ExxonMobil

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
258 candidate interviews

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – Applied online through school. Got an on campus interview.

Interview Question – Just asked about basic heat and mass transfer and thermodynamics.   Answer Question

Technical Graduate Interview

Technical Graduate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruitment. They will first filter the resumes and invite selected individuals to career talk. Next followed by two rounds of interview.

Interview Question – How can you apply what you have learnt in your modules in your future role?   Answer Question

Interview Details – Behavioral interview with one round of questions

Interview Question – simple questions. be yourself   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – The interview was all personality based questions. No technical questions whatsoever. They were very interested in what part of Exxon I wanted to work with.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – Online application process - including: had to insert all grades I have received at university.
Numeracy and diagrammatic reason tests online. - I found this very time limited but no more than expected.
Telephone interview - ~30 minutes long and completely competency based

I was declined after this stage

The next stage would be a face-face interview for the particular position I was applying for (or an assessment centre for other positions)

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you have used numerical reasoning   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Intern Interview

Chemical Engineer Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – In all of their pages you can find: "ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer." Yet, they do not accept applications from engineering student studying at California State Universities, as if the higher tuition defines higher knowledge. Very disappointing.

Interview Question – In all of their pages you can find: "ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer." Yet, they do not accept applications from engineering student studying at California State Universities, as if the higher tuition defines higher knowledge. Very disappointing.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – The interviewer did not ask very technical questions. They were more like: "when was a time you had a challenge and how did you face it?", "describe a time you had to teach someone something", "describe a time you had to communicate with authority so they would accept your proposal/idea." ,etc.

Interview Question – He really wanted to know what position I wanted (upstream or downstream) and why. Make sure you know the answer to this question beforehand (do some research).   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – Campus interview, phone-interview, and 1 day site interview with multiple current employees.

Interview Question – The questions weren't overly difficult. It was more geared to ensuring the personality and interests matched the company.   Answer Question

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – Very kind people there at Exxon Mobil. Interviewing process from my university was greatly appreciated as an opportunity to get into the field of oil and gas. I first interviewed in a general interview and then I had a second interview in which a facility called me and gave me another interview.

Interview Question – What makes you different from other engineers?   Answer Question

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Senior Research Scientist

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – I was selected for a campus interview. I was asked to describe my research background, no behavior question.

Interview Question – All technique questions.   Answer Question