ExxonMobil

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2013.

Interview Details – Really strait forward. Standard questions

Interview Question – none, it was an on campus interview   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I needed to take a class during the summer

Upstream Research Scientist Interview

Upstream Research Scientist

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Interview Details – Meet the recruitment team at campus career fair and submitted my resume. Got phone call for a on campus interview. A research scientist interviewed me for 30 minuets. Most of them are behavior based question. Asked me questions on my resume and past projects.

Interview Question – Behavior based questions.
Describe a problems you encountered in the past and how did you handle it.
If your current research funding is cut what would you do?
  Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Chemical Engineer Interview

Chemical Engineer
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Interview Details – Dropped my resume off at our campus career fair. Received a call and scheduled an on campus interview with one of their recruiters. Basic behavioral interview that lasted approximately one hour. The majority of the interview was spend discussing my prior internships, extra curricular activities, and research. Received a call about a week later and scheduled an on site interview for the following week. The on site interview included five interviews: two behavioral with supervisors, one technical with a technical expert, one with HR, and one with an executive. The whole day ran from about 7-2 including lunch with new hires and breakfast with a host. Received an offer two days later. The whole process took about 3 weeks from initial interview to offer letter.

Interview Question – Explain periods of unemployment or lack of involvement in organizations. What were you doing during that time?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate because compensation was far superior to competition.

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Senior Research Scientist

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – I was selected for a campus interview. I was asked to describe my research background, no behavior question.

Interview Question – All technique questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – On campus interview. The interviewer was really nice and patient. We talked a lot about the coursework and the research experience I had within the past few years. I have really a lot of diverse and interesting research opportunities. After the interview, I haven't heard from them for the next round.

Interview Question – I would say it is pretty technical. The interviewer knows a lot about what he is dealing with, and I tried to sell my research ideas as much as possible.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2013.

Interview Details – I went through a recruiter at a hiring conference. I was interviewing for 3 potential positions. Based on my preferences of big/small city, office/refinery, travel, etc... That narrowed down what specific position they would interview for. All three interviewers were polite/professional, and got right to the point.

I was not selected for an on site follow on interview.

They were primarily looking for leadership/project management.

They asked about my strengths, I said I was analytical and they asked for an example where I applied it.

Interview Question – What's your most significant leadership accomplishment?   Answer Question

GREF Interview

GREF

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – One Campus interview- about 30 minutes. Mostly all behavioral questions. I think my interview went ok but I was under the impression from the start that Exxon rarely hires for the GREF department but will still sometimes "check out" a candidate. I wasnt even interviewing for a specific position, just the GREF dept in general which is why you'll notice I listed a department for as the job title.

Interview Question – over coming challenges with a team mate.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my application on the University's carrer link and then got a campus interview, lasting about 30-40 mins. Based on the resume, asking some behavioral questions, such as the most challenge task, how to work as a team player. The interviewer is nice, but I got no offer after one week.

Interview Question – behavioral questions, such as the most challenge task, how to work as a team player.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – Campus interview, phone-interview, and 1 day site interview with multiple current employees.

Interview Question – The questions weren't overly difficult. It was more geared to ensuring the personality and interests matched the company.   Answer Question

Computer Engineering Summer Intern Interview

Computer Engineering Summer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – The man who interviewed me was very easy to talk with. The initial interview had multiple personality questions. How did you handle a tough situation? When was there a point where you had to complete a task without the resources needed to finish? The interview was an hour long. It took about a month and a half to hear back from them on a job offer. However, because the interns from my college were coming back for another summer, they were unable to offer me a position.

Interview Question – When was there a point where you had to complete a task without the resources needed to complete the task?   Answer Question