ExxonMobil Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2014
264 interviews

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2008.

The recruiters called me two weeks before the college career fair and told me to apply online. Then they called me and gave me a personal interview 2 days prior to the career fair. After a week I received an email notifying me that I was selected for a second round of interviews. Approximately after 2 weeks I received a phone call for another interview. That interview was approximately 1 hour long and it was about my interests, my experiences, and my short and long term goals. Then after two more weeks I received a second call for another interview. This one lasted approximately 30 mins. It was a more informal one, and it was to confirm my interests and to provide me insight about the company. Then after a week and a half I received a call providing me the final offer. As an advice I can say that you should not be impatient. Always trust in yourself and try to convinces the interviewer with facts. Another thing is to read about the company before they interview you, in that way you know what to talk and ask.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something that is no your resume that will convince me of hiring you.   View Answer
    The offer was too good to negotiate anything. An advice may be to be proud of what you studied and put yourself a price that you consider is your value after all the years studying and gaining experiences. With those facts you can negotiate offers and benefits.

Engineering Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2009.

Selected for interview on Campus Career Fair. on campus Interview for 55 minutes. poeple were smart, friendly, attentive, businesslike. Experienced in the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you lacked a resource to complete a task. What did you do? The result?   Answer Question
    No negotiations. None.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baytown, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

The process is quite intense. You are sent a testing link prior to interviewing. If you do not pass the initial test, you do not go any further in the process. The first interview is with Human Resources and a representative with the department for which you applied. If granted a second interview you will interview with your potential direct supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was about accountability. If you make a mistake are you accountable enough to recognize the mistake and correct the mistake.   View Answer
    I was pleased with the initial offer. No negotiations needed.

Network Infrastrue Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

On campus recruiting. We filled out paperwork both on our campus webpage as well as the exxonmobil web page. We were selected for on campus interview. Made it through round one interviews, and continued onto round two. After that, 3 people were selected out of my entire university for an internship. The year I applied there were 58,809 students.

Procurement Specialist Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Gave some preliminary tests and had a preliminary interview with recruiting agency.Actual interview with departament manager was long of almost 2 hrs, being asked from the typical questions to the more specific regarding certain situations trying to demonstrate skills and knowledge.Second interview with GM, was shorter and based on previous discussion.

Negotations of salary package was held afterwards based on my input on expected pay.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

If you interview at campus you get offer to visit and get hosted by relatively new employee. Then you sen he day doing 3-4 interviews. These will typically be by one second line supervisor, a senior technical, department head, and finally business manager. If you do great you can get a spot offer.

Interview Questions
    • During these site visits the managers get to ask whatever they want. Some keep it to conversation and some may choose to do a situational interview.   Answer Question
    As a new hire not sure how much negotiation one will really do.

Reservoir Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2010.

Preselected in school and interviewed on more of behavioral issues. Had a second technical interview for 45mins.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you did not agree with a colleague or supervisor and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate. Offer was more than competitive enough. Good company to work for.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2010.

EM had an info session, first interview was at my uni, one-on-one consisting of mostly behavioural questions. 2nd interview was with HR Recruiter, mostly discussion of resume. The third and fourth interviews were with specific people in the department. The third interview was very informal, general. The fourth interview was the toughest with harder behavioural questions. Once done, the recruiter called to inform me of my offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you failed to succeed at something, and how you coped with it.   View Answer

Engineer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2010.

Very basic interview was asked a lot of behavioral questions. The lady who interviewed me was very nice and acted as if she wanted me to do well during the interview. All in all, the small talk conversation we had before the interview helped out a lot.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you made a big descision and how did it work out.   Answer Question
    Intership so didn't really negotiate. I did tell her I was interested in working downstream which is where I got my internship offer.

Procurement Associate Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil in July 2011.

Applied online to the Exxon Mobil BSC website. The procurement associate position online does not require a degree, but everyone has bachelar or above so probably do not apply unless you are a graduate. They took copies of our degrees so it might actually be required en lieu of experience. Also, foreign languages are nearly a must since Prague procurement handles all of Europe, Middle East, and Africa.

You take an analytics test before you are acceptable for an interview. If you do well, they call you and you interview in front of a few managers who ask you questions about how you have solved problems in the past, how have you negotiated things, how did you react when someone was unreasonable. The questions may seem general, but if you understand the job, you will know that these questions are necessary since you will be a contract manager over very important materials for large amounts of money.

The workplace is full of young and active people. The normal age is somewhere in the late 20s. So far it is a great company that will challenge you and give much in return. Highly recommended.

*Dress professionally for the interview or just don't apply*
    *Study for the analytics exam*
    *Be prepared to handle a lot of responsibility quickly*
    *Be a good person to be around, or else I don't want them to hire you either :-) *

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you had to negotiate for something?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you spotted something that no one else did and what was the effect?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Be happy to be one of the team :-)