical manager. Questions like what do you see yourself doing in 5 years time, why do you want to work for this company and past experience questions (e.g. describe a situation on how you resolve a conflict).

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

I was told to speak with them at the career fair by a recruiter. Immediately was scheduled an on campus interview. This was basic STAR questions. Then received a phone call from a manager to see if I would be interested in her department. I flown down for an on site interview. The first night was dinner with a new engineer. The next day was very long and you had to be on your game at all times. I had two technical interviews. They want you to be crazy smart, personable, but also like the people in the department. It took at least a month for me to hear back.

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Online application and online test followed by phone interview (competency based). The interview was relaxing and I really enjoyed it. I passed my phone interview but did not get notification for face to face final stage interview due to the fully filled internship positions.

Summer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil in December 2014.

Applied online (UK summer internship in IT Technology), sent CV, work experience description, etc. After some online practice, passed online psychometric tests, got invited for the telephone interview. The interview was purely behavioral. At the end, there was a quick question about the role, something like 'why do you think you're suitable for this job?'.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about the time when you faced a obstacle while working on a project.

Talk about the time when you applied troubleshooting

View Answer