ExxonMobil Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2014
Updated Aug 14, 2014
264 interviews

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interviewed via a one on one college recruiting event. There was an information session the night before. I would recommend going to this if it is available. Overall, the interview was casual and consisted of mostly "name a time when" type questions. I did not receive an offer, as they were primarily looking at graduate students.

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Most hiring is done on campus. Few experienced hire positions offered. Typically a day of on site interviews with dinner with a host the night before. Behavioral questions and the star method are used to determine organizational fit, analytical capability, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral questions are asked. Be sure to come prepared with examples and stories of your accomplishments.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baytown, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

The process is quite intense. You are sent a testing link prior to interviewing. If you do not pass the initial test, you do not go any further in the process. The first interview is with Human Resources and a representative with the department for which you applied. If granted a second interview you will interview with your potential direct supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was about accountability. If you make a mistake are you accountable enough to recognize the mistake and correct the mistake.   View Answer
    I was pleased with the initial offer. No negotiations needed.

Network Infrastrue Analyst Interview

On campus recruiting. We filled out paperwork both on our campus webpage as well as the exxonmobil web page. We were selected for on campus interview. Made it through round one interviews, and continued onto round two. After that, 3 people were selected out of my entire university for an internship. The year I applied there were 58,809 students.

IT Project Manager Interview

Hired from college. They only hire college graduates in the IT Company. Onsite interview. Second interview consist of a few interviews onsite. The interview process was pretty easy going. They are interviewing you to see if you fit in the exxonmobil culture. Your grades and activities shows whether are not you can do the work.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember. IT was a pretty easy going interview   Answer Question

Geoscience Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

There was one interview only. The structure was half discussion about items on my resume and half STAR questions. The interviewer wrote down almost every response I had, and also took notes about my attire, smiling, general disposition. He wrote almost 2 pages of notes in the hour session. He gave me a combination of specific situation questions and open-ended questions that allowed me to talk about any achievement or experience I had in mind. Some people warned me that my particular interviewer was very mechanical or impersonal, but I felt he was very professional and was personal enough. I really enjoyed speaking with him.

Interview Questions
    • After a set of specific questions, he asked: "Ok now while I write down some notes, I'd like to come up with a few items that we may have missed. Anything at all you want to mention."   View Answer
    No negotiation for the internship offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beaumont, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2013.

I applied for an internship on the company's website and via NSBE through a scholarship opportunity. I was contacted by the Baton Rouge location within about 3 weeks after submitting an application. The process of setting up a phone interview took about a week. During the interview I was asked questions such as past leadership roles, most liked/disliked subject and why, and future goals and interests. I didn't hear back from Exxon for almost an entire two months. Then out of the blue, I was contacted by the Exxon Beaumont location so set up another interview. I was asked similar questions during this phone interview. Another 2 weeks passed by then I was asked if I would like to accept an offer to intern during the summer. This entire process (day of application submission to receiving an offer) lasted from October to December.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Exxon Mobil was recruiting at my university; applied on the university's job board and got called back for an interview a week later. Business formal attire, did not get the position. All behavioral; this interview is meant to test you as a person

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite class so far? What is your least favorite and why?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

If you interview at campus you get offer to visit and get hosted by relatively new employee. Then you sen he day doing 3-4 interviews. These will typically be by one second line supervisor, a senior technical, department head, and finally business manager. If you do great you can get a spot offer.

Interview Questions
    • During these site visits the managers get to ask whatever they want. Some keep it to conversation and some may choose to do a situational interview.   Answer Question
    As a new hire not sure how much negotiation one will really do.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Beaumont, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Flown to Beaumont, TX for an interview. HR was great taking care of all the accommodations. Interview was a full day. Talked to potential co-workers as well as potential direct supervisor and his boss. Fairly technical questions and why I wanted to move to Beaumont, etc. Thought I was a shoo-in since I have family in Beaumont, and really, who wants to move to Beaumont? However, did not get job offer.