ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2014
Updated Sep 27, 2014

2.9

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2013.

Simple behavioral style interview. Consisted of 3 or 4 for questions and a basic description of ExxonMobil. Lasted about 45 minutes

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you worked in a team and one team member was difficult to work with, and what did you do to handle it?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2013.

I went to career fair in the University. Got an invitation through emial for interview. They had a company info session the night before the interview. The interview only last about ten to fifteen minutes. Only four questions, all behavioral. Name a time when you come up with an unique solution.

PhD On Campus Recruiting Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2013.

It was on Campus interview. I applied through university career service online and then filled out application on Exxonmobil.com. The interview was about one hour. Most questions are about the research I have done for my PhD. Only about 5-6 behavior questions in the whole process. I was told that they would contact me in a week or two. However, I never heard from them since then. I guess I did get the opportunity to the next round.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me when there are multiple solutions to one problem, how did you decide which solution to go to   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Campus Interview with behavioral based interview. Interviewers difficult to read; asked many questions and many follow up questions.

Interview Questions
    • They had a large notebook full of questions, so it is difficult to remember what they ask. I had six behavorial based stories, and I went through all of them AND had to give an unrehearsed one on the spot. Be prepared; ultimately, it comes down to fit.   Answer Question
    No Negation.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Talked to campus recruiter and got an on campus interview a couple weeks later. This interview was more situational... Tell me about a time when... Then got invited to a site interview a couple days after the first interview. This interview was a round robin setup and more technical. Interviewed with a supervisor, a few different departments, HR, and a manager.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a unique and innovative solution you have come up with that was successful.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

GREF Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I had an on campus interview with Exxon Mobil. It was only thirty minutes long and there were no technical questions. most of the questions focused on decision making or were behavioral questions. We did not spend much time discussing the position its self but focused more on Exxon Mobil

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2013.

Applied through school, landed an interview. interview was 1 on 1. The interview asks for times that you did certain things, or were in certain positions. Look at common behavioral analysis questions online. Think about specific instances and experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell a time when you did not have the resources to complete a project. what did you do   Answer Question

Intern Interview

applied through school's career website and online, process took 2 weeks, and another 2 weeks to hear back from them

Interview Questions
    • what is the most difficult thing you've ever accomplished so far?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2013.

I interviewed through college or university. Submitted resume on my college's career website and then got an email from the recruiter. I then scheduled the interview time. The interview took 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most challenge while working in a group project?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Applied through my university. Submitted my resume and transcript and got an interview. Pretty straight forward. Half questions from resume the other half were behavior interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • All basic behavioral interview questions, none where difficult   Answer Question