ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

NONE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baytown, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

1 Interview in 2010 for Baytown, TX site. Questions had a lot to do with Tell me about a time when......I recommend making a list of your own questions and practice answering fast, because you will me sweating bullets so know what comes out of your mouth before it does.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did something unsafe.   1 Answer

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Berkeley, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Exxon Mobil was recruiting at my university; applied on the university's job board and got called back for an interview a week later. Business formal attire, did not get the position. All behavioral; this interview is meant to test you as a person

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite class so far? What is your least favorite and why?   Answer Question

Geophysicist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

AAPG meeting in Houston. Poster presentation and some recruiters came to mine. Then, I got selected for face to face interview the next day. During the interview, the recruiter asked technical questions about my research project and 3-4 behavioral questions: 1) most difficult situation; example,2) challenging situation; example, 3) any issues with coworkers; example.

Pricing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baytown, TX).

Interview

the process is stringent and laborious. I don't think there have to be 4 separate interviews to identify if a candidate is worthy of a job offer. Clearly the need for minorities is represented in the hiring practices.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I applied with campus recruiting and had an on-campus interview. The interview was lengthy, about an hour long, and consisted mostly of behavioral questions and elaborating on things listed in my resume. I heard back from them in about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• No question was excessively difficult, it is useful to know the S.T.A.R. method for approaching the behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in HarbourFront (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (HarbourFront (Singapore)) in October 2014.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews, First round with 2 interviewers, Second round with management. At the first round interview, questions asked were mostly resume based and on your past experiences, and institutional based questions. Interview lasted about 30-40 mins. At the end of the interview, will be asked on area of interest within the business unit should you be hired, therefore have to be familiar with different areas.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had difficult working with your teammates   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

Interview

I was told to speak with them at the career fair by a recruiter. Immediately was scheduled an on campus interview. This was basic STAR questions. Then received a phone call from a manager to see if I would be interested in her department. I flown down for an on site interview. The first night was dinner with a new engineer. The next day was very long and you had to be on your game at all times. I had two technical interviews. They want you to be crazy smart, personable, but also like the people in the department. It took at least a month for me to hear back.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in December 2014.

Interview

Very lengthy and extensive interview process. At my school, only a few students received an on-campus interview. This was a 1:1 behavioral interview. About 7 weeks later, I got a call to schedule a 2nd round phone interview. A week after the 2nd round, I was invited to the 3rd round on-site interview at the refinery. The company flew me out, and the first night was an informal dinner with exxonmobil engineers. This is a time for you to get to know the people you'll possibly be working with. And it's also a time to show them that you'd be a great person to be around. The next day was the real deal - I was onsite at the refinery for about 6 hours, where I went through 3 interviews, a refinery tour, and a lunch with a few other engineers. Of the 3 interviews, 1 was technical, 1 was on soft skills, and the last was behavioral. Although the on-site interview was lengthy, it's important to keep your interview hat on the entire time. A week after my onsite, I was offered a position. Some tips for the application process, know EXACTLY whether you want to work downstream or upstream. And know EXACTLY whether you want to pursue the managerial or technical track. The Exxonmobil reps want to be sure you know exactly what you are interested in, and be sure to stick with it throughout the entire interview process. They don't want someone who's unsure of what they want to do. Also, be personable. Everyone I met throughout my interviews was very smart but also personable. It helps to be very articulate as well, because they like good communicators. And be sure to ask as many questions as you can because it'll show a genuine interest. Ask questions that are intelligent and job specific.

Interview Questions

• An ethical situation that you faced? Managerial or technical? What class did you dislike the most?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Went to a career fair my university hosted and gave them my resume. I applied on the career center website and the ExxonMobil website. I got an interview 2 weeks later. The interview was pleasant but I had an ominous feeling about it as soon as I walked in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were promised a resource and did not get it. How did you continue the project without the resource?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through careers site for a new grad position. Interview took place on campus and involved two employees who would I would not be working with if I gained the position. This was only the first round of the interviewing process and I was told the second round would take place with someone I would work with and would have more technical information. Questions were all behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had to sacrifice quality to complete a task.   Answer Question