Eze Software Interview Questions

3.1

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eze Software in February 2010.

They give a description of the company, your expected hours (50/ week) and asked about former/current employment.

Then, 5 tech questions:

1. How do you promote a server to Domain Controller?
    2. What port does SMTP use?
    3. Why is it bad to keep Exchange and AD on same server?
    4. What is IP?
    5. What is DNS?

Interview Questions
    • What salary would it take for you to move from your current job to us?   Answer Question

Connectivity Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software in April 2010.

I applied to the position on craigslist and was contacted within a couple of days. The interview process consisted of a phone interview followed by an on-site interview with three managers. The phone interview comprised of basic questions based on resume and personal fit. I got a second interview notice within a week to appear on-site at the offices located in the Financial District. The office culture was very laid back akin to most software companies (think Google). There were toys lying around like nerf guns as well as a basketball hoop located in the center of the office where HR works and a foosball table and pool table located in the area where the Connectivity Consultants work. Unlike the cubicle structures most finance companies use, Eze Castle uses "pods" which are little groups of three or four desks which I assume follow the general structure used by most tech companies.

The second round interview took place with three managers from the various divisions servicing their award winning OMS (research on this before the interview!). The first manager asked questions based mainly on the questionnaire the applicant filled out before arriving on site. The second manager focused more on why the applicant applied as well as a logic question. The final manager asked a questioned based on a scenario that can realistically happen in the office to see how the applicant would solve the problem.

Overall, my experience with Eze Castle was a favorable one, from initial contact with the HR representative to the last interviewing manager. I thought I gave a very good interview but after two weeks of waiting I was informed that I, unfortunately, did not receive the position.

Interview Questions
    • If you have an empty container that can hold three gallons of water and one that holds five gallons of water, how would you measure four gallons of water?   View Answers (4)
    • What would you do if one of your clients (a major hedge fund manager) called you and said that the new update to the OMS did not work and they cannot trade?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software in April 2008.

The interview process was very professional.

Started with a short phone interview followed by in-person interview in Boston office with multiple members of the staff. I had a one on one interview with some higher ups and then a 2 on 1 conversational interview with 2 younger fellows.

Presented with a few brain-teaser type questions. Pretty standard overall and they will answer questions

Felt welcomed, although I didn't gather the best idea of what the position actually was like.

Interview Questions
    • Brain teaser type analytical questions... Not case studies   View Answer

I had a better option more aligned with career goals

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Eze Software in January 2011.

1 online test + 1 onsite test + discussion about the solutions provided for both the tests

Interview Questions
    • In three very large arrays, calculate a number common to the same array   View Answer

Systems Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software in February 2011.

I received a phone interview within days of applying. The phone interview was short, behavioral questions. About an hour after the phone interview I received an email requesting me to fly to Boston for an in person interview. I had to pay travel and hotel expenses, which was very expensive due to the short notice. During this interview I met with 3 individuals, they asked more behavioral questions. It was very laid back. I didn't hear back for two weeks and when I did they decided to go with someone else.

Systems Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eze Software in February 2011.

I applied online to Eze Castle Software.......
    I had a phone interview with a recruiter......
    She told me that the interview was very good and she will be calling me to Boston for face-to-face interview......
    But I haven't heard back from them since past 5 weeks........

Connectivity Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eze Software in March 2011.

Applied through my college's job site, got an email from one of their HR reps a few weeks later (very nice and cordial) who wanted to talk over the phone.

Phone interview went well, nothing too tough. Went through my resume and did basic fit questions. Talked about the interviewing process and he told me about Eze. Seems like a good place, I just haven't heard back unfortunately.

Interview Questions
    • just fit questions, resume stuff, why do you want to work at eze? etc   Answer Question

Web Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Eze Software in June 2011.

I interviewed with the hiring manager. He completely explained the company and the position. He was great to speak with and answered all of my questions. He gave me all the time I needed to explain my qualifications and what I could bring to the company and the position. I was really impressed. Don't know if there will be next steps but I hope so.

Interview Questions
    • What you be able to bring to the compant and the position.   View Answer

Deployment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eze Software in May 2011.

A recruiter called me and asked me some questions like what do you know about Eze OMS? Why would you be a good fit for this position? Why do you want to work at Eze?

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software in February 2012.

Interview process consisted of 2 telephonic interviews after which they asked to me to come to Boston office at my own expense.

It really tells a lot about the professional ethics of a company who cannot reimburse qualified out-of-state candidates for a on-site interview after conducting 2 phone screen interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the basic OO principles.   View Answer
    • Why does .NET not support multiple inheritance?   View Answer