ExxonMobil

Average Difficulty
264 candidate interviews

Accountant Interview

Accountant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – Interview Details – During the interview process, I spoke with 5 individuals asking questions about the work that I had done in the past. The questions were geared toward my background knowledge in the area that I was applying to. The employees were trying to guage my work ethic and my experience to decide if I would be a good fit for their team.

Reason for Declining – Got an another offer

Technical Intern Interview

Technical Intern

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – Informed of interview one week before by phone and email. 3 Interviewers, interview lasts around half an hour. They are basically looking for people with interest to work with the company for long term. Usually they'll ask one technical question, but I didn't get any.

Interview Question – Did you apply to SHELL for intern.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – Did not have hard interviews, until it was the last interview. Already had experience in the position they were looking for. They want leaders and people who will help the company grow in the direction of leadership (i.e. against all competitors).
Had a friendly recruiter and they took us out to dinner before the main on-campus interview.
No presentations either.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you did not get your way and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Lab Technician

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – Interview was very laid back. The manager asked basic behavioral questions, nothing to technical. They wanted to make sure I understand ethics and the importance of working in a tea environment.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

On Campus Recruiting for PhD Interview

On Campus Recruiting for PhD

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – Selected for on campus interview. 45 minute interview. Had to explain my research work in detail. Kept asking questions.

Interview Question – Questions were basic only. As long as you knew your work no issues what so ever   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – It was behavioral interview at college. basic common questions that you would encounter. but didn't get the position tho.

Interview Question – one tech question. about how to troubleshoot a process.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – Excellent process

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – I applied online while the company was doing interviews at my school's career fair. I had an in person behavioral (not technical) interview followed by a short phone interview. I was then offered a job.

Interview Question – Just your stereotypical interview questions.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – 1+ Hour - 1:2 , Behavioral

Interview Question – Tell us about the time you failed to accomplish a task.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – One interview with 2 managers