ExxonMobil

258 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – Easy as can be. Asked very basic questions. Why do you want to work here? What can you bring to this company that others can not?

Entry Level Chemical Engineer Interview

Entry Level Chemical Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – Had a first round interview on campus. Interviewed at a plant about 2.5 weeks later. Had four interviews at the plant, including one technical interview.

Told me they'd call me back in two weeks to let me know either way. Never heard back. Had to contact my on-campus interviewer to see where I stood. Never sent me my reimbursement back.

Interview Question – During the technical interview, my programming proficiency was tested. Interviewer handed me a piece of white paper and told me to write a program that did ________.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – Mostly behavior questions on campus, then technical questions on phone later.

Information Technology Interview

Information Technology
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in March 2011.

Interview Details – They came to the career fair at my university. I got selected to go to the first round of interviews. They look for experience, and ask questions how past experience or past situations and how you dealt with it. There were three different people interviewing during the interview. They would all ask questions.

Interview Question – How did you handle a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Chemical Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – Job was listed on University's career website where I applied during my senior year.
There was an on campus interview followed by a brief telephone informal interview. I was invited to worksite interview during the phone call.
Onsite interview was done by 5 Engineers with different levels of experience.
It took a whole day to get through all the interviews.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions related to how one fits in a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations

Very Easy Interview

Cataloging Assistant Interview

Cataloging Assistant
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – There was no interview. Kelly Services found me on CareerBuilder and hired me.

Interview Question – There were none.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I got hired for a cheap $12 an hour... they worked me like crazy and eventually I moved up to $15.

Network Analyst Interview

Network Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – interviewed as contractor, so it might be different for full time employees, one round.

Interview Question – Nothing, if you know your stuff its a straight forward interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NA

Marketing Consultant Interview

Marketing Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ExxonMobil in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was excited about this interview, as my skills seemed like a perfect match for this position. The phone interview was with two people, and they explained their positions and roles. The first question they asked was about my education. I spoke about that. Then they asked me about my work history; I was 10 minutes into that when they interrupted me and said that my education was not sufficient and they would be in touch with the recruiter.
Frankly, my education may not have been enough for them, however, they clearly did not read my resume. Any questions and concerns they had should have been addressed prior to the phone interview, and not in the middle of it. That being said, I have to respect the fact that they were very upfront when they realized their oversight, and did not string me along. Still, it was disappointing as I could have nailed that job.

Interview Question – ----tell us about your education----   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2013.

Interview Details – Really strait forward. Standard questions

Interview Question – none, it was an on campus interview   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I needed to take a class during the summer

Upstream Research Scientist Interview

Upstream Research Scientist

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Interview Details – Meet the recruitment team at campus career fair and submitted my resume. Got phone call for a on campus interview. A research scientist interviewed me for 30 minuets. Most of them are behavior based question. Asked me questions on my resume and past projects.

Interview Question – Behavior based questions.
Describe a problems you encountered in the past and how did you handle it.
If your current research funding is cut what would you do?
  Answer Question