Eze Software Connectivity Consultant Interview Questions

3.1

Connectivity Consultant Interview

Interview

First scheduled interview was cancelled, and second interview started late. Pretty easy questions going over resume and past experiences. Nothing too difficult. Didn't seem too interested and didn't ask that many questions - only lasted 20 minutes or so.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Eze Software

Connectivity Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eze Software in March 2011.

Interview

Applied through my college's job site, got an email from one of their HR reps a few weeks later (very nice and cordial) who wanted to talk over the phone. Phone interview went well, nothing too tough. Went through my resume and did basic fit questions. Talked about the interviewing process and he told me about Eze. Seems like a good place, I just haven't heard back unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• just fit questions, resume stuff, why do you want to work at eze? etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied to the position on craigslist and was contacted within a couple of days. The interview process consisted of a phone interview followed by an on-site interview with three managers. The phone interview comprised of basic questions based on resume and personal fit. I got a second interview notice within a week to appear on-site at the offices located in the Financial District. The office culture was very laid back akin to most software companies (think Google). There were toys lying around like nerf guns as well as a basketball hoop located in the center of the office where HR works and a foosball table and pool table located in the area where the Connectivity Consultants work. Unlike the cubicle structures most finance companies use, Eze Castle uses "pods" which are little groups of three or four desks which I assume follow the general structure used by most tech companies. The second round interview took place with three managers from the various divisions servicing their award winning OMS (research on this before the interview!). The first manager asked questions based mainly on the questionnaire the applicant filled out before arriving on site. The second manager focused more on why the applicant applied as well as a logic question. The final manager asked a questioned based on a scenario that can realistically happen in the office to see how the applicant would solve the problem. Overall, my experience with Eze Castle was a favorable one, from initial contact with the HR representative to the last interviewing manager. I thought I gave a very good interview but after two weeks of waiting I was informed that I, unfortunately, did not receive the position.

Interview Questions

• If you have an empty container that can hold three gallons of water and one that holds five gallons of water, how would you measure four gallons of water?   5 Answers
    • What would you do if one of your clients (a major hedge fund manager) called you and said that the new update to the OMS did not work and they cannot trade?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in July 2010.

Interview

Very basic phone interview based off electronically submitted resume. Good interviewer, not difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe involvement outside of academics and why they were important to you, etc. very basic questions! not hard   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

Had to wait for a while before I was called into the interview. Met with 3 different people. Took about 2 hours. Then the last few people were unavailable so they had to reschedule the final part of my interview.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview was mostly behavioral and fit questions, why I wanted to work for the company, etc, along with some logic questions.

Interview Questions

• fit questions - Why do you want to work for this company? What drew you to this area?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

There was a 30 minute interview that consisted of a few standard question mostly based on resume. After that they invite you to the office in Boston where you are interviewed by 4 different managers. They do a really good job describing the structured of the division and nature of the work. Three of the managers were really friendly and great to talk to. One was a bit crankier and wasn't all that nice. Two of the managers asked resume and educational related questions. The position will require at least one 6 month shift working overnight to support foreign markets. This seemed daunting to me but was described as a great learning experience by the managers. Ultimately the position did not seem a like a good fit for my working style. It is essentially tech support role where you are required to sit at your desk all day. I think they realized it was not a good fit...I may have also rushed the the job application that is due by 5pm the day before.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the amount of money the US spends on gasoline.   1 Answer
    • Interviewer described a stressful situation in which a big client had a connectivity problem. I was required to describe how I would solve the problem and manage the relationship.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

I had the phone interview and it was fair. They gave me information about the company and job position. They asked me about my experiences listed on my resume. Asked if my background in economy, finance and computer programming. They asked my accomplishments in my college career and similar questions that other companies ask in a behavioral interview.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

Phone interview was very basic just like everyone said, mostly asking questions about your resume and why would you be a good fit for the company. Called in for an in-person interview 3 days later, haven't gone in for it yet

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in November 2010.

Interview

Responded to Craigslist job add, heard back 2 days later via email. Recruiter set up a short phone interview. Very well-versed on the company and their services. Phone screen was basic resume and experience questions, not difficult. The next day, I received a phone call invitation to their office for a formal interview. Was interviewed by 3 people total - 2 managers and the CEO. Managers asked resume and background questions. Was given a pretty simple logic question about fruit and baskets. I got it right. CEO gave a scenario where a client cannot process trades and needs a response in 10 minutes. The goal seemed to be to test my mettle under pressure. All 3 interviewers were very unprofessional, as both managers texted throughout my responses to their questions, and the CEO took a phone call while I was trying to deal with his scenereo. I definitely left the interview with a bitter taste in my mouth, but still hoping for an offer. To top it all off, the company took a full month to send me a 2 line email telling me that I did not get the offer. I would advise most everyone against interviewing with this company. They seemed more interested in being quirky and fun with their little pods and ping-pong table than leaving me with a good impression about their actual business. Not the environment for me.

Interview Questions

• 3 bins: 1 apples, 1 oranges, 1 both...how do use 2 picks to determine the contents?   Answer Question