Eze Software

151 candidate interviews

Leadership Development Program At Eze Castle Software Interview

Leadership Development Program At Eze Castle Software
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in February 2012.

Interview Details – It seems like Eze is a nice place to work and a decent company, but their organizational skills (likely at the HR dept) are substandard. Applied, set up a phone interview with a HR person a couple weeks later. Exchanged a couple emails back and forth setting it up and having it confirmed. Time and date came...no call...started working on other things I could stop quickly if called. Hour went by still no call. Gave up waiting and moved on. No follow up call from anyone apoligizing with an explanation on the missed appointment, or email prior with an attempt to reschedule. Also as a kicker, I got the generic email a few weeks later saying thank you for my time, but the position has been filled.

Interview Question – What time would you be available for a phone interview?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Leadership Development Program

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in October 2011.

Interview Details – First did an info session phone call. Then went to the first interview on my campus. One group from consulting, the other from QA. Then interviewed in Boston. Still waiting to hear back from them

Interview Question – What do you do for fun?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Leadership Development Program
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in May 2012.

Interview Details – For the final interview, was interviewed by two people from the consulting team and two people from the analyst team. Interview consisted of questions like why eze, what are your strengths, as well as a series of logic questions.

Interview Question – Why is a manhole cover round?   View Answer

Business Consultant Interview

Business Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Eze Software in May 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview was very basic. In person interview consisted of 2 interviews, one on one. The first one was terrible, the woman was absolutely rude and very clearly trying to throw you off your game. The second individual was extremely nice, even when he threw a logic question at me, which I didn't get (and yes, they always present you with at least one logic question so be prepared).
Be aware that because you have to deal with difficult clients, the interviews are somewhat rigorous, and the interviewers try to see if you can withstand rude individuals. If you like that kind of environment, then go for it.
This definitely wasn't for me.
Also, you are expected to give up some of your weekends in order to ensure upgrades are completed smoothly. This would be okay if they were adequately compensating you, but they only pay around $50K which is too little relative to the amount of hours they want you to put in (7am-7pm).
HR reached out to me with a generic email 3 days later with a NO.
A tip - make you sure you work extensively on the questionnaire you are required to send out before the interview. It has numerous questions which take a couple of hours to answer thoroughly. And they use those very questions, as well as your cover letter, to assess you during the interview.

Interview Questions

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Eze Software in September 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was long and painful. You get a brief tour of the place on your way to the interview room. Just rows of low cubes with no privacy, nothing special. Over a four hour period I took a technical assessment as well as met with 4 different people. The test was 2 questions. One was easy SQL stuff and the other was a little more complicated. After the test the first guy came in and asked me questions about my answers. He then proceeded to lecture me for an hour on the use of hash tables. He was rude and condescending. He decided to give me another question. This time he sat there and watched me while I was supposed to write out the answer. At that point I was done and nearly walked out. I didn't really need the job since I had other offers and interviews so I handed it back and told him I don't work well with people staring me down. Over the next 2.5 hours the other three interviewers came in and asked me about my previous experience. They went into some questions on object oriented design as well as the company and what they do.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that takes takes a string and a substring as parameters and returns the position of the substring. You can't use the helper functions that exist already for this. This was asked on the fly while he sat there and stared at me!   View Answer
  • Given 3 arrays with a large amount of numbers in each. All 3 arrays are pre sorted. Right a function/method that will find the numbers that appear in all three arrays. Performance is a factor.   View Answer

Training Program Interview

Training Program

I applied online and interviewed at Eze Software.

Interview Details – Phone interview 1 week after applying. 2 weeks after made appt for 1st interview. Interview consisted of conversations with HR rep, and individuals from QA and CC- took about 2 hrs.

Interview Question – Brain teaser about using string and matches for time   Answer Question

Deployment Consulatn Interview

Deployment Consulatn
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Eze Software.

Interview Details – Met with a representative at our career fair. He took my resume and sort of left me at dark spot. I got an email a couple weeks later saying they wanted to to have a phone interview with me. Pretty basic, just a conversation to get to know you. Few behavioral questions as well. After that is the grueling task. They asked me to come in for an interview to meet with 3 managers. Each meeting lasted about 30-45 min and was absolutely grueling. I thought I tanked it but they gave me the opportunity to come in for one more interview, to meet with three other managers. I did not know what to expect. The job seemed pretty interesting and it seemed like a cool place to work, so I went in again. This time I thought I nailed the interviews, answered there tough questions in detail and enthusiasm. I left thinking I had this one in the bag.

Interview Question – How many text messages are sent in a year?
How much gas is consumed in a year
  Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in April 2013.

Interview Details – - Began with simple initial phone interview about interest and skills
- First round interview: meet with 2 people from Connectivity and 1 from QA through conversation and series of logic questions
- Second round interview: meet with only people from QA to talk about skills as they pertain to job and more logic questions
- Impersonal email (filled with grammatical errors) was sent to me a week later saying I did not get an offer

Interview Question – - Prep for logic questions!
- You have no prior experience in tech, so why choose Eze?
  Answer Question

Consulting Training - Eze Leadership Development Program Interview

Consulting Training - Eze Leadership Development Program
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Eze Software in March 2013.

Interview Details – First and only interview was a phone interview. Interviewer seemed irritated, and the process seemed very rushed- only lasted about 10 minutes of a supposed 30!

Interview Question – Why is investment important to a company?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program/QA Analyst & Connectivity Consultant Interview

Leadership Development Program/QA Analyst & Connectivity Consultant
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in June 2013.

Interview Details – The position was posted on my college's career services network. I applied for the program on Eze's website about 2 weeks before the deadline. A week later, I received an email from someone who I assumed was a recruitment manager scheduling an 30 minute phone interview. The interviewer called me 15 minutes late on the day of the interview, introduced herself to me, and proceeded to ask me a series of basic get-to-know-you type questions. I had no idea how the interview went - the woman didn't sound like she was smiling or even really engaged in our conversation. I thought several times that she might ask a follow up question about something I had just said, but she just moved right on to the next question and didn't seem to follow any logical order. The phone interview kind of turned me off to the firm - it seemed way too impersonal, as though I was just another name to interview and they didn't really care one way or another how it went. The interview lasted probably less than 20 minutes out of the allotted 30.

I received an email about a week later from the same woman who had originally emailed me (not the phone interviewer) telling me that they would like to set up a 1-hour Skype interview. I gave them my user ID and this time they called in right on time. The two guys who interviewed me were extremely nice. They had both come through the LDP, but they worked at the NY office, not the Boston one that I was interviewing for. I spoke with each for about 20-25 minutes. They asked me a series of behavioral type questions and, since I don't have a technical or software-based background, asked me what drew me to apply for Eze and what I hoped to accomplish in 3-5 years as a result of coming through the LDP. I asked them questions about what they loved about Eze and what they had done before coming to the firm. When they both told me that they'd never worked anywhere else, it seemed to me that accepting a position in the LDP with Eze would mean being with the firm for a significant amount of time and not being in contact with clients or many other people for a large chunk of it. Although the two young men who interviewed me seemed very happy in their positions with Eze, I hung up the Skype call not sure if I actually wanted the position anymore. If you're looking for a program that will give you a foothold into long-term and growth-oriented employment with the firm, then this is the right program for you.

Interview Question – Please tell us exactly what it is that our software helps people to accomplish and why you feel that we provide a valuable service to our clients.   View Answer