ExxonMobil Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online through school recruiting and then got the first round but never got heard back, It's the first interview I ever had but it's really good experience compared other companies later on.

Interview Questions

• If you started doing a task but couldn't find more resources in the middle part, what would you do   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Austin, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview was conducted on campus. It was a thirty minute interview, very informal. The interview spent around ten minutes talking about her experiences with the company and being recruited by ExxonMobil. She also spent about ten minutes talking about the process from beginning with drilling and ending with production, which left ten minutes for her questions about me, and any question that I had.

Interview Questions

• None. There were no behavioral questions, the interviewer went through my resume and asked me about my experiences.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Interview

Applied through my College's campus recruiting. Interviewed a week later on campus. The atmosphere was formal, but rather relaxed. I enjoyed it frankly.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all behavioral, nothing out of the ordinary.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Interview

First round interview for a full time position was on campus. Simple 30 minute interview with behavioral questions. About 3 months later received a phone interview and have not had it yet.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing you have ever done and why?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

3 interviews, one on university campus, one phone interview and then one on-site interview at Houston. The entire process took 4 months from first round interview to the third round on-site interview. Received an offer 2 days after my final round interview.

Interview Questions

• No question were particularly difficult, they were all behavior type questions. Most of which were geared towards how to work in a team environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, didn't need to, offer and benefits were better than other companies.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Met at a career fair and only talked briefly but handed the recruiter my resume. Was invited to an informal lunch interview where we were introduced to the company and were able to ask any questions we had. Students were given the chance to tell about our experience. Subsequently invited for a formal interview on campus. Interview consisted of fairly standard behavioral interview questions. "Tell me about a time when..." A week or so later I was informed that I had been recommended to move on and eventually got a call from a location in Houston where I had a final phone interview before receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• In the phone interview I was asked what my technical strengths were.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As it was an internship and the compensation was several times better than anywhere else I had heard of I did not attempt to negotiate.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2010.

Interview

It was a very basic interview with regular questions. The information session beforehand was very helpful as it gave an idea of what the company had to offer and what it was looking for. my most difficult question was describe a situation in which you missed a deadline or you made a terrible mistake. Other than that it was fine. Hope it helps

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you missed a deadline?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2011.

Interview

Sat in a room with a recruiter and was asked a series of behavioral questions for about an hour. She asked me about a leadership experience and the details of the projects that I have worked on

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I applied on-line and within 2 days an on-line numerical test was sent to me. I completed the test and after 2 weeks I got an invitation for a telephone interview. I did the telephone interview but haven't heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest decision you had to make?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Talked to campus recruiter and got an on campus interview a couple weeks later. This interview was more situational... Tell me about a time when... Then got invited to a site interview a couple days after the first interview. This interview was a round robin setup and more technical. Interviewed with a supervisor, a few different departments, HR, and a manager.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a unique and innovative solution you have come up with that was successful.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation