ExxonMobil

Updated Mar 2, 2015

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

The interview process was very straight-forward. Basically reviewed my resume and asked me questions about particular experiences/ skills. Overall discussed the company and why it's a good fit/ why do I want to work there. We talked about the office/ facilities available to employees.

Procurement Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

I first met the recruiting team through a campus networking event. After establishing an initial rapport with the team, I was invited to participate in an on-campus interview. As far as I know, I was the only graduate student to receive an invite. The majority of candidates were undergraduates from the Supply Chain department. The first interview was entirely behavioral based. Lots of questions asking for examples of situations to assess my skills, character, and previous experiences . I found this first interview very straightforward and similar to other screening interviews. A few days later, I received an invitation to interview at the new ExxonMobil campus outside of Houston, TX.

A driver picked me up from the airpot and took me to a nice hotel near the ExxonMobil campus. That night the company treated me to a very nice dinner. I was very pleased with the no-pressure conversational tone of the dinner, and I was truly able to enjoy myself. The next morning, I was taken to the new campus where interviews started promptly at 8AM. I met with a variety of employees for 45 minute to 1 hour sessions. These interviews focused primarily on assessing my fit with the company culture. It was clear that my credentials were not in question at this point. The interviews continued until late into the afternoon with a break for lunch. The overall atmosphere was very relaxed, informative, and conversational and unlike any other second round interviews I have ever experienced. I hesitate to characterize the interview process as easy, but compared to the high pressure atmosphere of other interviews, I found the process at ExxonMobil considerably more casual. I was thoroughly impressed with the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you know about ExxonMobil.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in January 2013.

it was a short interview about 30mins with three process engineers, alot of behaviour questions and your motivations. be prepared with answering a few technical questions to test your understanding. overall its a good experience, interviewers are friendly.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

Applied through campus career fair, went to first round interview where they asked mostly behavioral questions, wanted to see if you have leadership qualities. Did not get second round interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time you had to get everyone on a team's buy in.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

Attended several informational sessions and emailed the recruiter. Networked at the career fair and talked to different representatives from the company. First round of interview on campus at the career center. Mostly asked about my resume and behavioral questions. Overall experience is pretty good! The recruiter was very nice and approachable.

SummerAccounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I submitted the resume at college career center website. Then I got selected for the interview at the career center. They invited candidates to a pre-interview dinner, where I got chances to talk to interviewer before the actual interview. The interviewer constantly took notes while I talked. I did not get any chances to ask the interviewer any questions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about previous job experience. Team work experience. Problem with working in a team. How to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in February 2015.

Basic behavioral questions. The interviewer was very nice and convinced me to want the job even though it was very far away. I liked how he let me add anything that wasn't covered in the interview that I thought was necessary to add. About 45 minutes overall and felt more like a conversation than a Q&A.

Interview Questions
    • Greatest Accomplishment? Time you worked on a team? Where do you think you would best fit at Exxon?   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)
    Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in January 2015.

It was 2 rounds. On the first I received general information by company, tested in English/second language, they were asking general questions by my experience. After I had a Logistic test in 70 minutes. On the second turn it was personal interview, they tested my language skills, experiences and I received a more detailed information by the position and the benefits.

Interview Questions
    • Many questions, mainly about my experience and attituted to co-workers and customers.   Answer Question

Controllers Department Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Got the interview through campus recruiting. There was an informational dinner/meet-and-greet the night before interview. Hour long on-campus interview with two interviewers from the controllers department. Both were very nice and seemed genuinely happy to be there. All behavioral questions, .

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were in a group project. What kind of role did you play?   Answer Question

Geoscience Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

The interview process was casual and fair. Met with a Senior Geologist on a college campus for a 30 minute interview. The process is extremely competitive for entry level geologists, but you have a fighting chance if you have interesting research experience that you are passionate about.

Interview Questions
    • What were some disfunctional groups that you have been a part of? What is your dream job?   Answer Question