ExxonMobil Process Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

The application process is a 2 round process. In the first interview there are 2 people, one from HR and one technical engineer. During this first interview they ask some competency based questions and also some questions like why Exxon, what motivates you. Besides this i got also a technical question concerning the site. In the second interview, you'll meet your supervisor.

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

I submitted my resume to Exxon at a Career Fair, and shortly afterward was called for an interview in an office in the same building. After this initial interview, which was largely informal, I was set up to do a second interview at the facility of work. I drove up there for a day long interview schedule with 3 or 4 different people, ranging from HR to the plant manager. After that, they were arranging yet a third interview down in Houston when I declined and joined a different company.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you can back up what you wrote on your resume.   Answer Question

Different job

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Passed on campus interview round; then was given on site visit to Baton Rouge, LA. Everyone I met with was very nice. They all asked me similar questions about my background etc. Everyone who works there is really smart, it is no wonder it so hard to get a job there!

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. All were background-related.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

They brought me in for an interview after I had applied for an on campus interview. The interview was an hour long and I talked one on one with my interviewer. The questions I was asked were mostly behavioral - what was the biggest challenge you've faced in a project that you have worked on, what are you biggest strengths and biggest weaknesses, etc. I was not asked any technical questions. They let me know I would be receiving an answer about whether or not I was chosen for a second interview within 2 weeks and were very cordial.

Interview Questions
    • Explain, in detail, a project you've worked on where you had to work through difficulties and how you overcame them.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2012.

Phone interview. Called to ask more about myself, interest in the company and was tested for technical knowledge in chemical engineering. Generally pleasant with 2 interviewers taking turns to ask questions. Was allowed to ask more about the job scope and explained the requirments. Went through a drug test right before internship starts

Interview Questions
    • How do you explain to a 5 year old how a distillation tower works.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

The first round interview consists of 5 behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to reach a goal but had insufficient resources.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2012.

Applied through the campus recruitment that EM conducted. We were told that there's 2 face-to-face interviews. We will get the job offer if we pass the 2 rounds of interviews. For my first round of interview, 2 engineers from the technical department interviewed me. It lasted for about 30-40 mintues. The questions were rather typical and predictable.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of how you can apply the concept from (one of your favorite subject/ module) to the petrochemical industry.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2012.

Process was very standard. The interviewer was a senior process engineer at Exxon. The interview was an hour long. 30 minutes devoted to behavioral questions. 20 minutes devoted to brain teasers and simple case questions. Last 10 minutes were devoted to any questions you may have about the company or the position. No technical questions for first round. Be sure to bring a notepad and pen to write down notes and/or work for questions.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the number of cell phones in San Francisco.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2011.

gave resume to recruiter, filled out online app, got interview

Interview Questions
    • most of the questions were about your behavior in previous situations   View Answer

Worked for ExxonMobil? Contribute to the Community!