ExxonMobil Research Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 3, 2014
Updated Nov 3, 2014

2.8

Research Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Excellent process

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Research Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Got the onsite interview invitation one month after the campus interview. Arrived one day before the interview day. First had a dinner with couple of employers. Then interview started the second day with presentation, then 6 one by one interview. One week later, got the rejection letter.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are related with your research, research group and personal preference.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

The process was through campus interview. The interview was pleasant - very little technical questions and mainly about PhD dissertation

Research Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ExxonMobil in February 2011.

Submitted resume to campus career center. Given a chance to interview 1:1 with ExxonMobil general recruitment. Phone interview a few months later with specific division recruitment. Site interview offered. Site interview consisted of several 1:1 interviews with different levels of management/senior technical. One hour presentation w/ Q/A. After offer was accepted, drug test and background check.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating. They pay well enough.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2011.

Applied through campus career center and ExxonMobil website, talked to the recruiters during info session and career fair. They were all very nice and kind. Got notified two weeks before the interview (first round, on campus). I am looking for full-time opportunities, so I know the on campus interview will probably all be behavioral. Took some time to prepare for typical questions. And went over the resume for every detail.

Got notified for second round interview (site visit) after a week of the campus one, the date hasn't been set yet, will probably be early Nov. Will update status later.

Research Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Applied through career fair on campus. Got an on-campus interview about three weeks later. The interviewer asked me to talk about my research, emphasizing on the novelty of my projects. He also asked me some basic behavioral questions. For example: What did you do when you encounter problems in your research? What are your strengths? What are your greatest accomplishments?

Interview Questions
    • Describe how did you contribute to your research group   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Interview set up through a campus recruiter.

It was about 1 hour long mostly behavioral questions. Mostly about team work and leadership. Interviewer was very nice. I was told I will be hearing a from them in one or two weeks, so I am waiting.

Research Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

I applied through university and got an on-campus interview. The interview took about 1 hour. Most of questions were behavior questions like how you deal with difficult persons in your group. The interviewer was very nice and informative. She told me if I got accepted to the next round it will be an full day onside interview. And it may take few weeks before I heard back from them. So I am still waiting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2011.

First applied through campus career fair. They would like to hire students with high GPA and at the same time with social activities and leadership skills. On the career fair day, there was a small conversation between me and one of the hiring group. He invited me to a 1:1 interview next day. The interview was behavioral type. The interviewer makes you feel very comfortable. 3-4 days later I got an email saying that my CV was recommended to the main system. 2 weeks later, I got the phone interview and invited to an on-site interview. The whole interview process was very well organized and pleasant!!! On site interview consisted of many 1:1 interviews and an hour long presentation (for a PhD candidate).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation that you run out of resources? What did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate

Research Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in March 2009.

Very friendly process. Every interviewer made me feel very comfortable. Appeared more like a discussion than an interview.

Didnt negotiate!