Eze Software

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Getting the Interview

144 candidate interviews

Boston, MA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Eze Software in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was first contacted for a phone interview. The next day I was contacted to come up to Boston to meet for 2 hours. The interview consisted of visiting the offices and meeting with HR reps. Everyone was really nice and I enjoyed learning about the company.

Interview Question – What are you greatest weaknesses?   Answer Question

Q & A Analyst Training Program Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in September 2009.

Interview Details – I didn't really like their interview process. One guy showed up late and then started drilling me with questions. Furthermore, they did not pay for my ticket and all they seemed to care about in the interview was the Red Sox. They asked two simple logic questions.

Interview Questions

• Scenario: If you were running late for a job interview and you had no lights on in your apartment. Let's say you went into your dresser drawer and had to pull out one pair of socks. All you had was black or brown socks. And there were 5 socks total, what is the least amount of pulls you could do?   View Answers (3)
  • Scenario: You have 8 golf balls and 1 is heavier than the 7 others. All you have is a balance used in chemistry classes. What is the shortest number of times you could measure the golf balls to find the heaviest ball?   View Answers (5)

QA Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Eze Software in July 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with basic resume based questions. Invited to interview at the Boston office a couple weeks later. I met with a HR person, a QA Analyst, 2 Managers, then the QA Director. All were very nice and very young. The office was open and they work in "pods" Seemed like a great place to work, so i was pretty disappointed when I didn't receive an offer. Beware of logic questions - each interviewer will have at least one to ask you.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in financial investment technology? Why Eze Castle? Elaborate on your strengths and weaknesses. What drives you?   Answer Question
  • In a pitch black room you have a drawer with 27 black socks, 18 gray socks, and 9 navy socks. The socks are all individual. What is the minimum number of socks you have to pull out of the drawer to guarantee you have a pair of socks that is not navy?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Boston, MA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Eze Software in April 2010.

Interview Details – A big pain for a position I was apparently not being considered very seriously for. I really was not that qualified though, they were looking for people with serious quantitative skills. Three rounds of interviews. Two individual, one group. Lots of iq/logic questions, you're supposed to reason out loud. One was really tough.

Interview Question – Logic   Answer Question

QA Analyst/Connectivity Consultant Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in June 2011.

Interview Details – Step one is a phone interview with HR. Step two is either a phone interview or in person interview from managers of the two programs. The QA analyst manager will ask logic questions. Many of the questions are not about your qualifications but who you are. For instance the ask what you do for fun etc. Be prepared to talk about you as well as what you have done.

Interview Question – What do you do for fun   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in February 2011.

Interview Details – They scheduled a phone interview initially followed by 3 1:1 at the office in Boston.

Interview Question – You are given 3 large sorted arrays, find the number common to both   View Answer

Connectivity Consultant Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Eze Software in July 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed in office with 5 different managers at Eze who were all very friendly and good at describing the culture of Eze, what the company does and the specifics of the position itself. In addition, there was a long application to fill out beforehand that was very specific and detailed to get a thorough idea of who the candidate is, how he thinks and whether he would be a fit.

The ultimate no offer email was sent 3 weeks after my interview from someone I never talked to during the interview process and was worded in a way that wasn't all that tactful. That wasn't a good final impression but it seems like the company would be a good place to start a career. Very young and fun office.

Interview Question – Logic questions!   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Eze Software in December 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview, followed by a series of interviews in office. All consisted with some fit questions, but most important were the brain teasers.

Interview Question – Describe in further detail one of your biggest weaknesses.   Answer Question

Connectivity Consultant Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in June 2009.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by email to setup a phone call. I spoke to the recruiting team on some basic questions and was invited in for a face to face. I met with 3 managers and 2 directors for almost 3 hours. It was long but very informative and showed they were serious about hiring the right person. The job sounded very interesting, right up my ally with finance and technology. the people were very nice. I really wanted the job but was contacted a week later saying they weren't interested.

Interview Question – If you could be any animal what would you be and why?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Eze Software in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through their careers page in February and got an email from HR to schedule for a phone interview. The HR representative called 30 minutes late, was rude and I felt like I was being rushed off. Basic questions about resume and why Eze. He explained what LDP is to me which was, as I found later on, actually very different from the actual program tracks. Said that the next round of interviews will be a Skype interview, which I found weird considering that I live in the Boston area. I got an email the next day inviting me to the Boston office for an in-person interview. I felt like the HR department, at this point, was quite disorganized and not in sync with the whole company in general.

I met 1:1 with three different managers, 2 from Connectivity and 1 from QA, which are both LDP tracks that are based in Boston. Basic questions: why did you pick your major, why Eze, why the financial technology sector, why should we hire you, why finance. The connectivity track required a few months of overnight shifts to support APAC clients. One of the interviewers was focused on case questions, and this is where if you are not a business major, you're basically screwed. He asked about business and operational procedures, which I don't know much about as I am not a business major. Two interviewers asked me 3 logic questions each.

I found it odd that all 3 managers have not worked anywhere else but Eze and all graduated from the development program. They've all worked at Eze for a while, ranging from 5-8 years. The LDP is designed to churn out 'business consultants', which to be quite frank, sounded like a hybrid of a sales/relationship manager. If this is what you're looking for, this program is for you. I believe that going through the program locks you into the company because you get so specialized in their products and business operations that it's hard to really market yourself for a job elsewhere.

Interview Question – - Logic questions: 2 strings and a match, golf balls, gold bags filled with real and fake gold coins, 4 people on a bridge, lightbulbs and switches, how many text messages are sent a year, 8 golf balls
- A few different case questions about how you would improve business or organizational processes with technology
  Answer Question