ExxonMobil Interview Questions

2.9

Geoscience Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

There was one interview only. The structure was half discussion about items on my resume and half STAR questions. The interviewer wrote down almost every response I had, and also took notes about my attire, smiling, general disposition. He wrote almost 2 pages of notes in the hour session. He gave me a combination of specific situation questions and open-ended questions that allowed me to talk about any achievement or experience I had in mind. Some people warned me that my particular interviewer was very mechanical or impersonal, but I felt he was very professional and was personal enough. I really enjoyed speaking with him.

Interview Questions
    • After a set of specific questions, he asked: "Ok now while I write down some notes, I'd like to come up with a few items that we may have missed. Anything at all you want to mention."   View Answer
    No negotiation for the internship offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beaumont, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2013.

I applied for an internship on the company's website and via NSBE through a scholarship opportunity. I was contacted by the Baton Rouge location within about 3 weeks after submitting an application. The process of setting up a phone interview took about a week. During the interview I was asked questions such as past leadership roles, most liked/disliked subject and why, and future goals and interests. I didn't hear back from Exxon for almost an entire two months. Then out of the blue, I was contacted by the Exxon Beaumont location so set up another interview. I was asked similar questions during this phone interview. Another 2 weeks passed by then I was asked if I would like to accept an offer to intern during the summer. This entire process (day of application submission to receiving an offer) lasted from October to December.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Antwerp (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antwerp (Belgium)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil in March 2014.

The interview took place at the antwerp refinery. Basic interview questions were asked to see if I have the right attitude to work for exxon. Why exxon? Give a situation in life where you had to make a tough decision? Have you also applied somewhere else? Are you a good team-player, show with an example. interview took 40 minutes

Interview Questions
    • set up a mathematical formula for the number of diagonals in polygon.   Answer Question

Procurement Assistant ( Intern ) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil in April 2012.

The interview was conducted by two supervisors. In the beginning, it is the self-introduction followed by answering the questions from your resume. The talk is quite casual and interviewers are very nice. The entire interview takes about 1 hour to finish.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in procurement department as you are an engineering student?   View Answer
    N.A.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Exxon Mobil was recruiting at my university; applied on the university's job board and got called back for an interview a week later. Business formal attire, did not get the position. All behavioral; this interview is meant to test you as a person

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite class so far? What is your least favorite and why?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

If you interview at campus you get offer to visit and get hosted by relatively new employee. Then you sen he day doing 3-4 interviews. These will typically be by one second line supervisor, a senior technical, department head, and finally business manager. If you do great you can get a spot offer.

Interview Questions
    • During these site visits the managers get to ask whatever they want. Some keep it to conversation and some may choose to do a situational interview.   Answer Question
    As a new hire not sure how much negotiation one will really do.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beaumont, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Flown to Beaumont, TX for an interview. HR was great taking care of all the accommodations. Interview was a full day. Talked to potential co-workers as well as potential direct supervisor and his boss. Fairly technical questions and why I wanted to move to Beaumont, etc. Thought I was a shoo-in since I have family in Beaumont, and really, who wants to move to Beaumont? However, did not get job offer.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kaplan, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kaplan, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil in January 2013.

I filled out an application and was called into the office by the manager to discuss qualifications for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very simple to understand pertaining to the job.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Took about a month from the initial interview. Asked a ton of behavioral based interview. They really want to see if you are a good fit for the company. The way the company operates is that they don't want to hire you for a job but a career. So make sure you know your resume front and back and can speak articulately about your experiences.

Gas and Power Marketing-Graduate Scheme Interview

Online tests and phone interview

Interview Questions
    • What did you do when you had to give negative feedback to someone   Answer Question