ExxonMobil Research Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.8

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

The process was through campus interview. The interview was pleasant - very little technical questions and mainly about PhD dissertation

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Excellent process

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Got the onsite interview invitation one month after the campus interview. Arrived one day before the interview day. First had a dinner with couple of employers. Then interview started the second day with presentation, then 6 one by one interview. One week later, got the rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are related with your research, research group and personal preference.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ExxonMobil in February 2011.

Interview

Submitted resume to campus career center. Given a chance to interview 1:1 with ExxonMobil general recruitment. Phone interview a few months later with specific division recruitment. Site interview offered. Site interview consisted of several 1:1 interviews with different levels of management/senior technical. One hour presentation w/ Q/A. After offer was accepted, drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating. They pay well enough.

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through career fair on campus. Got an on-campus interview about three weeks later. The interviewer asked me to talk about my research, emphasizing on the novelty of my projects. He also asked me some basic behavioral questions. For example: What did you do when you encounter problems in your research? What are your strengths? What are your greatest accomplishments?

Interview Questions

• Describe how did you contribute to your research group   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied through campus career center and ExxonMobil website, talked to the recruiters during info session and career fair. They were all very nice and kind. Got notified two weeks before the interview (first round, on campus). I am looking for full-time opportunities, so I know the on campus interview will probably all be behavioral. Took some time to prepare for typical questions. And went over the resume for every detail. Got notified for second round interview (site visit) after a week of the campus one, the date hasn't been set yet, will probably be early Nov. Will update status later.

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

A good balance of technical and behavioral questions. Asked about research, challenge, group work. Nothing unexpected. I was nervous before the interview. But the interviewer was nice. After my self introduction, I completely left the nervousness behind. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you convince your team members to follow your idea?   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Application

interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through campus career fair. The interview consists of two parts. The first part is to talk about my research. The second part is behavioral questions. The behavioral questions include: talk about your leadership, teamwork, what's the most creative part of your research, how you deal with argument with others, etc.

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I applied through university and got an on-campus interview. The interview took about 1 hour. Most of questions were behavior questions like how you deal with difficult persons in your group. The interviewer was very nice and informative. She told me if I got accepted to the next round it will be an full day onside interview. And it may take few weeks before I heard back from them. So I am still waiting.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2013.

Interview

I submitted my application on the University's carrer link and then got a campus interview, lasting about 30-40 mins. Based on the resume, asking some behavioral questions, such as the most challenge task, how to work as a team player. The interviewer is nice, but I got no offer after one week.

Interview Questions

• behavioral questions, such as the most challenge task, how to work as a team player.   Answer Question