ExxonMobil Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2014
Updated Aug 14, 2014
264 interviews

Intenship Upstream Research Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Lot of behavioral questions...Very few technical questions...difficult situation faced..priority changed suddenly and how did you meet those ...team work...conflict with teammate and so on..

Interview Questions
    • Name two situation where you motivated a team which was not performing well   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

For intern recruitment: there are 3 managers and 1 HR who interview me. The process is quite relaxing. At the begining, self-intro and resume-based questions are asked. After that, technical questions like: what is stress and strain curve for different materials are asked. Other than this, it's just like chatting.

Exploration Geophysicist Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 5 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

I had to pursue interviewers at academic and professional conferences in order to get a first interview. The conference interview is about 30 min to 1 hr and covers your interests and where you would fit into the company. The second interview came about 6 weeks later and was a site visit. I gave a research focused job talk and met with 6-7 interviews - mostly managers and supervisors. This was much less formal than I anticipated (with the exception of the talk) and was mostly just friendly discussions, behavioral interview questions, and a chance for me to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the interview was fielding questions at the end of my job talk. It was clear that the industry and academic focuses were different so I recommend thinking about your talk from the industry perspective if you are coming from academia.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – During the interview process, I spoke with 5 individuals asking questions about the work that I had done in the past. The questions were geared toward my background knowledge in the area that I was applying to. The employees were trying to guage my work ethic and my experience to decide if I would be a good fit for their team.

Got an another offer

IT Project Manager Interview

Hired from college. They only hire college graduates in the IT Company. Onsite interview. Second interview consist of a few interviews onsite. The interview process was pretty easy going. They are interviewing you to see if you fit in the exxonmobil culture. Your grades and activities shows whether are not you can do the work.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember. IT was a pretty easy going interview   Answer Question

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Most hiring is done on campus. Few experienced hire positions offered. Typically a day of on site interviews with dinner with a host the night before. Behavioral questions and the star method are used to determine organizational fit, analytical capability, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral questions are asked. Be sure to come prepared with examples and stories of your accomplishments.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Mostly behavior questions on campus, then technical questions on phone later.

Engineer Interview

Campus interview, phone-interview, and 1 day site interview with multiple current employees.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't overly difficult. It was more geared to ensuring the personality and interests matched the company.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Behavioral interview with one round of questions

Intern Interview

Very kind people there at Exxon Mobil. Interviewing process from my university was greatly appreciated as an opportunity to get into the field of oil and gas. I first interviewed in a general interview and then I had a second interview in which a facility called me and gave me another interview.