Eze Software Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

3.1

IT Support Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and had a 30 minute phone conversation regarding my work experience, how I chose Syracuse, why I chose my major, what my future plans are and etc. Then gave me an email the next day regarding a face-to-face interview, however, I was living in New York and they're located in Chicago, so we set up a 3 hour Skype interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you find out about this job? And what drew your attention to apply for this position?   Answer Question

Client Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Straight forward phone interview followed by an on sight interview. The whole process took about 2 weeks and I had to travel to their office in NYC for the in person interview. The interview lasted 2 hours and I met with two people. The first interviewer was nice and asked me general resume and personality questions and the second interview grilled me on the company and the logic questions.

Interview Questions

• Regular questions about your resume and a logic question about how to get 4 gallons of water with a 5 gallon and 3 gallon barrels and an unlimited supply of water   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Eze Software (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

First was a phone interview with HR to gauge interest in fin tech and overall fit. Right after, I was invited to a 2-hour Skype or in-person interview, and I chose to go to the office. Interview was a little over two hours with two different people and included situational, behavioral, and some logic questions. If all goes well you will be invited to a final round interview in the office, again two hours long and this time with 3 director/VP-level people. This time they really grill you to determine whether or not you can handle the role.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you dealt with a difficult client.   Answer Question
    • Why Eze? Why FinTech?   Answer Question
    • Situation questions involving how you deal with stress, prioritization, time management.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

First interview is either on campus or over the phone. This is a two part interview, first more about yourself, what you've done, etc. The second part is logical where they present a number of logic questions to you and want you to think out loud in order to see how you think and problem solve.

Interview Questions

• Q: You're in one room with 3 light switches. There is another room which you cannot see with three lightbulbs. With only one chance to go to the other room, how do you determine which light bulb lines up with which switch?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate my contract.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Had two easy on campus interviews then was sent to the NYC office to interview. They interrogated me about coding and software systems for an hour when I was told that my knowledge was satisfactory in previous interviews. It was misleading as they did not ask me anything regarding intense computer training in prior interviews, so they flew me out for nothing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe the LDP is a good program for you?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview was average. After phone interview which was quick (10-15 mins), they sent me an email after 2 days, asking me to schedule a face-to-face interview. They asked mostly about my background and my skills. They also asked some of brain teaser questions.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Referred through a friend who has been with the Company for 3 years. After applying, I was invited to speak with a recruiter the following week regarding the position. I had spoken with 2 other employees from Eze, prepared thoroughly on what the company does and what the program entailed. After researching Eze and the program I spoke with a recruiter. The phone call was a little disjointed. She didn't offer any new information and didn't ask anything beyond why I wanted to work at Eze. The following week, I was invited to come into the office for an in-person interview. I was preparing for a standard fit, case study, brainteaser type of interview. A day before the interview, while following up with my contact within the company I was made aware this was a final round interview. Coming in I was told I would meet with multiple people throughout the day, and the whole deal should last no longer than 2 hours. Going into the interview I was directed into a room and spoke with the Assistant Director of the GMTS team. She didn't know where I was from, didn't know that I hadn't been in the office before, and was taken aback when I had mentioned I really hadn't been given an in-depth picture of the Program. She broke it down, asked some basic fit questions, and allowed me to ask some questions. I then met with the director of the GMTS team. He was a genuinely nice guy and we spoke about technology trends for a bit. However, he was interrupted mid-way through the interview under the assumption he would be interviewing someone else. He came back apologized for the miscommunication and continued the interview. He asked some fit questions, asked some basic questions about my familiarity with technology, asked a question about the direction the company should take to continue to grow. I was then notified he would be the last person I would be speaking to for the day. I asked a handful of "good" questions, and then I concluded the interview. All in all it lasted close to 70 minutes. I was contacted 4 business days later, through a generic rejection letter, that I would not be extended an offer. This obviously came as a bit of a shock, as the time and dedication I had put into talking with employees of the company, applying, and ultimately driving into Boston for an interview that lasted just over half of the allotted time seemed disproportional to the lack of common courtesy they extended in rejecting me. I can not stress enough my disappointment in the recruiting process, from what I can tell the employees at Eze have a habit of being disinterested and casting a large net in terms of recruiting. I wish I would have known ahead of time that I would be spending twice as much time driving to the interview than actually speaking with someone. By eliminating the usual first round interview, and apparently not being aware of this fact, I feel like they crippled my ability to prove my genuine interest in working within finance and with Software. Outside of not conveying a marked interest in the subject I am at a loss for why they wouldn't extend an offer, as these were the only questions I was even allowed to answer.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you mastered a software? What is the coolest thing you can do on your smartphone? What skills did you learn at your previous place of employment that would aid you at Eze? What drew you to Eze?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Eze Software in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through their careers page, got an email to set up interview the next day. Had a phone interview with a recruiter the week following. Very general questions about my resume (experiences, education, etc.). Asked if I preferred/was willing to relocate to other cities where this program will be held (Boston, NY, Chicago).

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Eze Software (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online and contacted by a HR. There is no phone interview and they let me go to their office at Chicago for Round 1 interview. Great location, dark office. The interview time was favored by them. Lunch time. Different interviewers came in one by one and I was extremely hungry. I should have had food before the interview. Common and boring technical questions and lots of behavior ones. I think they might choose people by culture fit not by technical skills. It wasted my whole day. They should schedule a phone interview to see whether the candidate is the right people because it's very easy to select people by their rules.

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Eze Software.

Interview

i only got the phone screening which was just the first step for the whole interview process. The person who called me seemed completely uninterested in me and he talked in a very noisy environment that made conversation even harder. Seemed not to respect me and did not really answer my questions. I did try my best to communicate with him, but the conversation was ended in less than 20 minutes.