ExxonMobil

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Average Difficulty
260 candidate interviews

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – On campus interview. The interviewer was really nice and patient. We talked a lot about the coursework and the research experience I had within the past few years. I have really a lot of diverse and interesting research opportunities. After the interview, I haven't heard from them for the next round.

Interview Question – I would say it is pretty technical. The interviewer knows a lot about what he is dealing with, and I tried to sell my research ideas as much as possible.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – Mostly behavior questions on campus, then technical questions on phone later.

Gas and Power Marketing-Graduate Scheme Interview

Gas and Power Marketing-Graduate Scheme

Interview Details – Online tests and phone interview

Interview Question – What did you do when you had to give negative feedback to someone   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer

Interview Details – Took about a month from the initial interview. Asked a ton of behavioral based interview. They really want to see if you are a good fit for the company. The way the company operates is that they don't want to hire you for a job but a career. So make sure you know your resume front and back and can speak articulately about your experiences.

Upstream Researcher Interview

Upstream Researcher

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – I had an interview at an campus job fair. I think all PhDs got an interview opportunity. The interview are all behavior questions. the interview took question from a booklet.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you have multiple solutions/choice. which one did you take, and why?   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – Hired from college. They only hire college graduates in the IT Company. Onsite interview. Second interview consist of a few interviews onsite. The interview process was pretty easy going. They are interviewing you to see if you fit in the exxonmobil culture. Your grades and activities shows whether are not you can do the work.

Interview Question – I don't remember. IT was a pretty easy going interview   Answer Question

IT Graduate Interview

IT Graduate
Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – Required cover letter, CV, academic transcript, and online application form. 2nd stage was a phone interview asking questions about you and your interests. 3rd stage was a face to face interview with a couple of GMs. The questions in the face to face interview included: Why did you apply for this job? How do you think your extracurricular activities could apply to companies like Exxon? What does a career in IT look like to you? How have you helped to implement IT solutions in the workplace? Would you be interested in a role in project management? What will drive/motivate you when you have mundane work? This interview also included a case study

Interview Question – Most difficult and unexpected question was, what will motivate you when you have mundane work? The business case study was an inbox of emails which had to be prioritised and answered before leaving for holiday in 1 hour. It was based on a real life situation where there was a leaking oil pipe and requests to have it fixed from various stakeholders and a government department because of safety, financial, and environmental costs. Your outcome had to be presented to the GMs interviewing you.   View Answer

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Human Resources Advisor

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – Most hiring is done on campus. Few experienced hire positions offered. Typically a day of on site interviews with dinner with a host the night before. Behavioral questions and the star method are used to determine organizational fit, analytical capability, etc.

Interview Question – Typical behavioral questions are asked. Be sure to come prepared with examples and stories of your accomplishments.   Answer Question

Research Engineer (PhD) Interview

Research Engineer (PhD)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details – I got an invitation for an onsite visit. I arrived the night before the interview day and I was invited to an unofficial dinner (which I believe that it was an important part of the interview--even if they call it unofficial). The next day I gave a talk early in the morning and met with several team members and team leaders (You are expected to wake up early in the morning e.g. 7.30 am give a presentation at 9.00 am and get done with the interview at 5.00pm).

It was a very nice experience

Interview Question – Technical Questions   Answer Question

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details – I interviewed with Exxon on campus. The recruiters collected resumes at the career fair and then chose a number of candidates for a campus interview. The interview questions were mostly behavioral like tell me about a time when you took the initiative to solve a problem. Another question was tell us about a time that you had a problem with a group member and what did you do.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you run out of resources and what did you do.   Answer Question