ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

They brought me in for an interview after I had applied for an on campus interview. The interview was an hour long and I talked one on one with my interviewer. The questions I was asked were mostly behavioral - what was the biggest challenge you've faced in a project that you have worked on, what are you biggest strengths and biggest weaknesses, etc. I was not asked any technical questions. They let me know I would be receiving an answer about whether or not I was chosen for a second interview within 2 weeks and were very cordial.

Interview Questions

• Explain, in detail, a project you've worked on where you had to work through difficulties and how you overcame them.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

The first round interview consists of 5 behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to reach a goal but had insufficient resources.   Answer Question

Process Specialist Interview

Interview

overall the questions were not tough, more were based on past experience and people skills.

IT Graduate Program Interview

Interview

Jut usually, two rounds, at first you talk with two manager, if it is ok, you can go to the AC (whole day long tests and team activities)

Interview Questions

• Was there a time, at you not done the appropriate way what you wanted?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

nterview Details – applied at their website, have a campuse interview, waiting for their feedback Interview Question – all was usual STAR questions... Have multiple examples in mind for each of the above. Internet research will provide loads of behavior based interview example questions. Try to mention safety. Focus on your contribution. Use the situation, issues, action model.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I first applied through campus career fair. I then received an email invitation to an on-campus interview. The interview itself is mostly behavioral although there were brief discussions on academic achievements and research interests.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer wanted to know how I deal with difficult people   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Lot of behavioral questions...Very few technical questions...difficult situation faced..priority changed suddenly and how did you meet those ...team work...conflict with teammate and so on..

Interview Questions

• Name two situation where you motivated a team which was not performing well   Answer Question

URC Summer Intern Interview

Interview

Submitted my resume through campus career fair. Got the interview a few weeks later. The interview lasted about 45 minutes with basic behavioral questions, like how to you handle deadlines, what is your expertise, describe your research experience and etc. Generally an easy interview. But I was told at the beginning that this is their informational interview, not job specific.

Interview Questions

• How do you persuade your colleagues when you have different opinions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Selected for on campus interview. 45 minute interview. Had to explain my research work in detail. Kept asking questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions were basic only. As long as you knew your work no issues what so ever   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Very well organized from the start to the finish. interviewed on campus. site visit arranged. stayed at hotel night before and had dinner with one of the people on the team. next morning had breakfast with another person on the team. had 4 interviews in the morning, lunch with another person on the team, then three more interviews.

Interview Questions

• I can't really remember anything difficult question or unexpected one. I did need to repeat myself several times as some of the same questions were asked in the 7 different interviews. I never talked so much before and was thirsty.   Answer Question