Eye Care Centers of America Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fredericksburg, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Eye Care Centers of America in February 2013.

The interview process is very detailed and took about an hour. They are not really organized though, as I applied online and was asked to come in for an interview. Then they wanted me to fill out an application on top of submitting a resume and made me wait for about 30 minutes due to their non organization. They gave a lot of timed tests even though the online application process has about a half hour test. I felt that most of the interview process was a waste of time for everyone. Everyone i met was friendly.

Eyewear Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mankato, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mankato, MN

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Eye Care Centers of America.

Initial interview with territory director. Then it was up to me to keep calling to confirm I was a candidate. Eventually I was contacted after 2 months to start in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where a customer was unhappy and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    The wage was more than I currently made, so I accepted. The person who speaks first in wage negotiations loses.... Always ask for top dollar. The worst they can say is no.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Eye Care Centers of America in April 2011.

where you apply isnt necessarily the store you will work at. After you interview with one GM, then you have to do a second interview with another GM at another store. I was put on the spot on my sales technique. Background and drug test required. Come dressed in black and white with blazer, similar to what current employees wear

Interview Questions
    • do you see yourself with this company 10 yrs from now?   Answer Question

Reception, Third Key Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kingsport, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Eye Care Centers of America in January 2008.

I submitted a resume online and was contacted by the Territory Director for the area for an interview. I was sent to interview with a local Store Manager, not the TD. I was asked all of the general questions about my education and work experience. I wasn't asked any specific questions about things I would do in certain situations or how I would react to certain scenarios. I was simply asked about my current job and duties, my education, and what I expected my hourly pay to be. It was also explained to me what the different positions in the store were such as Receptionist, Eye wear Specialist, Optical Assistant, Contact Lens Coordinator, 3rd Key, Retail Manager, & Store Manager. I was also told about positions in the lab that were open such as Lab Tech & Lab Manager. I quickly realized that the people working for ECCA are not licensed and they have no education as far as the optical industry goes (except for the Doctor). It is more of a retail establishment than a medical office. When commission was mentioned to me I realized that only Eyewear Specialists make commission, which can result in over $10,000 extra $$$ per year, although I wasn't told that at the time. If you are interviewing with ECCA and you want to make the big bucks, make sure you get hired on as an Eyewear Specialist or Third Key/Retail Manager with your main job description being TO SELL GLASSES. After the Store Manager interviewed me, he sent me to interview with the TD, I believe because I had asked for more money than the position normally carried. The interview process was the same with the TD. It was more of an instruction session about how the company worked than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about this company and why do you want to work for ECCA?   View Answer
    I asked for and received $10/hour as a Receptionist because I was currently working as a Store Manager in a different retail industry. Apparently that was the going rate they offered to Third Keys at the time and I still got that because I asked for it. I would say at this time, ask for $9 to $10/hour and see what happens if you have no management experience; if you do, ask for more. Commissions play a huge role in your salary so try to negotiate an Eye wear Specialist position, which can gain you over $10,000/year in commissions, although they may not tell you that in the interview, trust me, I made that much in commission last year on top of my hourly and it is very possible.

Optician Interview

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Eye Care Centers of America in December 2007.

Very nice people and made me feel very comfortable during the interview

Interview Questions
    • What did I think the job of being an Optician included.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Eye Care Centers of America

Worked for Eye Care Centers of America? Contribute to the Community!