ExxonMobil

Average Difficulty
260 candidate interviews

Facilities Engineer Interview

Facilities Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – Multi-step interview process includes on-campus info session and interview, phone interview, and on-location interviews. EM does not specify job location and description until several months before start date - employees expected to accept a job based on company standing and lifetime career goals. Competitive interview and hiring process. Difficult to understand how one may fit into the confusing company structure.

Interview Question – Questions seemed similar to all foundational interviews - i.e. Describe a difficult work experience you've faced and how you mitigated the outcome; give examples of your various roles on different teams; what have you learned from working with other people on projects, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was not an option - recruiter said that EM very rarely adjusts their offer.

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – I applied online while the company was doing interviews at my school's career fair. I had an in person behavioral (not technical) interview followed by a short phone interview. I was then offered a job.

Interview Question – Just your stereotypical interview questions.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – The interview was all personality based questions. No technical questions whatsoever. They were very interested in what part of Exxon I wanted to work with.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Reservoir Engineer
Lagos (Nigeria)

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – Interview was with in-line supervisors and managers, questions where basically personal and career proficiency based

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had problem with a co-worker?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Chemical Engineer Intern Interview

Chemical Engineer Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – In all of their pages you can find: "ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer." Yet, they do not accept applications from engineering student studying at California State Universities, as if the higher tuition defines higher knowledge. Very disappointing.

Interview Question – In all of their pages you can find: "ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer." Yet, they do not accept applications from engineering student studying at California State Universities, as if the higher tuition defines higher knowledge. Very disappointing.   Answer Question

Technical Intern Interview

Technical Intern

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – Informed of interview one week before by phone and email. 3 Interviewers, interview lasts around half an hour. They are basically looking for people with interest to work with the company for long term. Usually they'll ask one technical question, but I didn't get any.

Interview Question – Did you apply to SHELL for intern.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Metallurgist Interview

Metallurgist

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – interview went great. but apparently no positions open anymore

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – The first round interview consists of 5 behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to reach a goal but had insufficient resources.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – They brought me in for an interview after I had applied for an on campus interview. The interview was an hour long and I talked one on one with my interviewer. The questions I was asked were mostly behavioral - what was the biggest challenge you've faced in a project that you have worked on, what are you biggest strengths and biggest weaknesses, etc. I was not asked any technical questions. They let me know I would be receiving an answer about whether or not I was chosen for a second interview within 2 weeks and were very cordial.

Interview Question – Explain, in detail, a project you've worked on where you had to work through difficulties and how you overcame them.   Answer Question

Process Specialist Interview

Process Specialist

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – overall the questions were not tough, more were based on past experience and people skills.

Interview Question – what makes a good negotiator?   Answer Question