ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

Engineer Interview

Interview

Did not have hard interviews, until it was the last interview. Already had experience in the position they were looking for. They want leaders and people who will help the company grow in the direction of leadership (i.e. against all competitors). Had a friendly recruiter and they took us out to dinner before the main on-campus interview. No presentations either.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you did not get your way and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

The process was through campus interview. The interview was pleasant - very little technical questions and mainly about PhD dissertation

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Excellent process

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

only got to first round

Interview Questions

• really ambiguous questions goes over your resume in depth   Answer Question

Facilities Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Multi-step interview process includes on-campus info session and interview, phone interview, and on-location interviews. EM does not specify job location and description until several months before start date - employees expected to accept a job based on company standing and lifetime career goals. Competitive interview and hiring process. Difficult to understand how one may fit into the confusing company structure.

Interview Questions

• Questions seemed similar to all foundational interviews - i.e. Describe a difficult work experience you've faced and how you mitigated the outcome; give examples of your various roles on different teams; what have you learned from working with other people on projects, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was not an option - recruiter said that EM very rarely adjusts their offer.

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

Already had industry experience. Knew the hiring manager. Interview was not difficult.

Engineering Intern Interview

Interview

I applied online while the company was doing interviews at my school's career fair. I had an in person behavioral (not technical) interview followed by a short phone interview. I was then offered a job.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lagos (Nigeria)

Interview

Interview was with in-line supervisors and managers, questions where basically personal and career proficiency based

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had problem with a co-worker?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Technical Intern Interview

Interview

Informed of interview one week before by phone and email. 3 Interviewers, interview lasts around half an hour. They are basically looking for people with interest to work with the company for long term. Usually they'll ask one technical question, but I didn't get any.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Metallurgist Interview

Interview

interview went great. but apparently no positions open anymore