ExxonMobil

264 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chemical Engineer Interview

Chemical Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – Job was listed on University's career website where I applied during my senior year.
There was an on campus interview followed by a brief telephone informal interview. I was invited to worksite interview during the phone call.
Onsite interview was done by 5 Engineers with different levels of experience.
It took a whole day to get through all the interviews.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions related to how one fits in a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations

Very Easy Interview

Cataloging Assistant Interview

Cataloging Assistant
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – There was no interview. Kelly Services found me on CareerBuilder and hired me.

Interview Question – There were none.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I got hired for a cheap $12 an hour... they worked me like crazy and eventually I moved up to $15.

Network Analyst Interview

Network Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – interviewed as contractor, so it might be different for full time employees, one round.

Interview Question – Nothing, if you know your stuff its a straight forward interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NA

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marketing Consultant Interview

Marketing Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ExxonMobil in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was excited about this interview, as my skills seemed like a perfect match for this position. The phone interview was with two people, and they explained their positions and roles. The first question they asked was about my education. I spoke about that. Then they asked me about my work history; I was 10 minutes into that when they interrupted me and said that my education was not sufficient and they would be in touch with the recruiter.
Frankly, my education may not have been enough for them, however, they clearly did not read my resume. Any questions and concerns they had should have been addressed prior to the phone interview, and not in the middle of it. That being said, I have to respect the fact that they were very upfront when they realized their oversight, and did not string me along. Still, it was disappointing as I could have nailed that job.

Interview Question – ----tell us about your education----   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2013.

Interview Details – Really strait forward. Standard questions

Interview Question – none, it was an on campus interview   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I needed to take a class during the summer

Upstream Research Scientist Interview

Upstream Research Scientist

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Interview Details – Meet the recruitment team at campus career fair and submitted my resume. Got phone call for a on campus interview. A research scientist interviewed me for 30 minuets. Most of them are behavior based question. Asked me questions on my resume and past projects.

Interview Question – Behavior based questions.
Describe a problems you encountered in the past and how did you handle it.
If your current research funding is cut what would you do?
  Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Chemical Engineer Interview

Chemical Engineer
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Interview Details – Dropped my resume off at our campus career fair. Received a call and scheduled an on campus interview with one of their recruiters. Basic behavioral interview that lasted approximately one hour. The majority of the interview was spend discussing my prior internships, extra curricular activities, and research. Received a call about a week later and scheduled an on site interview for the following week. The on site interview included five interviews: two behavioral with supervisors, one technical with a technical expert, one with HR, and one with an executive. The whole day ran from about 7-2 including lunch with new hires and breakfast with a host. Received an offer two days later. The whole process took about 3 weeks from initial interview to offer letter.

Interview Question – Explain periods of unemployment or lack of involvement in organizations. What were you doing during that time?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate because compensation was far superior to competition.

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Senior Research Scientist

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – I was selected for a campus interview. I was asked to describe my research background, no behavior question.

Interview Question – All technique questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – On campus interview. The interviewer was really nice and patient. We talked a lot about the coursework and the research experience I had within the past few years. I have really a lot of diverse and interesting research opportunities. After the interview, I haven't heard from them for the next round.

Interview Question – I would say it is pretty technical. The interviewer knows a lot about what he is dealing with, and I tried to sell my research ideas as much as possible.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2013.

Interview Details – I went through a recruiter at a hiring conference. I was interviewing for 3 potential positions. Based on my preferences of big/small city, office/refinery, travel, etc... That narrowed down what specific position they would interview for. All three interviewers were polite/professional, and got right to the point.

I was not selected for an on site follow on interview.

They were primarily looking for leadership/project management.

They asked about my strengths, I said I was analytical and they asked for an example where I applied it.

Interview Question – What's your most significant leadership accomplishment?   Answer Question