ExxonMobil

260 candidate interviews

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2010.

Interview Details – EM had an info session, first interview was at my uni, one-on-one consisting of mostly behavioural questions. 2nd interview was with HR Recruiter, mostly discussion of resume. The third and fourth interviews were with specific people in the department. The third interview was very informal, general. The fourth interview was the toughest with harder behavioural questions. Once done, the recruiter called to inform me of my offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed to succeed at something, and how you coped with it.   View Answer

Engineer Internship Interview

Engineer Internship
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2010.

Interview Details – Very basic interview was asked a lot of behavioral questions. The lady who interviewed me was very nice and acted as if she wanted me to do well during the interview. All in all, the small talk conversation we had before the interview helped out a lot.

Interview Question – Name a time when you made a big descision and how did it work out.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Intership so didn't really negotiate. I did tell her I was interested in working downstream which is where I got my internship offer.

Geoscience Intern Interview

Geoscience Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2011.

Interview Details – I lobbied my university heavily to be selected for the interview. I have read on here that the interview consist mostly of competency based questions. When I met with the Exxon geologist who did the interview I found out that the entire selection process is based on your ability to show what research you have done so far and your progress toward your graduate degree.
This man has been the main recruiter for Exxon US for almost 8 years and 60% of the geoscientists in the company were hired by him. He was very nice and informative but unless you are very bright and accomplished you don't stand much of a chance.
Approximately 10% of those interviewed are considered for a summer internship. Of those interns 60% are offered positions.
Good Luck!

Interview Question – Explain your research and give me a brief description of how you have moved your research has moved forward in the past 12 months.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was great. I felt very comfortable with the interviews and employees that I interacted with. I was very excited about the opportunity to work for Exxon. The interview wasn't too difficult because of how open the interviewers were. There were behavioral and technical questions involved.

Interview Question – Conflict Resolution: describe a time when you and another person on your team didnt agree or had a conflict. Explain how you dealt with that situation.   View Answer

Aviation Fuel Undergraduate Placement Interview

Aviation Fuel Undergraduate Placement
Leatherhead, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in April 2010.

Interview Details – After the application process, asked to complete online assessments.
Then given a phone interview asking competency questions only.
Passed and went through to the face to face interview at Leatherhead. Interviewed by two persons of the Exxon aviation department. Mostly competency based questions again. Some other questions on why I wanted the opportunity.
Afterwards, shown around the site and had a 'casual' and 'informal' chat with the current undergraduate.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2011.

Interview Details – I received an interview through my departments career fair. The interview consisted of typical behavioral interview questions such as "When was the last time you were disappointed". Overall it was not a difficult interview if you come prepared.

Interview Questions

Upstream Research Interview

Upstream Research
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in January 2012.

Interview Details – Exxon panel seemed to be following a script and asked many facile questions which hardly seemed relevant for the high-level of discussion that the interview required. Interview was conducted in a tense atmosphere and it was difficult to hear many of the questions clearly. In general the seemed disinterested in probing specific qualities of the candidate are were just content to coast on auto-pilot. This was in stark contrast to my experience at other oil companies.

Interview Question – Why is the M in Makefile capitalized ?   View Answers (2)

Chemical Engineer Internship Interview

Chemical Engineer Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was your typical behavioral interview questions

Interview Question – Give me an example of when you have had to deal with conflict with a superior.   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Marketing

The process took 3 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone Interview - spent a lot of time waiting while the interviewers were working on other issues

Interview Question – Can you hold on for about 10 minutes?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

The process took 1 week - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2011.

Interview Details – Sat in a room with a recruiter and was asked a series of behavioral questions for about an hour. She asked me about a leadership experience and the details of the projects that I have worked on

Interview Question – Describe you leadership skill.   Answer Question