Eze Software

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

3.1

Business Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software in October 2008.

Well planned. Started with lower members and went right up the ladder to COO.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Eze Software in February 2011.

I went today (02/11/2011) for Software Developer. I had phone interview, home test . At the interview I took another test. The interviewer asked me to write code on the board.

Interview Questions
    • You have three very big sorted arrays; print out the common number if any other wise print no such a number.   Answer Question
    • Ask me to draw a rectangle by stars and numbers as shown below

***
      ****
      *****
      ******

View Answers (2)

Business Development Representative Interview

I applied through my university. My first interview was in person and it was terribly difficult. I had read the basic material about Eze, but they wanted to know in depth information about how much I could tell them about how Eze works and its competitors. I don't even know what a buy-side firm is to be honest and I do not understand the difference between Eze's three major branches that merged. They asked why I wanted to work in technology. I don't. I wanted a sales position. The interviewer also said that hours are long and the work is exhausting-the promise of work-life balance that its description promises doesn't seem too balanced to me. However, if you love technology and finance, this could be a cool place to work. The interviewers were very nice but the questions were tough.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me everything you know about how Eze works. Also, the brain teasers are brutal   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software.

Initially met recruiter at college fair. Received email a week later to set up a phone interview. Follow up Skype interview after that with 2 hiring managers that lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview is pretty basic, typical background questions and why your interested in the company. The Skype gets into more detail about your experience, the products about Eze, typical behavioral questions, and 2 brain teasers.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Eze Software.

Two interviews. Mostly behavioral and gauging level of interest in tech and financial services, but also some brain teasers. The brain teasers aren't excessively difficult but it's very important to not lose your head over them. Make sure you know more or less what's going on in the tech industry, and be ready to talk about trends.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about the tech industry. As an undergrad with no experience, it's daunting to analyze industry trends to someone with years worth of knowledge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software in February 2015.

I discovered Eze through my university's career fair. I received an on campus interview a few weeks later, which consisted of two 30 min interviews. These were very straightforward behavioral questions to gauge your experience/interest level with fin-tech and the industry. I was informed a week later that I received a second round interview in the New York Office. This interview was a lot more intense than the first one. It consisted of 2 two-on-one interviews each of which lasted over an hour. It started out with basic behavioral questions, then got into more situational questions, and then finally a few brain teasers. The brain teasers were very tricky I recommend looking through glassdoor and researching the different questions people were asked. Make sure to show that you have an interest in technology and financial markets, and be prepared for additional questions while you are answering the current question so that you don't get thrown off. Still waiting to hear back on the next steps.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eze Software in July 2010.

Initial phone interview with basic resume based questions. Invited to interview at the Boston office a couple weeks later. I met with a HR person, a QA Analyst, 2 Managers, then the QA Director. All were very nice and very young. The office was open and they work in "pods" Seemed like a great place to work, so i was pretty disappointed when I didn't receive an offer. Beware of logic questions - each interviewer will have at least one to ask you.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in financial investment technology? Why Eze Castle? Elaborate on your strengths and weaknesses. What drives you?   Answer Question
    • In a pitch black room you have a drawer with 27 black socks, 18 gray socks, and 9 navy socks. The socks are all individual. What is the minimum number of socks you have to pull out of the drawer to guarantee you have a pair of socks that is not navy?   View Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software in November 2010.

They will take you into a room with comfy couches and maybe some bold color on the walls. First, the HR woman interviewed me, then a couple of workers asked me two logic questions (posted on here as well), then I was told a manager was coming in. After a wait, I was told the manager was in a meeting and that they would get back to me within a week. I felt like I was a strong candidate for the position, but, like another person wrote, I think I was not offered a position because I do not have a quantitative degree.

It is my opinion that they interview a large number of people because they are supposed to, even if they know they aren't going to hire them. There was really no reason for me to not get the job, I had more work experience than those who interviewed me.

They will e-mail you if you are not offered a position, and will not respond if you ask any further questions.

Connectivity Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software in January 2011.

I applied for the Connectivity Consultant position through my college's career center site. About three days after submitting my resume and cover letter, I got an email from an admin saying that they were interested in doing a phone interview. I had the phone interview the next week, and it went well. Nothing out of the ordinary. Two days after my phone interview, I got an email saying I was accepted to the first round of in-person interviews. I went in the next week, and interviewed with three different people. The interviewers were all nice but seemed a bit rushed. The only "surprise" question was a logic test. The question went like this:

There are three barrels. One contains apples, one contains oranges, and one contains a mix of apples and oranges. There are also three labels reading "Apples," "Oranges," and "Mix." All three barrels have labels, but the labels are all incorrect. Now, if you can take only one fruit out of just one of the barrels (no looking inside), how can you figure out which each barrel is?

After the first round of in-person interviews, I didn't hear anything from Eze Castle for about two weeks. Then, I finally received a form email from HR saying that they decided to move on with other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Logic question described in above paragraph   View Answer
    • What is your favorite Excel function?   View Answer

Connectivity Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eze Software in July 2009.

I interviewed in office with 5 different managers at Eze who were all very friendly and good at describing the culture of Eze, what the company does and the specifics of the position itself. In addition, there was a long application to fill out beforehand that was very specific and detailed to get a thorough idea of who the candidate is, how he thinks and whether he would be a fit.

The ultimate no offer email was sent 3 weeks after my interview from someone I never talked to during the interview process and was worded in a way that wasn't all that tactful. That wasn't a good final impression but it seems like the company would be a good place to start a career. Very young and fun office.