ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2013.

Receive interview invitation through campus application.
    The whole interview for me at that time is not easy.
    A lot of questions regarding "why", "how"....

Interview Questions
    • Based on my personal characteristics, the interviewers asked me a lot. And most of the questions are regarding to what i have told them.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2013.

applied through school's career website and online, process took 2 weeks, and another 2 weeks to hear back from them

Interview Questions
    • what is the most difficult thing you've ever accomplished so far?   Answer Question

NONE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baytown, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil in July 2010.

1 Interview in 2010 for Baytown, TX site. Questions had a lot to do with Tell me about a time when......I recommend making a list of your own questions and practice answering fast, because you will me sweating bullets so know what comes out of your mouth before it does.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did something unsafe.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2012.

The hiring process started with attending a college Career Fair and speaking with a representative about my resume. Then, I filled out an application online and received an invitation to an interview. After accepting the interview, I was invited to a company information session.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when halfway through a project, the resources you had were no longer available.   Answer Question

Refinery Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil in February 2012.

The interview is quite difficult. First they want to make sure you know how to explain previous experience clearly and concisely.Secondly they as many personality questions. And thirdly they make sure you are fit to their employees by asking you personal questions.

Interview Questions
    • Explain what is the most difficult project you had to finish at your previous job?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Applied online through college's career services website and was given an interview before the annual career fair.

The interview consisted mainly of behavioral questions, 'tell about a time you...' and lasted over an hour. The representative I met with was very professional and a little stuffy, but some of the others seemed to be joking around with their interviewees. Exxon went through many interviews. In the hour-long timeslot there were around 5 interviews being held simultaneously in different rooms, and spread that across 5 days of interviewing.

Most of the questions they asked had to deal with my previous work on projects, so I would recommend having something to talk about on that end. As I applied just entering my sophomore year, I really only had a simple freshman design project to talk about, so I think somebody who has had previous internship/project experience would do well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when didn't have the capital necessary to complete a project. How did you react and what did you do to work around it?   Answer Question

Geophysicist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

AAPG meeting in Houston. Poster presentation and some recruiters came to mine. Then, I got selected for face to face interview the next day. During the interview, the recruiter asked technical questions about my research project and 3-4 behavioral questions: 1) most difficult situation; example,2) challenging situation; example, 3) any issues with coworkers; example.

Lubricants Marketing and Supply Chain Management (Procurement) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norman, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

It was an on-campus interview. Information session was arranged before the interview dates, where students could learn more about the company and meet the interviewer. The interview was pretty detailed, behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most and least favorite class throughout the college career?   Answer Question

Corporate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil in August 2008.

The interview process was great from beginning to end. I was picked up at the airport in a black town car with tinted windows and taken to a nice hotel. There was a casual group dinner the evening before, and the food was delicious. Upon arriving for the interview, I was assigned an escort who took me from interview to interview. The interview process was difficult, however it was enjoyable and I was treated with respect throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • There were many questions around strategic thinking. Be prepared to provide multiple examples of your strategic thinking capabilities   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in August 2010.

The interview was great. I felt very comfortable with the interviews and employees that I interacted with. I was very excited about the opportunity to work for Exxon. The interview wasn't too difficult because of how open the interviewers were. There were behavioral and technical questions involved.

Interview Questions
    • Conflict Resolution: describe a time when you and another person on your team didnt agree or had a conflict. Explain how you dealt with that situation.   View Answer