ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2014
Updated Sep 27, 2014

2.9

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Applied online through school. Got an on campus interview.

Interview Questions
    • Just asked about basic heat and mass transfer and thermodynamics.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Initial contact was on campus career fair. Got an call to schedule an interview that same day. Interview was about an hour long. Pretty relaxed interview, very conversational to start. STAR interview format, they ask you to name a situation and task and how you reacted in that situation. Fairly straightforward, no real curveballs. Asked about campus activities, biggest achievements, etc. Got a decision in a ~month's time. Although I believe they make their decision soon after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you had a disagreement with a team member or coworker.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Offer letter sent out.

Intern Interview

basic behavioral questions, hour long on campus interview. They are looking for people who are willing to travel and willing to learn and challenge themselves. Tell them you enjoy challenge and that you learn from mistakes. they like safety so slide that one in there as well

Intern Interview

On campus interview. Followed by a phone interview. Trip to Houston to interview for interns.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest failure and how did you respond ?   Answer Question

Senior Research Scientist Interview

I was selected for a campus interview. I was asked to describe my research background, no behavior question.

Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – During the interview process, I spoke with 5 individuals asking questions about the work that I had done in the past. The questions were geared toward my background knowledge in the area that I was applying to. The employees were trying to guage my work ethic and my experience to decide if I would be a good fit for their team.

Got an another offer

Summer Intern Interview

Process began with an on-campus information session and career fair networking. I then applied for an interview and was accepted to that stage. The interview was behavioral, not technical. Questions were largely specific to my resume, and probing in the direction of leadership, teamwork, and challenging problem-solving.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in your career in the medium-term?   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Got an email from a campus recruiter(alumni) requesting an interview and instructions for registering through their career website. All behavioral type questions for the 1st one-on-one interview, which was 30 min long. The interviewer took notes throughout. Got acceptance approximately a week and waiting for local hiring manager to contact me again with specific positions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me once you were on a team and a team member did not do his work.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Took about a month from the initial interview. Asked a ton of behavioral based interview. They really want to see if you are a good fit for the company. The way the company operates is that they don't want to hire you for a job but a career. So make sure you know your resume front and back and can speak articulately about your experiences.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Budapest (Hungary)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

1+ Hour - 1:2 , Behavioral

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about the time you failed to accomplish a task.   View Answer