ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2014.

Interview

Submit online application, wait for arount 2 weeks. Get a call from HR for a face-face interview. The interview took less than a hour. Get an offer after less 1 week.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2011.

Interview

the interview is only one round. The interviewers are a panel of managers from different technology department. more behavioral rather than technical questions will be asked. The questions are mainly based on the your experience on your resume.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if a team member does not do the work   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Basically ran through my resume and asked a couple behavioral question like tell me about time when you had to convince a team that you were working with to do something

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2014.

Interview

Talked about pass experience and question HOD (3rd-world supervisor) of work culture and was assured that guidance will be strongly extended to work well... its just word but in actual fact guidance is very very low.

Interview Questions

• Lets talk about your pass job? Brief me about your last 2 job of your handling?   1 Answer
    • What did YOU ask the employer in the interview? I understand that EM is an engineering-base environment, are most of the staff technically trained because I am NOT as I have only coordinate repair & fix, I needed guidance and may ask a lot of questions to get work done well. Who are the people I will be working with? Will help be found easily? (Actually outcome at work is so unpleasant.)   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fawley, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Fawley, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

EMEC event. Weekend of team building exercises in New Forest, Hampshire. Telephone interview - basic competency questions Face-to-face interview, 1 on 1 with a manager. Competency questions, all starting with "give an example of a time..."

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were pressured to do something you didn't want to   Answer Question

GREF Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Standard competency interview but strongly directed towards work experience rather than academic or extra curricular experiences. Frustrating to be told that they didn't want to hear any more of one aspect of my experience which I felt was more relevant to the question asked. I guess looking for a very specific type of candidate

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with being told what to do by authority figures?   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very straight-forward. Basically reviewed my resume and asked me questions about particular experiences/ skills. Overall discussed the company and why it's a good fit/ why do I want to work there. We talked about the office/ facilities available to employees.

Procurement Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I first met the recruiting team through a campus networking event. After establishing an initial rapport with the team, I was invited to participate in an on-campus interview. As far as I know, I was the only graduate student to receive an invite. The majority of candidates were undergraduates from the Supply Chain department. The first interview was entirely behavioral based. Lots of questions asking for examples of situations to assess my skills, character, and previous experiences . I found this first interview very straightforward and similar to other screening interviews. A few days later, I received an invitation to interview at the new ExxonMobil campus outside of Houston, TX. A driver picked me up from the airpot and took me to a nice hotel near the ExxonMobil campus. That night the company treated me to a very nice dinner. I was very pleased with the no-pressure conversational tone of the dinner, and I was truly able to enjoy myself. The next morning, I was taken to the new campus where interviews started promptly at 8AM. I met with a variety of employees for 45 minute to 1 hour sessions. These interviews focused primarily on assessing my fit with the company culture. It was clear that my credentials were not in question at this point. The interviews continued until late into the afternoon with a break for lunch. The overall atmosphere was very relaxed, informative, and conversational and unlike any other second round interviews I have ever experienced. I hesitate to characterize the interview process as easy, but compared to the high pressure atmosphere of other interviews, I found the process at ExxonMobil considerably more casual. I was thoroughly impressed with the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about ExxonMobil.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2013.

Interview

it was a short interview about 30mins with three process engineers, alot of behaviour questions and your motivations. be prepared with answering a few technical questions to test your understanding. overall its a good experience, interviewers are friendly.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus career fair, went to first round interview where they asked mostly behavioral questions, wanted to see if you have leadership qualities. Did not get second round interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to get everyone on a team's buy in.   Answer Question