ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

Intern Interview

Interview

basic behavioral questions, hour long on campus interview. They are looking for people who are willing to travel and willing to learn and challenge themselves. Tell them you enjoy challenge and that you learn from mistakes. they like safety so slide that one in there as well

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

First round interview with 2 ExxonMobil employees who had been with the company for 5 years. Asked for several examples for the one question

Interview Questions

• give an example of conflict when you were a team leader?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Interview

Host takes the candidate for an informal dinner the night before the interview day. The day starts with about half an hour long overview about the company from human resources. This is followed by an hour long presentation by the candidate on his/her thesis work. The candidate is then escorted to a series of half hour long interviews by 4-5 senior technical folks before finally being interviewed by a director. An hour long facility tour and "how we work" session" is held with the host and a recent hire. Usually, all the interviewers get together that evening itself to give their nays and yeas.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Interview Details – During the interview process, I spoke with 5 individuals asking questions about the work that I had done in the past. The questions were geared toward my background knowledge in the area that I was applying to. The employees were trying to guage my work ethic and my experience to decide if I would be a good fit for their team.

Got an another offer

Summer Intern Interview

Interview

Process began with an on-campus information session and career fair networking. I then applied for an interview and was accepted to that stage. The interview was behavioral, not technical. Questions were largely specific to my resume, and probing in the direction of leadership, teamwork, and challenging problem-solving.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in your career in the medium-term?   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Got an email from a campus recruiter(alumni) requesting an interview and instructions for registering through their career website. All behavioral type questions for the 1st one-on-one interview, which was 30 min long. The interviewer took notes throughout. Got acceptance approximately a week and waiting for local hiring manager to contact me again with specific positions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me once you were on a team and a team member did not do his work.   Answer Question

Finance Graduate Interview

Interview

Telephone Interview: 1. Usually, there are more than one approach to the problem. Give an example of such times and explain the reasons for your choice. 2. Give an example when you have seen a trend or pattern while your peer haven’t. 3. Example of a time when you have to adapt your style. 4. An example of a time when you have to change priority 5. A time when there are not enough information for you to make a decision. How did you do this? 6. A time when you were really frustrated

Finance Internship Interview

Interview

One round of interview

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

they first interviewed me on campus, it was a 1:1 30 minute interview, my interviewer asked me a few behavioral questions then once he decided he liked me we just had a conversation for the rest of the time. then they brought me down to houston for an on site interview. it was a series of 3 1:1 30 minute interviews that were more conversational than anything else. i wasnt asked any technical questions.

Interview Questions

• none, the time was spent getting to know my personality than asking behavioral or technical questions.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Budapest (Hungary)).

Interview

1+ Hour - 1:2 , Behavioral

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the time you failed to accomplish a task.   1 Answer