ExxonMobil

ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

Intern Interview

On campus interview. Followed by a phone interview. Trip to Houston to interview for interns.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest failure and how did you respond ?   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

The process was through campus interview. The interview was pleasant - very little technical questions and mainly about PhD dissertation

Finance Graduate Interview

Telephone Interview:
    1. Usually, there are more than one approach to the problem. Give an example of such times and explain the reasons for your choice.
    2. Give an example when you have seen a trend or pattern while your peer haven’t.
    3. Example of a time when you have to adapt your style.
    4. An example of a time when you have to change priority
    5. A time when there are not enough information for you to make a decision. How did you do this?
    6. A time when you were really frustrated

Finance Internship Interview

One round of interview

IT Graduate Program Interview

Jut usually, two rounds, at first you talk with two manager, if it is ok, you can go to the AC (whole day long tests and team activities)

Interview Questions
    • Was there a time, at you not done the appropriate way what you wanted?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – During the interview process, I spoke with 5 individuals asking questions about the work that I had done in the past. The questions were geared toward my background knowledge in the area that I was applying to. The employees were trying to guage my work ethic and my experience to decide if I would be a good fit for their team.

Got an another offer

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

First round interview with 2 ExxonMobil employees who had been with the company for 5 years. Asked for several examples for the one question

Interview Questions
    • give an example of conflict when you were a team leader?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Did not have hard interviews, until it was the last interview. Already had experience in the position they were looking for. They want leaders and people who will help the company grow in the direction of leadership (i.e. against all competitors).
    Had a friendly recruiter and they took us out to dinner before the main on-campus interview.
    No presentations either.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you did not get your way and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Interview was very laid back. The manager asked basic behavioral questions, nothing to technical. They wanted to make sure I understand ethics and the importance of working in a tea environment.

No negotiation

Technical Intern Interview

Informed of interview one week before by phone and email. 3 Interviewers, interview lasts around half an hour. They are basically looking for people with interest to work with the company for long term. Usually they'll ask one technical question, but I didn't get any.

No negotiation