ExxonMobil

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
Clinton, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2013.

Interview Details – Interviews included a 60 min 1:1 campus interview, a 60 min phone interview, and a full day on-site interview. The on-site interview started with an HR interview followed by my 60 minute seminar. I then had 6 45 min 1:1 interviews and a site tour. The campus interviewer seemed distracted and rushed, but my other experiences were positive. Questions were both technical and behavioral.

Interview Question – I was asked to explain part of my work that was not the main focus, to determine how fully I understand the overall process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did no negotiating based on comments I saw here and by comparing my offer to a friend's offer who already works there.

Cost Engineer Interview

Cost Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – First interview was on campus, behavioral and relaxed, probably because I had a nice interviewer. I received an e-mail a week or so later letting me know that I had passed the first round of interviews and was in the pool of prospective hires that hiring managers choose from. I was contacted about 2 weeks later by a hiring manager in Baytown to gage my interest, then received an official invitation for a second on-site interview in the Baytown complex. I was taken out to dinner the night before my interview at ExxonMobil, and the next day I was taken to breakfast. It was an all-day process and I went through 4 interviews that day. Received my offer about 3 weeks after. The entire process took a little longer than other companies but that's expected from a giant like ExxonMobil, overall everyone I met was very nice and helpful throughout the entire experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you faced an ethical dilemma and had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very competitive salary, no negotiation needed

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Interview Details – First round interview for a full time position was on campus. Simple 30 minute interview with behavioral questions. About 3 months later received a phone interview and have not had it yet.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult thing you have ever done and why?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Intern Interview

Chemical Engineer Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – In all of their pages you can find: "ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer." Yet, they do not accept applications from engineering student studying at California State Universities, as if the higher tuition defines higher knowledge. Very disappointing.

Interview Question – In all of their pages you can find: "ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer." Yet, they do not accept applications from engineering student studying at California State Universities, as if the higher tuition defines higher knowledge. Very disappointing.   Answer Question

Controllers' Financial Analyst Interview

Controllers' Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2013.

Interview Details – The first interview was on campus and the second one was at the headquarter's location. Both were basically behavioral, Why ExxonMobil? and Why You? kind of questions

Interview Question – If we did not offer you a position in ExxonMobil, what will you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Do not negotiate salary but you can negotiate location

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – Very kind people there at Exxon Mobil. Interviewing process from my university was greatly appreciated as an opportunity to get into the field of oil and gas. I first interviewed in a general interview and then I had a second interview in which a facility called me and gave me another interview.

Interview Question – What makes you different from other engineers?   Answer Question

PhD On-campus Interview Interview

PhD On-campus Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – Applied through universtiy website and offered on-campus interview

Interview Question – What is the most complex problem you've met during your research and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – The interview was all personality based questions. No technical questions whatsoever. They were very interested in what part of Exxon I wanted to work with.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through my College's campus recruiting. Interviewed a week later on campus. The atmosphere was formal, but rather relaxed. I enjoyed it frankly.

Interview Question – Questions were all behavioral, nothing out of the ordinary.   View Answer

Intern Interview