ExxonMobil Process Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2014
Updated Oct 7, 2014

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Applied for a position online. Was phoned up for an interview a few weeks after a networking session. General questions were asked regarding specific information included in the curriculum vitae, so be sure to be familiar with whatever stuff you included. Interviewers were generally friendly and informative. Whole process was enjoyable for the first round.

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

The application process is a 2 round process. In the first interview there are 2 people, one from HR and one technical engineer. During this first interview they ask some competency based questions and also some questions like why Exxon, what motivates you. Besides this i got also a technical question concerning the site. In the second interview, you'll meet your supervisor.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2012.

Phone interview. Called to ask more about myself, interest in the company and was tested for technical knowledge in chemical engineering. Generally pleasant with 2 interviewers taking turns to ask questions. Was allowed to ask more about the job scope and explained the requirments. Went through a drug test right before internship starts

Interview Questions
    • How do you explain to a 5 year old how a distillation tower works.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Interview panel of 3 managers, with questions regarding qualifications and educational background to assess suitability for the role.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

I submitted my resume to Exxon at a Career Fair, and shortly afterward was called for an interview in an office in the same building. After this initial interview, which was largely informal, I was set up to do a second interview at the facility of work. I drove up there for a day long interview schedule with 3 or 4 different people, ranging from HR to the plant manager. After that, they were arranging yet a third interview down in Houston when I declined and joined a different company.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you can back up what you wrote on your resume.   Answer Question

Different job

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Passed on campus interview round; then was given on site visit to Baton Rouge, LA. Everyone I met with was very nice. They all asked me similar questions about my background etc. Everyone who works there is really smart, it is no wonder it so hard to get a job there!

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. All were background-related.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2012.

Process was very standard. The interviewer was a senior process engineer at Exxon. The interview was an hour long. 30 minutes devoted to behavioral questions. 20 minutes devoted to brain teasers and simple case questions. Last 10 minutes were devoted to any questions you may have about the company or the position. No technical questions for first round. Be sure to bring a notepad and pen to write down notes and/or work for questions.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the number of cell phones in San Francisco.   View Answer

Process Engineer Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone screening by a senior designer followed by the 2nd round site visit.

The phone screening was about 45 min long and the interviewer asked basic technical questions trying to get a measure of my technical skills.

The site visit took about 2 - 2.5 hours. I was interviewed by three individuals separately; the section supervisor, a senior designer, followed by the group manager. Both supervisors asked basic questions such as why you were looking for another job, why Exxon, questions about career aspirations. Some scripted questions were asked. The senior designer asked questions related to the experiences shown on my resume. He also asked me to solve 3-4 prepared problems trying to get a measure of my technical skills.

Interview Questions
    • Solving the prepared technical problems was definitely the most difficult portion of the interview. Either you can solve it or not, either way, show case what you know.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

They brought me in for an interview after I had applied for an on campus interview. The interview was an hour long and I talked one on one with my interviewer. The questions I was asked were mostly behavioral - what was the biggest challenge you've faced in a project that you have worked on, what are you biggest strengths and biggest weaknesses, etc. I was not asked any technical questions. They let me know I would be receiving an answer about whether or not I was chosen for a second interview within 2 weeks and were very cordial.

Interview Questions
    • Explain, in detail, a project you've worked on where you had to work through difficulties and how you overcame them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2011.

gave resume to recruiter, filled out online app, got interview

Interview Questions
    • most of the questions were about your behavior in previous situations   View Answer