ExxonMobil

Updated Dec 10, 2014

3.1

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ExxonMobil in December 2014.

Very lengthy and extensive interview process. At my school, only a few students received an on-campus interview. This was a 1:1 behavioral interview. About 7 weeks later, I got a call to schedule a 2nd round phone interview. A week after the 2nd round, I was invited to the 3rd round on-site interview at the refinery. The company flew me out, and the first night was an informal dinner with exxonmobil engineers. This is a time for you to get to know the people you'll possibly be working with. And it's also a time to show them that you'd be a great person to be around. The next day was the real deal - I was onsite at the refinery for about 6 hours, where I went through 3 interviews, a refinery tour, and a lunch with a few other engineers. Of the 3 interviews, 1 was technical, 1 was on soft skills, and the last was behavioral. Although the on-site interview was lengthy, it's important to keep your interview hat on the entire time. A week after my onsite, I was offered a position.

Some tips for the application process, know EXACTLY whether you want to work downstream or upstream. And know EXACTLY whether you want to pursue the managerial or technical track. The Exxonmobil reps want to be sure you know exactly what you are interested in, and be sure to stick with it throughout the entire interview process. They don't want someone who's unsure of what they want to do.

Also, be personable. Everyone I met throughout my interviews was very smart but also personable. It helps to be very articulate as well, because they like good communicators.

And be sure to ask as many questions as you can because it'll show a genuine interest. Ask questions that are intelligent and job specific.

Interview Questions
  • An ethical situation that you faced? Managerial or technical? What class did you dislike the most?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

I interviewed at my college campus and got a call about three weeks later for a phone screen. After the phone screen, I was invited to interview at one of their refineries. Everyone I interacted with along the way was very nice, interested in what I had to say, and incredibly intelligent.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were working with someone that was insistent on doing something you did not believe was right. What did you do?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, their offer and benefits were incredible.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Passed on campus interview round; then was given on site visit to Baton Rouge, LA. Everyone I met with was very nice. They all asked me similar questions about my background etc. Everyone who works there is really smart, it is no wonder it so hard to get a job there!

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. All were background-related.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2012.

Process was very standard. The interviewer was a senior process engineer at Exxon. The interview was an hour long. 30 minutes devoted to behavioral questions. 20 minutes devoted to brain teasers and simple case questions. Last 10 minutes were devoted to any questions you may have about the company or the position. No technical questions for first round. Be sure to bring a notepad and pen to write down notes and/or work for questions.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the number of cell phones in San Francisco.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2011.

gave resume to recruiter, filled out online app, got interview

Interview Questions
    • most of the questions were about your behavior in previous situations   View Answer

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Applied for a position online. Was phoned up for an interview a few weeks after a networking session. General questions were asked regarding specific information included in the curriculum vitae, so be sure to be familiar with whatever stuff you included. Interviewers were generally friendly and informative. Whole process was enjoyable for the first round.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

After visiting the refinery to get to know the business I send a motivation letter. One day later I was called to plan my first interview. Unfortunately I was not picked for a second interview, because they didn’t saw me working in this industry.

Interview Questions
    • Technical case was really basic. Motivation for the job should be really clear!   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

The application process is a 2 round process. In the first interview there are 2 people, one from HR and one technical engineer. During this first interview they ask some competency based questions and also some questions like why Exxon, what motivates you. Besides this i got also a technical question concerning the site. In the second interview, you'll meet your supervisor.

Process Engineer Interview

Interview panel of 3 managers, with questions regarding qualifications and educational background to assess suitability for the role.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

I submitted my resume to Exxon at a Career Fair, and shortly afterward was called for an interview in an office in the same building. After this initial interview, which was largely informal, I was set up to do a second interview at the facility of work. I drove up there for a day long interview schedule with 3 or 4 different people, ranging from HR to the plant manager. After that, they were arranging yet a third interview down in Houston when I declined and joined a different company.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you can back up what you wrote on your resume.   Answer Question

Different job