Eze Software Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

3.1

Training Program Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Eze Software.

Interview

Phone interview 1 week after applying. 2 weeks after made appt for 1st interview. Interview consisted of conversations with HR rep, and individuals from QA and CC- took about 2 hrs.

Deployment Consulatn Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA).

Interview

Met with a representative at our career fair. He took my resume and sort of left me at dark spot. I got an email a couple weeks later saying they wanted to to have a phone interview with me. Pretty basic, just a conversation to get to know you. Few behavioral questions as well. After that is the grueling task. They asked me to come in for an interview to meet with 3 managers. Each meeting lasted about 30-45 min and was absolutely grueling. I thought I tanked it but they gave me the opportunity to come in for one more interview, to meet with three other managers. I did not know what to expect. The job seemed pretty interesting and it seemed like a cool place to work, so I went in again. This time I thought I nailed the interviews, answered there tough questions in detail and enthusiasm. I left thinking I had this one in the bag.

Interview Questions

• How many text messages are sent in a year?
      How much gas is consumed in a year

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

- Began with simple initial phone interview about interest and skills
    - First round interview: meet with 2 people from Connectivity and 1 from QA through conversation and series of logic questions
    - Second round interview: meet with only people from QA to talk about skills as they pertain to job and more logic questions
    - Impersonal email (filled with grammatical errors) was sent to me a week later saying I did not get an offer

Interview Questions

• - Prep for logic questions!
      - You have no prior experience in tech, so why choose Eze?

Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

First and only interview was a phone interview. Interviewer seemed irritated, and the process seemed very rushed- only lasted about 10 minutes of a supposed 30!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

The position was posted on my college's career services network. I applied for the program on Eze's website about 2 weeks before the deadline. A week later, I received an email from someone who I assumed was a recruitment manager scheduling an 30 minute phone interview. The interviewer called me 15 minutes late on the day of the interview, introduced herself to me, and proceeded to ask me a series of basic get-to-know-you type questions. I had no idea how the interview went - the woman didn't sound like she was smiling or even really engaged in our conversation. I thought several times that she might ask a follow up question about something I had just said, but she just moved right on to the next question and didn't seem to follow any logical order. The phone interview kind of turned me off to the firm - it seemed way too impersonal, as though I was just another name to interview and they didn't really care one way or another how it went. The interview lasted probably less than 20 minutes out of the allotted 30.

I received an email about a week later from the same woman who had originally emailed me (not the phone interviewer) telling me that they would like to set up a 1-hour Skype interview. I gave them my user ID and this time they called in right on time. The two guys who interviewed me were extremely nice. They had both come through the LDP, but they worked at the NY office, not the Boston one that I was interviewing for. I spoke with each for about 20-25 minutes. They asked me a series of behavioral type questions and, since I don't have a technical or software-based background, asked me what drew me to apply for Eze and what I hoped to accomplish in 3-5 years as a result of coming through the LDP. I asked them questions about what they loved about Eze and what they had done before coming to the firm. When they both told me that they'd never worked anywhere else, it seemed to me that accepting a position in the LDP with Eze would mean being with the firm for a significant amount of time and not being in contact with clients or many other people for a large chunk of it. Although the two young men who interviewed me seemed very happy in their positions with Eze, I hung up the Skype call not sure if I actually wanted the position anymore. If you're looking for a program that will give you a foothold into long-term and growth-oriented employment with the firm, then this is the right program for you.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us exactly what it is that our software helps people to accomplish and why you feel that we provide a valuable service to our clients.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Eze Software in June 2013.

Interview

I applied through Craigslist and received an email the next day for a phone interview. The phone interview was very short (lasted only 12 minutes). The recruiter asked why I was interested in financial software, consulting, and eze. She didn't ask me any questions about my previous experiences so I thought I wouldn't be moving on. But I got an email for a round 1 interview a few days later. Before the first round interview, I had to fill out a very long form called Online Questions with questions such as what are your 3 biggest strengths/weaknesses, describe a time when you took initiative, etc. Definitely allow yourself a few hours to fill out this form because they will use these questions and answers to interview you.

The first round interview consists of three 45-minute interviews with someone from QA and two from connectivity. The one from QA asked two logic questions which were posted on here. Do your research beforehand so it doesn't catch you off guard. Like I said before, the interview questions are based on the form your filled out prior to the interview. Some of the interesting questions I got from the other two interviewers were "tell me something that's not on your resume" and "if you make a mistake in front of a client, how would you handle the situation?"

I didn't hear back for a week and decided to follow up and I was invited for the second round interview. This time, I met with people in senior positions from the QA side. I was given two logic question that weren't posted here but I worked my way through the problem. During this round, the interviewers focused more on my interests and why I am interested in the financial software industry.

I didn't hear back for a week and decided to contact them again. I didn't get a response until 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us?
      Logic questions:
      match and 2 string
      how to get 4 people across a bridge in 17 minutes
      feather game: you have 11 feathers and you and a friend take turns removing 3, 2, or 1 feathers. The goal is to leave the opponent with 1 feather. How many would you remove in the first turn to guarantee a win?

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA).

Interview

It's a multi-part interview process with not only the HR rep but also higher up analysts/software engineers. They will ask you the basics (profile questions, background, why you want to work there, etc.) & then pretty much end with a logic question (they seem to recycle the same ones).

Interview Questions

• I apologize, but I can't seem to remember the questions for the life of me! I think the trickiest one was the one about the socks.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied through their careers page in February and got an email from HR to schedule for a phone interview. The HR representative called 30 minutes late, was rude and I felt like I was being rushed off. Basic questions about resume and why Eze. He explained what LDP is to me which was, as I found later on, actually very different from the actual program tracks. Said that the next round of interviews will be a Skype interview, which I found weird considering that I live in the Boston area. I got an email the next day inviting me to the Boston office for an in-person interview. I felt like the HR department, at this point, was quite disorganized and not in sync with the whole company in general.

I met 1:1 with three different managers, 2 from Connectivity and 1 from QA, which are both LDP tracks that are based in Boston. Basic questions: why did you pick your major, why Eze, why the financial technology sector, why should we hire you, why finance. The connectivity track required a few months of overnight shifts to support APAC clients. One of the interviewers was focused on case questions, and this is where if you are not a business major, you're basically screwed. He asked about business and operational procedures, which I don't know much about as I am not a business major. Two interviewers asked me 3 logic questions each.

I found it odd that all 3 managers have not worked anywhere else but Eze and all graduated from the development program. They've all worked at Eze for a while, ranging from 5-8 years. The LDP is designed to churn out 'business consultants', which to be quite frank, sounded like a hybrid of a sales/relationship manager. If this is what you're looking for, this program is for you. I believe that going through the program locks you into the company because you get so specialized in their products and business operations that it's hard to really market yourself for a job elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• - Logic questions: 2 strings and a match, golf balls, gold bags filled with real and fake gold coins, 4 people on a bridge, lightbulbs and switches, how many text messages are sent a year, 8 golf balls
      - A few different case questions about how you would improve business or organizational processes with technology

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

interviewed with 3 people - very serious and straighfoward interview. most interesting part was the brain teasers. you should know your resume like the back of your hand because they ask you to talk about certain bullets. make sure you have a serious interest before going in

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Eze Software.

Interview

The processing time was very fast. I just had an initial phone interview with a human resources representative. The questions were pretty basic and behavioral. I got an offer for a second interview in person with the technical and administrative team. However, when I informed them that I might be requiring a sponsorship, they cancelled the second interview.