ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil in February 2014.

3 interviews, one on university campus, one phone interview and then one on-site interview at Houston. The entire process took 4 months from first round interview to the third round on-site interview. Received an offer 2 days after my final round interview.

Interview Questions
    • No question were particularly difficult, they were all behavior type questions. Most of which were geared towards how to work in a team environment.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate, didn't need to, offer and benefits were better than other companies.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Prague (Czech Republic)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

interviewed at ExxonMobil in March 2014.

The hiring process was great just the typical contracting processes, and the interview was really nice very nice people very humanic, I felt very comfortable with them, you get a couple of questions in different situations and should answer them based of your experience of life, could be at job, school anything.

Interview Questions
    • Maybe if in my last someone did not like my job, what I did.   View Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

The hiring process was as follows 1. on site career fair interview 2. phone call interview3. on site. It is a typical behavioral interview. Exxon Mobil specifically looks for engineers with social and leadership skills with a high willingness to travel to generally anywhere. They will test you on all of these fronts.

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral question: Name a time when you had to work with a difficult person. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Easy as can be. Asked very basic questions. Why do you want to work here? What can you bring to this company that others can not?

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Was my first interview for an internship so I was not entirely sure what to expect. The interviewer was very professional - no deviation from the script. "The first question is... The second question is..." No real interaction/conversation between the two of us. Strictly questions and answers. All of the questions were behavioral, but I didn't have any experience at the time.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you demonstrated yourself as a leader in a culturally diverse environment? Tell me about a time where you resolved a conflict between you and a coworker?   Answer Question

Entry Level Chemical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Had a first round interview on campus. Interviewed at a plant about 2.5 weeks later. Had four interviews at the plant, including one technical interview.

Told me they'd call me back in two weeks to let me know either way. Never heard back. Had to contact my on-campus interviewer to see where I stood. Never sent me my reimbursement back.

Interview Questions
    • During the technical interview, my programming proficiency was tested. Interviewer handed me a piece of white paper and told me to write a program that did ________.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Mostly behavior questions on campus, then technical questions on phone later.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in March 2011.

They came to the career fair at my university. I got selected to go to the first round of interviews. They look for experience, and ask questions how past experience or past situations and how you dealt with it. There were three different people interviewing during the interview. They would all ask questions.

Chemical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Job was listed on University's career website where I applied during my senior year.
    There was an on campus interview followed by a brief telephone informal interview. I was invited to worksite interview during the phone call.
    Onsite interview was done by 5 Engineers with different levels of experience.
    It took a whole day to get through all the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions related to how one fits in a team.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiations

Cataloging Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

There was no interview. Kelly Services found me on CareerBuilder and hired me.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. I got hired for a cheap $12 an hour... they worked me like crazy and eventually I moved up to $15.