ExxonMobil

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Average Difficulty
260 candidate interviews

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – On campus interview. The interviewer was really nice and patient. We talked a lot about the coursework and the research experience I had within the past few years. I have really a lot of diverse and interesting research opportunities. After the interview, I haven't heard from them for the next round.

Interview Question – I would say it is pretty technical. The interviewer knows a lot about what he is dealing with, and I tried to sell my research ideas as much as possible.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – Mostly behavior questions on campus, then technical questions on phone later.

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – I interviewed with Exxon on campus. The recruiters collected resumes at the career fair and then chose a number of candidates for a campus interview. The interview questions were mostly behavioral like tell me about a time when you took the initiative to solve a problem. Another question was tell us about a time that you had a problem with a group member and what did you do.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you run out of resources and what did you do.   Answer Question

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Senior Research Scientist

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – I was selected for a campus interview. I was asked to describe my research background, no behavior question.

Interview Question – All technique questions.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Accountant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – Interview Details – During the interview process, I spoke with 5 individuals asking questions about the work that I had done in the past. The questions were geared toward my background knowledge in the area that I was applying to. The employees were trying to guage my work ethic and my experience to decide if I would be a good fit for their team.

Reason for Declining – Got an another offer

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – Process began with an on-campus information session and career fair networking. I then applied for an interview and was accepted to that stage. The interview was behavioral, not technical. Questions were largely specific to my resume, and probing in the direction of leadership, teamwork, and challenging problem-solving.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in your career in the medium-term?   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – Got an email from a campus recruiter(alumni) requesting an interview and instructions for registering through their career website. All behavioral type questions for the 1st one-on-one interview, which was 30 min long. The interviewer took notes throughout. Got acceptance approximately a week and waiting for local hiring manager to contact me again with specific positions.

Interview Question – Tell me once you were on a team and a team member did not do his work.   Answer Question

Finance Graduate Interview

Finance Graduate

Interview Details – Telephone Interview:
1. Usually, there are more than one approach to the problem. Give an example of such times and explain the reasons for your choice.
2. Give an example when you have seen a trend or pattern while your peer haven’t.
3. Example of a time when you have to adapt your style.
4. An example of a time when you have to change priority
5. A time when there are not enough information for you to make a decision. How did you do this?
6. A time when you were really frustrated

Interview Question – Typical Tel Interview   Answer Question

Finance Internship Interview

Finance Internship

Interview Details – One round of interview

Interview Question – What is the greatest challenge   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer

Interview Details – Took about a month from the initial interview. Asked a ton of behavioral based interview. They really want to see if you are a good fit for the company. The way the company operates is that they don't want to hire you for a job but a career. So make sure you know your resume front and back and can speak articulately about your experiences.