ExxonMobil Project Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

The hiring process was as follows 1. on site career fair interview 2. phone call interview3. on site. It is a typical behavioral interview. Exxon Mobil specifically looks for engineers with social and leadership skills with a high willingness to travel to generally anywhere. They will test you on all of these fronts.

Interview Questions
  • Typical behavioral question: Name a time when you had to work with a difficult person. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2013.

I went through a recruiter at a hiring conference. I was interviewing for 3 potential positions. Based on my preferences of big/small city, office/refinery, travel, etc... That narrowed down what specific position they would interview for. All three interviewers were polite/professional, and got right to the point.

I was not selected for an on site follow on interview.

They were primarily looking for leadership/project management.

They asked about my strengths, I said I was analytical and they asked for an example where I applied it.

Interview Questions
    • What's your most significant leadership accomplishment?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

For intern recruitment: there are 3 managers and 1 HR who interview me. The process is quite relaxing. At the begining, self-intro and resume-based questions are asked. After that, technical questions like: what is stress and strain curve for different materials are asked. Other than this, it's just like chatting.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2012.

There are 2 rounds of interviews. I attended only the first one. It was done with 2 engineers and video recorded, and the recording would be sent to HR for assessment. Questions included your 5-year plan, your understanding about the position, why would you want to join Exxonmobil, some personal expierence. etc.

One of my friends has passed the first round interview. His 2nd interview was done with 6 interviewers from different departments.

PS: Be prepared for waiting. My appointment was 1:45pm but I waited for an hour until someone came out and called my name.

Interview Questions
    • Last year I have missed Exxonmobil Intership recruiment due to an overseas exchange program, and the interviewer asked me whether it is worthwhile to give up the intern opportunity for an exchange experience.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in May 2008.

The interview process was fairly simple. The questions were basic behavioral questions. No need to sweat it.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much negotiation. They gave me an offer and I needed the money fast so I took it