ExxonMobil

ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Jan 23, 2015
Updated Jan 23, 2015

IT Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

they first interviewed me on campus, it was a 1:1 30 minute interview, my interviewer asked me a few behavioral questions then once he decided he liked me we just had a conversation for the rest of the time. then they brought me down to houston for an on site interview. it was a series of 3 1:1 30 minute interviews that were more conversational than anything else. i wasnt asked any technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • none, the time was spent getting to know my personality than asking behavioral or technical questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Very nice interviewer. The interview was more like conversational chatting.

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

only got to first round

Interview Questions
    • really ambiguous questions
      goes over your resume in depth

Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

They brought me in for an interview after I had applied for an on campus interview. The interview was an hour long and I talked one on one with my interviewer. The questions I was asked were mostly behavioral - what was the biggest challenge you've faced in a project that you have worked on, what are you biggest strengths and biggest weaknesses, etc. I was not asked any technical questions. They let me know I would be receiving an answer about whether or not I was chosen for a second interview within 2 weeks and were very cordial.

Interview Questions
    • Explain, in detail, a project you've worked on where you had to work through difficulties and how you overcame them.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

basic behavioral questions, hour long on campus interview. They are looking for people who are willing to travel and willing to learn and challenge themselves. Tell them you enjoy challenge and that you learn from mistakes. they like safety so slide that one in there as well

URC Summer Intern Interview

Submitted my resume through campus career fair. Got the interview a few weeks later. The interview lasted about 45 minutes with basic behavioral questions, like how to you handle deadlines, what is your expertise, describe your research experience and etc. Generally an easy interview. But I was told at the beginning that this is their informational interview, not job specific.

Interview Questions
    • How do you persuade your colleagues when you have different opinions.   Answer Question

Facilities Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Multi-step interview process includes on-campus info session and interview, phone interview, and on-location interviews. EM does not specify job location and description until several months before start date - employees expected to accept a job based on company standing and lifetime career goals. Competitive interview and hiring process. Difficult to understand how one may fit into the confusing company structure.

Interview Questions
    • Questions seemed similar to all foundational interviews - i.e. Describe a difficult work experience you've faced and how you mitigated the outcome; give examples of your various roles on different teams; what have you learned from working with other people on projects, etc   Answer Question
    Negotiation was not an option - recruiter said that EM very rarely adjusts their offer.

Metallurgist Interview

interview went great. but apparently no positions open anymore

PhD Research Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

I first applied through campus career fair. I then received an email invitation to an on-campus interview. The interview itself is mostly behavioral although there were brief discussions on academic achievements and research interests.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer wanted to know how I deal with difficult people   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Got an email from a campus recruiter(alumni) requesting an interview and instructions for registering through their career website. All behavioral type questions for the 1st one-on-one interview, which was 30 min long. The interviewer took notes throughout. Got acceptance approximately a week and waiting for local hiring manager to contact me again with specific positions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me once you were on a team and a team member did not do his work.   Answer Question